Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule

Apr 25, 2019, 7:01 AM

Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule

Don’t tell Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney that the Tigers’ football schedule isn’t up to par with the rest of the nation. One media member suggested that Wednesday and drew Swinney’s ire. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Luckily, we didn't have to play UVA last year

Apr 25, 2019, 7:14 AM

I heard they were loaded.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! Great reply. Coots blanked by mediocre ACC Team.***

Apr 25, 2019, 9:57 AM

Re: Luckily, we didn't have to play UVA last year

Apr 25, 2019, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Luckily, we didn't have to play UVA last year ]

Maybe, but the Coots did get the Runner-Up trophy from the Belk Bowl!! SCARED!!!

May 2, 2019, 3:38 PM

Runner up in a two team race equals losers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOM!***

Apr 25, 2019, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Luckily, we didn't have to play UVA last year ]

Apr 26, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Luckily, we didn't have to play UVA last year ]

I heard they loaded up on the coots and whipped their A$$!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

classic...***

Apr 26, 2019, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Luckily, we didn't have to play UVA last year ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Luckily, we didn't have to play UVA last year ]

Yep, they loaded up on the coots!!!

Spurs up tour?

Apr 25, 2019, 7:22 AM

Doesn't 'spurs up' mean the chicken is dead?

So Muschamp is already giving up 4 months before the 1st kick off?

Yes Spurs up means the fight is over and the Rooster is dead

Apr 25, 2019, 9:41 AM

Not sure why it is a difficult concept for them to grasp.

Re: Yes Spurs up means the fight is over and the Rooster is dead

Apr 25, 2019, 12:42 PM

Don't tell anyone but spurs out would have a greater impact...??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule

Apr 25, 2019, 7:37 AM

My only concern is who is Seth Walder? Why would anyone care what this nobody thinks about 2019 college football schedules? Sounds very "Coot-like" in his Finebaum show whiner remarks.

Somebody needs to ask Seth what his opinion on Alabama's out of conference schedule is every year. At least we play big time schools out of conference.

BTW, it's about time that the dirt peckers play some quality teams from the SEC West like Clemson does annually.

Re: TNET: Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule

Apr 25, 2019, 8:51 AM

Forget Seth Waldor. Who was the dork that asked the question Wednesday after talking with Muschamp?

Apr 25, 2019, 7:39 AM

I shouldn't be surprised at the chickens' "logic" but I still can't believe they would go public with their argument that they have to play us while we only have to play them.

Apr 25, 2019, 7:59 AM

First of all, no one has ever heard of Seth Walder. Secondly, he's probably an SEC homer who can't understand why Clemson keeps beating EVERY SEC team they play including the Shamecocks, LSU, A&M, Alabama, Auburn, etc. Simple minds like Seth in the media are a dime a dozen!

Apr 25, 2019, 8:11 AM

I mentioned this on an FB thread.

We do have an easy schedule, if you think about it. It's easy because we don't have to play us; that's the only reason. We're the only team so far that has been able to beat TL16 (or for that matter, Tagovailoa, but that's a different story). It isn't our fault that we ran roughshod over our opponents (except for two) last year. We faced hard competition in the playoffs last year and came out convincingly on top.

Apr 25, 2019, 8:11 AM

An interesting perspective:

If it was FSU, not 'Cuse that was 10-3 and lost by 4 points in DV, they would not call the league weak. Yeah, maybe the coastal because that is a 5-3 division with no clear leader and the traditional powers (VT, Miami, GT) being a limp noodle. But that was the trend for most of the college conferences last year.

But also look around the rest of the conferences. The B10 had NW win that lost to Duke. 31-0State got blown out. The P12 had a 4 loss team against a 5 loss team.

Finally you have the B12 with two decent teams (Texas - lost to the Twerps) and "no D" OU. Finally their other lurker WVU completely imploded and then got pants-ed by 'Cuse.

I would say the top 5 spots of the SEC are better as a whole (Bammy, LSU, Jawja, A&M and Florid) but really, the gap between is still huge between those schools. None could beat Bama, few could score points against them and all hemorrhaged points to a lesser extent.

Apr 25, 2019, 10:26 AM

So you're saying Jawja was good last year but yet when they faced a decent out of conference team they got their butts handed to them. Just remember Jawja was the second best team in the SECheat and lost to the second best team in the Big 12 pretty handily. Face it it's Bama and a bunch of mediocre teams just like the ACC. Clemson and a bunch of mediocre teams. The B1G and Pac shouldn't even be in consideration.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 10:57 AM

Kinda, the gap between #1 in conference and the rest of the conference was fairly big, but that applies to almost all of the conferences last year (Save the Pac12 which was copying the ACC Coastal format).

The SEC just had everyone stay in their lane. In the slow lane you had Coots, Vandy, Ole Miss losing to everyone, the middle lane was the Jawja/A&M "put of a fight but surrender in the end group", and then the Bama lane (which did not see the orange tank coming the other way).

I think this film sums up Jawja fairly well. Good coot reference too. (SEC shorts by the way)

http://www.secsports.com/video/25032913/mystery-georgia-loss

Who defeated Jawja? - South Carolina: "Who, me? ha, sr...seriously?"

Apr 25, 2019, 2:13 PM

FutureDoc said:

The SEC just had everyone stay in their lane. In the slow lane you had Coots, Vandy, Ole Miss losing to everyone, the middle lane was the Jawja/A&M "put of a fight but surrender in the end group", and then the Bama lane (which did not see the orange tank coming the other way).

I don’t care who ya are, that’s funny right there.

Apr 25, 2019, 8:23 AM

So .... this writer thought Muschamp was a good source of information ?!? .... smh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

you would think

Apr 25, 2019, 8:44 AM

you would think playing a tough SEC schedule would prepare you to, at least, score a field goal in the Belk Bowl!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

so, who was this “media member”? I am tired of these idiots

Apr 25, 2019, 8:47 AM

Nm

Apr 25, 2019, 8:52 AM

This is called circular reasoning:
1) By vote, a large number of SEC teams are preseason top-25, with several of them put into the top six or seven;
2) When these SEC teams beat down their cupcake non-conference opponents at the beginning of the season, these voters think their preseason opinion is verified;
3) When certain SEC teams beat down their SEC opponents, the superiority of the winners of these contests is verified, and the strength of the losers is verified by "having played so well against [Alabama, UGA, take your pick]"
4) In light of #3, the higher-ranked winning SEC teams move up or solidify their hold on top 3 or 4 rankings; while the losing teams either move up or down, but only incrementally;
5) In the not-very-common case that a lower-ranked SEC team upsets a couple of higher-ranked teams, they then rocket up the rankings absurdly (e.g., Mississippi State a few years ago to #1(!); Ole Miss; Kentucky)

The net result of all this is that, with the exception of favored programs like Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame (and USC, Michigan and Texas if they ever get their acts together), it is very difficult for other programs to break into the elite club, which is, as I've said, by invitation-only.

Boise State forced the issue to a certain extent under Chris Peterson by going on the road and beating UGA, Va Tech and the like (not to mention Oklahoma and others in bowl games), but never really got the respect they deserved. Clemson is now in that elite company, but by brute force, not by invitation. That's why the Seth Walders of the world gripe about us. They still aren't fully willing to believe that Clemson belongs.

^^^^^ THIS!!!!! ^^^^^

Apr 25, 2019, 9:09 AM

You’ve nailed it cuthbert!

I am bookmarking this and will be cutting and pasting every time some blowhard talking head (or coot) starts spewing this sewerage.

Where do I send your royalties? Hah! Good post my friend!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

NAILED. IT.***

Apr 25, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post! How do I book mark it?

Apr 25, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule ]

I want to save it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Apr 25, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule ]

Replying to myself:

I would add that this goes to the strength of schedule issue.

Since SEC teams tend to stick in the top 25 (barring the occasional collapse), SEC schedules are perceived by the circular-thinking so-called "experts" as being that much stronger. But this overabundance of ranked SEC teams creates a logjam for every other conference (except maybe the Big 10), whose teams find it difficult to break into the top 25 and **easily** slip out of it. E.g., I'm sure you've noticed how often, say, a 3-loss SEC team is ranked higher than a 1-loss ACC team? In years when the SEC does well in bowl games, the pundits' high opinion of the SEC is verified. In years they don't, it's virtually ignored, as it is when the ACC has a good bowl record.

But OTOH, in the inevitable year when the ACC goes sub-500 in bowl games (inevitable for every conference), it's definitive proof that the ACC is weak, and that's the perception that sticks, even throughout the ACC's best overall years.

Apr 25, 2019, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule ]

cuthbert Well stated!

The circular reasoning is absurd and should be done away with. There should be no rankings until after week 4 of the college football season! Or maybe even the initial CFP poll.
Parody is one thing - but over-ranked teams is another! The SEC was nowhere near as good as it was advertised to be last year!
I am on record on TNET as saying as much (Before bowl season)! And, I felt like Clemson would be able to take advantage of their soft SEC schedule. I mean, LSU played good defense but couldn't muster a thing offensively. Some of the teams were beat before the coin was flipped and it showed.

If Bamers coaches were horrible; you couldn't tell it as they plowed and bullied their way through that weak conference. They smoked everybody!

The idea that only the SEC plays good football "should have been" put to bed when Ohio St. took a 3rd string QB and beat Bamer in the 1st CFP semi!

Every conference has it's big dogs, period! And their jack russels!

These clowns really need to get off this weak schedule. Weak schedule thing!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Circular Reasoning “ - Super post !! Best I’ve ever seen the SEC ....

Apr 25, 2019, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule ]

.... bias explained !! Hoping the ACCN may force ESPN to push the ACC and lessen their SEC bias a bit ... Well. ... could happen. -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

POTD!!!!***

Apr 25, 2019, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney forcefully responds to "loaded question" about Clemson's schedule ]

Summed up perfectly.......”Print that..tweet that”. Go Tigers

Coots might want to have a winning record vs the ACC before

Apr 25, 2019, 8:54 AM

they throw stones at our schedule.

Oh, wait, that ain’t happening.

mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/sc/acc.shtml

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

"on the Paul Finebaum show"

Apr 25, 2019, 9:05 AM

Yeah, no sports fan worth his/her salt gives a **** about what you have to say if you're on that Kool-aid sucking farce's show. I hope we get the opportunity to beat an SEC team in the playoffs every year, just so I can watch the pain in PF's face as he has to talk about it.

Apr 25, 2019, 9:12 AM

I do think that Dabo is using this crap from the Seth chick to fuel an offseason narrative for the team. He is so good as finding things that can drive this team to be pissed and continue to pound everyone.

Apr 25, 2019, 9:17 AM

I suspect the question was planted. look at Dabos response. who goes around ready with those stats at any time? Dabo is right, of course, but I suspect it was a local plant based on that bonehead on Finenbaum .

It's ok, Muschump

Apr 25, 2019, 9:15 AM

If you stay in Columbia for a very long time, you might some day approach .500 against ACC teams. But I doubt it.

Re: It's ok, Muschump

Apr 25, 2019, 9:21 AM

Not sure why any of y'all getting worked up about this. We as a fan base have been dealing with idiots for a long time on our supposed "easy schedule".

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to It's ok, Muschump ]

As a head coach he is 2-8 vs the ACC

At UFL he was 1-4
A uOFsc he is 1-4

If nothing else he is consistent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 10:53 AM

I would like a media member to ask Muschamp that question. And follow it up by hey Coach, last year your best "win" was a 3 TD loss to Clemson, do you think the difficulty of your schedule will help you this year win against Clemson by only losing by 2 TD or you think your win will get worse and lose by 4+TDs?

Muschamp should probably quit talking about Clemson until he can beat Kentucky, Tenn, Florida, and some of the other bottom dwellers of their league consistently.

Apr 25, 2019, 9:35 AM

This Seth guy, "whoever he is, never heard of him before his comment", I see has jumped on the ESPN's SEC SEC SEC bandwagon....apparently, he needs to go back to school because Texas A&M is on Clemson's schedule and A&M is heads about USC...so his statement is pointless...and getting his information from Muschamp is like waiting on the tooth fairy to come when you lose a tooth...both a waste to time!

If my last game was a shutout loss to the 4th place ACC

Apr 25, 2019, 9:46 AM

Coastal team, I don't believe I'd be talking about the ACC being an "easy" schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Muschamp is already making excuses for 2019

Apr 25, 2019, 10:36 AM

What did he say about our #1 toughest schedule in the country when we won the national championship? Did Dabo ring his hands and complain about it pre-season? No … he went out and prepared his team for war. Herein lies the difference between USC and Clemson. USC, including it's coaches, fans and team, don't believe that they belong in the upper tier or college football. They don't know how to go out and take it.

Apr 25, 2019, 11:19 AM

So, last night I was talking to Will Muschamp in the all-you-can-eat buffet line...

Apr 25, 2019, 11:19 AM

For those asking who Seth Walder might be.....

Seth Walder has been a Sports Analytics Writer at ESPN since 2017. Prior to joining ESPN, he worked as a reporter for the New York Daily News for six years, primarily covering the New York Jets and New York Giants. Seth grew up in London, United Kingdom and graduated from Bowdoin College with a bachelor’s degree in government.

LOL ... Grew up in London, UK.....Bowdoin College....degree in Government

Now that's credibility :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've had to lay off so many folks they need to get some new low-paid talking heads***

Apr 25, 2019, 8:52 PM

Apr 25, 2019, 12:10 PM

Coach, don't leave out that you also beat ND.

Apr 25, 2019, 12:44 PM

PREACH IT DABO! Could not have been a better response!
Always proud of you sir!

The politics of it. Is why It Matters!

Apr 25, 2019, 12:49 PM

I've seen some people call for "calm" among CU fans about the perception over our schedule. The problem is; perception. The perception our schedule is so overwhelmingly manageable means, "we have to blow everybody out" or they say we aren't any good. Or we can't afford to lose a game. We can't even have a close game w/o it hurting us. Why? Because of perception! Someone with a strong "looking schedule" conversely can have close game after close game w/o it hurting them. They may even be able to sustain a loss w/o it hurting them!

Who do these people want us to play - Alabama(smoked them last time we met). Ohio St.( oh wait, smoked them the last time we met). Notre Dame( sorry, same story they got smoked last time we played). It's ridicolous...............oh, wait................what about Oklahoma! Last two times we met we won! So, sorry not so smart people. We play our conference schedule and it prepares us to beat "ya'lls champions"! Perhaps the ACC just beats up on itself and is really much better than it's current weak perception!
I think it is anyway!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The politics of it. Is why It Matters!

Apr 25, 2019, 1:04 PM

Hoping that UNCheat blows out USuC the first game......

Apr 25, 2019, 1:23 PM

You play the schedule you have. Clemson has earned their success and who gives a #### about someone's opinion of it! I'm also an Auburn Alum and while I accept the fact that we play a loaded schedule it doesn't diminish what Clemson has done year in and year out. The teams Clemson had played in the CFP and beaten should be enough to prove their worth. Not to mention 2 of the last three National Titles.

Message was edited by: 2StripeTiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 2:46 PM

Clemson may appear to have a soft schedule because the Tigers are so well coached and prepared for each game individually. They have and will win most if not all their games by double digits. So to the public eye, it will appear as soft (just like Alabama).

Regarding The Chickens, it is the exact opposite. They struggle in most games and win (maybe) by single digits, and will have 4-6 losses next season. Therefore, in the public eye, it will be perceived as a difficult schedule, when in reality it is the simple fact they are not as good a team.

Now let’s talk about the post season. Clemson has played Alabama for the National Championship three times in the last four years and won two of those games, the most recent being the 44-16 thrashing. They beat Notre Dame 30-3, Ohio State 31-0, and Oklahoma back to back 40-6 and 37-17. Show me another team with that post season schedule and domination!! Now who has the soft schedule again???

USUCNN

Apr 26, 2019, 9:32 AM

Whatever makes you sleep at night Nochamp!
GO TIGERS!!!

Apr 26, 2019, 1:51 PM

The media are already planting the seed of a week schedule to keep us out of the playoffs if we slip up and lose a game next season. Of course Alabama won't have that problem. They can probably lose twice and still get in.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic