Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How are there any people not going to the game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

How are there any people not going to the game.

Dec 29, 2018, 11:58 AM

It’s like 80% ND what is with that people?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy, most Clemson people aren’t rich and are saving their money

Dec 29, 2018, 12:03 PM

to go to the National Championship game. Notre Dame has never been to the Playoff, obviously their fans are going to go in droves.

Re: Easy, most Clemson people aren’t rich and are saving their money

Dec 29, 2018, 12:06 PM

Pitiful crowd in Charlotte. Where are those avid #### fans ? To long of a drive I guess.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in Charlotte

Dec 29, 2018, 12:20 PM

Crowd was packed with Tiger fans on nasty nasty day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s sad to hear that you have such a poor opinion of Clemson fans.

Dec 29, 2018, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Easy, most Clemson people aren’t rich and are saving their money ]

Why do you view our fan base as poor and unable to afford to go to two playoff games?!?

We aren’t a bunch of dumb, poor, unsuccessful people. Our fan base isn’t any “poorer” than Notre Dame’s or anyone else’s.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Hey Judge,

Dec 29, 2018, 12:24 PM

Re-reading my post I could see how you interpreted that way, but that wasn’t my intention. I had originally written “most people aren’t rich” but then added the word “Clemson” in front to distinguish between the other subjects of my post (Notre Dame fans).

I meant that most people, in general, aren’t rich and can’t afford to go to 2 bowl games. I’m one of those people. Didn’t mean to offend, and I agree that we aren’t any poorer than any other fan base.

Re: It’s sad to hear that you have such a poor opinion of Clemson fans.

Dec 29, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to It’s sad to hear that you have such a poor opinion of Clemson fans. ]

Lots of folks can’t afford Christmas and two Bowl Games so they have opted for the Natty. Or get the time off from work. Glad to hear you’re so wealthy that you can afford two trips out west.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just don't understand the mentality that we are some poor

Dec 29, 2018, 1:31 PM

impoverished fan base of cheap beer drinking, low class blue collar people, who can't afford to take two freaking trips on a plane in one season, while some other fan bases are portrayed as these well-to-do, wine sipping, rich people who can afford to travel. Where does this silly belief some people on here have come from?

Maybe it harkens back to our days as an agricultural school, and some people glorify that hard working, country folk reputation and want to keep it at all costs, but it isn't that way today. Maybe it's this mentality some like to have that people from the south are kind and simple, and people from the north are angry financial types in Manhattan. I don't get it. Clemson is a great school with plenty of successful alumni and fans.

Of course, like any fan base, we have people from all walks of life, rich and poor, urban and rural, north and south, and everything in between. Nothing wrong with that, but let's not get carried away with some incorrect notion that we are somehow vastly different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: It’s sad to hear that you have such a poor opinion of Clemson fans.

Dec 29, 2018, 1:48 PM [ in reply to It’s sad to hear that you have such a poor opinion of Clemson fans. ]

Why do you view our fan base as poor and unable to afford to go to two playoff games?!?

We aren’t a bunch of dumb, poor, unsuccessful people. Our fan base isn’t any “poorer” than Notre Dame’s or anyone else’s.

Well, I hate to admit it. But yes I am. Lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s see, Miami, Arizon in 15, Arizona, Tampa in16, New

Dec 29, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to It’s sad to hear that you have such a poor opinion of Clemson fans. ]

Orleans in 2017. A&M this year. Lot of dough

ND is a national team. Plus, there are a lot

Dec 29, 2018, 12:08 PM

of Catholics in the USA who believe they are ND fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: ND is a national team. Plus, there are a lot

Dec 29, 2018, 12:31 PM

Plenty of Catholic Clemson fans. Don’t lump
us in with ND. Most of ND team is likely not
Catholic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND is a national team. Plus, there are a lot

Dec 29, 2018, 12:32 PM [ in reply to ND is a national team. Plus, there are a lot ]

1989 is correct. More Catholics than Clemson fans. And yes ND is a national brand.. They have "fans" everywhere.

Re: How are there any people not going to the game.

Dec 29, 2018, 12:09 PM

Rich bandwagon fans who have never been to a playoff.

And the stadium will be 80% empty by the 4th quarter.***

Dec 29, 2018, 12:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And the stadium will be 80% empty by the 4th quarter.***

Dec 29, 2018, 12:22 PM

Thank you, that's what matters!

At end of day, who is making the most noise in 2nd half?

Dec 29, 2018, 12:22 PM [ in reply to And the stadium will be 80% empty by the 4th quarter.*** ]

That's what will count!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 ACCCGs, 4 Semi-final games, 2 NC games. Ish get's expensive***

Dec 29, 2018, 12:26 PM

this is the 6th long distance post season

Dec 29, 2018, 12:28 PM

travel in 3 years..many cant foot going to two this year holding out for the title game if we win

Dec 29, 2018, 12:30 PM

I'm sorry I didn't make it.

So, I ask the question .....

Dec 29, 2018, 12:47 PM

What are you going to do when the field extends to eight teams and demands two MORE long distance games? Unbelievably expensive now with two games. Twice as many will be more than twice as much!,

Re: So, I ask the question .....

Dec 29, 2018, 12:55 PM

If they did expand to 8 the 1st round could be played at the higher ranked team’s home field. That would be one answer but probably won’t happen due to potential revenue loss.

Dec 29, 2018, 1:39 PM

Forest doesn't like that answer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2018, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: So, I ask the question ..... ]

I think that that is exactly what will happen. But, it still could force a long distance game with an expensive ticket for just the first game! Expanding the system is going to be a very difficult call for someone. My suggestion, play your best for the first 12 or 13 games and be one of the best four! Not playing Taxidermy Tech in September will help too.

Dec 29, 2018, 2:55 PM

Correct, if your team was lower seeded. That’s part of the equation. The home team would fill the stands. Higher seeds would have a true home field advantage as a reward for regular season performance.

I think the best answer is 6. Conference champ or best team from each power 5 conference and highest ranked at large. Top two seeds get 1st round bye. Personally, I like it at 4, but many more years of 2 SEC teams (i.e. 3 conferences left out) and I suspect it will expand.

2 conferences left out I meant***

Dec 29, 2018, 2:58 PM

Expanding to 8 teams would add 1 more round, not 2***

Dec 29, 2018, 2:58 PM [ in reply to So, I ask the question ..... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2018, 1:42 PM

My daughter gets married next Saturday. Need I say more about why I’m sitting at home? ??

Dec 29, 2018, 1:50 PM

Flying out of Jackson WY costs a fortune currently during the holidays. My parents made it though!

Clemsonhitter why the nine hells are you on TNET if you're

Dec 29, 2018, 1:55 PM

in Dallas??! You would rather be inside your room instead of enjoying the festivities? Who does that?

GO TIGERS!!! BEAT ND!!!

Holding out for California

Dec 29, 2018, 2:15 PM

Or broke from last 3 years, or both.

can you post a picture from your seat, so us

Dec 29, 2018, 2:23 PM

poor folk can see what it looks like?

Dec 29, 2018, 2:31 PM

Wife and I are here loud and proud! Hangin’ in a sea of orange at the Clemson Family Tailgate!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does the ND vs CU fan split look to be?***

Dec 29, 2018, 2:37 PM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic