Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Study after study after study shows that Fox viewers are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Study after study after study shows that Fox viewers are

Jul 5, 2019, 9:17 AM

misinformed. These going back to 2012.

https://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016/07/21/a-rigorous-scientific-look-into-the-fox-news-effect/

https://defendingthetruth.com/threads/watching-only-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all.95171/

https://ritholtz.com/2018/07/americas-fox-news-problem/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Study after study after study shows that Fox viewers are

Jul 5, 2019, 9:25 AM

And I'll raise you this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd wager the most informed Americans

Jul 5, 2019, 9:30 AM

Don't watch the national news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd wager the most informed Americans

Jul 5, 2019, 9:32 AM

Yup, I avoid FOX and MSNBC as both are stupid, they just arrive at that position from a different perspective.

But CNN isnt on that list of no watch?***

Jul 5, 2019, 3:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Jul 5, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Study after study after study shows that Fox viewers are ]

Rachel Maddow is terrible, no doubt. But she doesn't make Fox News any better. :)

Jul 5, 2019, 9:27 AM

These are the same folks that think climate change is a hoax and JFK Jr is alive and a Trump loyalist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've become aware that your hate for Trump is more...

Jul 5, 2019, 9:39 AM

about hating those who voted for him. Thanks for further verification.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've become aware that your hate for Trump is more...

Jul 5, 2019, 9:46 AM

Is this the new strategy from Rush and Sean? People don’t hate trump, they hate America and the Patriots that voted for him. LOL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've become aware that your hate for Trump is more...

Jul 5, 2019, 12:04 PM

I don't think its a particularly new strategy...and both dems and pubs use it to build an 'us' vs 'them' dynamic. It makes the otherwise powerless useful idiots on both sides feel like they are really part of something bigly and that the 'other side' is out to destroy America.

No, it's about the OP insulting Trump voters and you...

Jul 7, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I've become aware that your hate for Trump is more... ]

jumping up and down with delight.

Conservative think liberals are misinformed, simple and ignorant but you guys think we are evil. Many of your candidates are using the term 'moral,' at the same time asking for people who don't believe in abortion to pay for full term abortions.

We're portrayed as having horns and a long red tail. After two years of accusing us of being in the bunker with Hitler you realized that Fox opinion people were right about Russia/Trump collusion and all those trusted news networks, dem congresspeople were liars when they said they had seen the evidence of conspiracy between Trump and Russia.

Any polite and reasonable person would say you are no less than naive perhaps even simple minded, misinformed and sometimes ignorant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, it's about the OP insulting Trump voters and you...

Jul 7, 2019, 11:57 AM

jumping up and down with delight.

Conservative think liberals are misinformed, simple and ignorant but you guys think we are evil. Many of your candidates are using the term 'moral,' at the same time asking for people who don't believe in abortion to pay for full term abortions.

We're portrayed as having horns and a long red tail. After two years of accusing us of being in the bunker with Hitler you realized that Fox opinion people were right about Russia/Trump collusion and all those trusted news networks, dem congresspeople were liars when they said they had seen the evidence of conspiracy between Trump and Russia.

Any polite and reasonable person would say you are no less than naive perhaps even simple minded, misinformed and sometimes ignorant.

There you go again. "Fox opinion people were right about Russia/Trump collusion." No they weren't, they were dead wrong. Full stop, end of discussion. No 'trusted network' said they had seen evidence of conspiracy. Adam Schiff said he'd seen evidence of 'collusion" and the networks carried it. And the Mueller report documented evidence of 'collusion'. Saying a thing over and over doesn't make it true.

I don't recall anyone on this board saying you had horns or being in the bunker with Hitler. Where do you get this stuff? No, never mind. 88 your my pal, but you just make chit up to fit you're Trump narrative. You should reflect on how desperately you want Trump to be ok. He's not, he's a very, very flawed man who is a pathological liar. He's sick dude, how can you not see that?

You are not being honest.

Jul 7, 2019, 12:22 PM

Collusion is benign by definition unless it is a collusion to conspire to commit a crime. You and other dem members here frustrated all my efforts to explain and describe this to you two years ago.

Stop lying to yourself, the word collusion and impeachment being used in harmony for two years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V87Bs2ldOu0

Re: You are not being honest.

Jul 8, 2019, 7:07 PM

Collusion is benign by definition unless it is a collusion to conspire to commit a crime. You and other dem members here frustrated all my efforts to explain and describe this to you two years ago.

Stop lying to yourself, the word collusion and impeachment being used in harmony for two years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V87Bs2ldOu0

2 years? More like It was being reported by many known democratic media outlets 2 hours after Trump’s presidential win that the election was rigged. I don’t think the guy has had one day of presidency that he hasn’t had to fight more Democrat based media outlets, criticism, hate and ridicule. He will go down in history as one of the most mistreated presidents in the United States.

Even if the conservatives didn’t agree with the left or Obama himself, they respected his position and respected the title of the president of the United States. It still means something to some people.

You are a significantly misguided human being.

Jul 5, 2019, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Study after study after study shows that Fox viewers are ]

Wait...human being?

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

So...

Jul 5, 2019, 9:37 AM

Trump really did collude with Russia, fix the election and Hillary really won? I'm such an ignorant backwoods redneck I didn't realize that.

Felix, your studies are full of chit and so are you for being so faithful to those who lied to you for two years about the one thing most important to Americans. No not the 2016 election or the Russian collusion delusion, 'It's about the economy, stupid!"

Re: So...

Jul 5, 2019, 2:51 PM

Trump really did collude with Russia, fix the election and Hillary really won? I'm such an ignorant backwoods redneck I didn't realize that.

Felix, your studies are full of chit and so are you for being so faithful to those who lied to you for two years about the one thing most important to Americans. No not the 2016 election or the Russian collusion delusion, 'It's about the economy, stupid!"

First of all, "Collusion" isn't a legal term. The Mueller Report outlined over 140 contacts between the Trump et all and Russian operatives. He just couldn't prove a quid pro quo which is a perquisite to charge conspiracy. He also found that Trump's campaign "happily" accepted the interference from Russia.

It's impressive how you can dismiss studies so nonchalantly. In other words, you insist on believing what you want to believe, in spite of evidence to the contrary. Have at it my friend, it's your silo.

Further, I don't recall any news outlet saying that Trump "fixed" the election or that "Hillary really won". Those are false narratives.

Don't start that semantics bullchit with me, Felix.

Jul 5, 2019, 3:44 PM

I told you collusion was no more than having a conversation about any given subject. You refused to hear me then because I was saying 'collusion,' isn't a crime when you so foolishly bought into congressional dems' and the MSM's crying 'collusion with Russia,' daily swearing they had proof that Trump colluded with Russia to fix the election.

It's horsechit that you'd come back to me knowing good and well that no American was charged with conspiring with Russia and lecture me on the definition of collusion. Of freaking course collusion isn't a crime but anyone with any semblance of common sense knows that when you used it the connotation was in lieu of using 'conspiracy,' and I pointed out the denotation of the word you stuck to your guns claiming Trump could, would and should be impeached.

You literally argued the other way back then and I use the word 'literally,' in the literal sense. That went on until Justice released the Mueller report and all of a sudden you found your dictionary?

You're chasing your tail and it's stinking up the room.

Re: Don't start that semantics bullchit with me, Felix.

Jul 6, 2019, 10:36 AM

My friend 88, I'm surprised that you are offended. Lets look at what you wrote:

"Trump really did collude with Russia, fix the election and Hillary really won? I'm such an ignorant backwoods redneck I didn't realize that.

You're first point is the tired old "no collusion" mantra Trump and his minions have been spouting since the Mueller report came out."

In fact, as I said, Trump and Co. did clearly collude with Russian operatives. You can't on the one hand bring up the no collusion talking point and then later say of course I know the difference between collusion and conspiracy. I also find it odd that Trump supporters completely ignore that the Trump campaign "happily" accepted Russian interference as it benefited Trump. While Trump supporters ignore that part the rest of us find it appalling! Think about it. Trump worship is so overwhelming that the fact of a foreign, hostile power interfering in our Democracy means nothing as long as it helps 'your guy'.

Further, those aren't 'my studies'. They're done by non-political entities. You're only basis for dismissing them "they're chit" is you don't like their conclusions.

If you don't want a lecture on collusion, don't keep bringing it up in the form Trump and his supporters typically do. It's false and misleading. "Trump really did collude" in the context you used it is the same old "no collusion, no obstruction' lie that Trump has indoctrinated his followers with. You and I both know that report said exactly the opposite. Trump lies and his supporters promulgate those lies.

It is never my intention to insult or offend you. We just disagree, sometimes strongly. But I still respect you.

People that get their news from TV are the least informed.

Jul 5, 2019, 9:47 AM

Not sure that Fox is any different. And it really depends when you are watching as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That might have been true in 2012. But the 2016 election

Jul 5, 2019, 10:03 AM

definitely showed the media taking sides to an extent that I've never seen before.

Most news outlets don't necessarily lie - but they definitely only report the stories that they think their particular viewers want to see. So on the news, our politics are now more about ratings than facts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 10:13 AM

Obviously.

ALL "news" programming now has deteriorated to

Jul 5, 2019, 11:46 AM

nothing more than partisan political commentary. Nobody simply reports the facts. Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's very clever and very subtle, but every "news" network is advancing a socio-political agenda.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Try Shepard Smith or Bret Baier...

Jul 7, 2019, 12:23 PM

I believe you will find some news with little to no opinion.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

P&R Post after P&R post after P&R post shows that

Jul 5, 2019, 2:43 PM

Felix2 hates Fox News...and, I dare ask, everything about those who did not help put Hillary into office as POTUS?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: P&R Post after P&R post after P&R post shows that

Jul 5, 2019, 2:54 PM

I didn't vote for Hillary. I thought she was a joke.

Wrong again. :)

Would we be having this discussion had Hillary been elected?

Jul 5, 2019, 2:55 PM

Or would we be complaining about the massive depression we would be in?

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Well, everyone who is willing to work has a job so...

Jul 5, 2019, 3:46 PM

our minds aren't occupied on making sure half the country isn't starving from dem leadership.

Jul 5, 2019, 3:32 PM

Kind sir you are delusional. I am reminded of a bible verse which says you complain about the splinter in someone's eye but ignore the log in your own eye.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2019, 6:52 PM

I have to say, that the “study” that proves people watching a certain news network makes them dumber can be thrown into same pile of useless “studies”. In fact, it is probably on the same level of uselessness as the “studies” the U.S government conducts on taxpayers dollars. Like $30,000 of the recreation of the play “Hamlet” using the cast of dogs.

You could have literally lived in a black isolated box for the last 12 years, walked outside yesterday and grabbed up 1 Sunday newspaper ( pick any random one) and you would be more informed than anyone who has spent their entire lives as a career politician or follows them.

Hint, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out which side is acting the most Un-American. Heyll, even the flat earthers can see the truth in that.

Jul 8, 2019, 7:34 PM

Study after study and poll after poll show Hillary up 20 points.

LOfuckingL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic