Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Its the new 4 GAME RULE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Its the new 4 GAME RULE

Sep 24, 2018, 11:33 AM

Dabo just moved KB from 1st to 3rd on the depth chart. KB can now red shirt and play next year as a starting QB. Thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its the new 4 GAME RULE

Sep 24, 2018, 11:35 AM

So he’s nit going to start anymore this year so he can start next year ?? Makes perfect sense

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 11:45 AM

So he’s nit going to start anymore this year so he can start next year ?? Makes perfect sense

So he can TRANSFER and play as a graduate student.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 11:59 AM

Gotcha !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes I have some thoughts.***

Sep 24, 2018, 11:35 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 24, 2018, 11:41 AM

is this a wild guess or did you hear this

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PSSSSSST

Sep 24, 2018, 11:44 AM

it's tigernet, everything is a wild guess

Sep 24, 2018, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Its the new 4 GAME RULE ]

is this a wild guess or did you hear this

i just hought about it, after hearing so much similar talk out of Alabama.

There was a lot of chatter on ESPN Radio Saturday about this

Sep 24, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Its the new 4 GAME RULE ]

Not specific to Kelly Bryant, but the pre-game crew pointed to the TE from Auburn and a 5* WR that both announced a transfer. For the Auburn TE, he's going to transfer under the graduate rules, but this season would have been his 4th year without the 4-game rule. This was an unexpected consequence of the rule change.

The 5* WR is a freshman. Thru the first 4 games he played, he had 1 or 2 catches for a small number of yards and a TD. He's going to transfer with this year as a redshirt. He'll sit out next season then have 4 years of eligibility left.

There was a lot of speculation on Jalen Hurts since Tua has clearly taken over at Bama. Redshirt the remaining games then transfer as a graduate. Kelly Bryant *could* fall into the same situation. Not saying he's going to, but would it be that big of a surprise if he did?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

should only have 3 years left in that scenario

Sep 24, 2018, 11:53 AM

This year burns redshirt
Next year sir out burns redshirt freshman year
Then starts as a Sophmore

Re: should only have 3 years left in that scenario - correct

Sep 24, 2018, 12:36 PM

You're right. But it gets him an extra year - four years to play three rather than wasting this year to four games, sitting out then having only 2 years left. This year becomes a complete waste with the WR basically quitting after 4 games, but salvagable. Something tells me this might not matter in the long run for this example ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Sep 24, 2018, 11:51 AM

Dabo just moved KB from 1st to 3rd on the depth chart.

3rd? Where did you get this information?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 11:57 AM

Dabo just moved KB from 1st to 3rd on the depth chart.

3rd? Where did you get this information?

< My goodness peeps> , I am putting forth a possible scenario that fits in with the timing of the move by Dabo.

1. If he had done it one week later and KB played next week , it would not be possible for him to keep this years eligibility as a Transfer/

2. He cant play at another position on the field either , if he wants to keep this year as a Graduate transfer.

3. I said that he was 3rd string, because , unless Trevor gets hurt or the game was in danger , Chase would go in to the game as the number 2. This would protect KB's Red Shirt for a grad transfer year of eligibility. TN has a guy playing 2nd string QB that did this from Stanford.

I have NO SOURCE, but my logic is impeccable.. and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! Now lighten up.

Sep 24, 2018, 11:56 AM

Makes sense. I beleieve the rumors are true...Kelly Bryant ti Arkansas???

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic