Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Isn't it strange everyone kept clamoring for TL to start
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Isn't it strange everyone kept clamoring for TL to start

Sep 26, 2018, 2:04 PM

But are now crying about KB leaving?

How about fans expressing their mad and hurt feelings about KBs expressing his hurt feelings? Weird right?

Other things.. QB isn't the same as a kicker. But if you're going to make that argument, I want to see on here pissed about a kicker transferring.

KB and Hurts are not analogous.. if KB had another year, I'd be stunned if he didn't choose to stay also. And on Hurts, y'all recognize he said the exact same thing in the Spring right?

The rest of the team? KB was clear he thought of transferring in the summer. This isn't blindsiding anybody. I'm sure they don't want him to leave, but I bet they understand.

Lastly, if you're on here blastong KBs skills or decision, then why do you care if he's in the team? He clearly wasn't meeting your expectations.

I love what KB did for this team. Nobody wants to replace the best, and that's what he did. He's handled the rotation well. He wants to play again.. I want that for him
Good luck Kelly B!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Isn't it strange everyone kept clamoring for TL to start

Sep 26, 2018, 2:07 PM

I bet most people didn’t realize what a fragile ego KB has.

But the admonishment to the fans about not cheering too much when TL first comes into a game might have been a clue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

EGO

Sep 26, 2018, 2:33 PM

kid wants to try his luck elsewhere. .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 26, 2018, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Isn't it strange everyone kept clamoring for TL to start ]

I bet most people didn’t realize what a fragile ego KB has.

But the admonishment to the fans about not cheering too much when TL first comes into a game might have been a clue.

Athletes almost always think they're better than they actually are. It goes with the territory - competitive sports do their best to beat you down, athletes have to be mentally resilient and utterly confident in their own worth...or they get destroyed.

Of course Kelly Bryant thinks he's better than Trevor Lawrence and thinks he should still be starting. He has to think that or he would have run instead of staying and competing for his job.

I don't fault him that - at all. What I do remember is that the guy is now 16-2 as a starter - and in one of those losses he got hurt. He wasn't an elite thrower but he was a winner and he kept Clemson in the hunt well after Deshaun Watson left town...when a lot of people were wondering if Clemson could still compete post-Watson.

I respect the guy, and I don't fault him for leaving. He had that right - and he did what I think is best for Kelly Bryant.

I actually do think it's probably for the best. The break was coming, it was needful for both sides...and Bryant probably did the best thing by making it clean. That now elevates Chase Brice to #2 and he will now get the snaps and the development that Bryant would have taken if he'd stuck around...and it means that this is Lawrence's team now, going forward, which also needed to happen.

Still hurts me a bit, though. I really respect Bryant and I hope he goes forth and is successful in his next stop - and I don't begrudge him his self-belief.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 5:24 PM

Kelly B . is a very good person and a special athlete . He humbly took time to have his picture made with my son and 2 grandsons .
It was on Sunday afternoon , the day after he went 23-29 in the ACCCC game against Miami .
He was parking his car before the basketball game .Kelly was by himself, just minding his own business and going to support our basketball team .
But he had the courtesy to pose with an 8 and 4yr . kid and discuss the game the night before with my 42 yr. old son .
Because he is a quiet , confident leader who we all know to be a WINNER .
I will never find fault with his decision to leave . He doesn't owe anyone on this board one thing .

It's finally time to give up criticizing for the players that have left our program.
Who are we to take them off the " Clemson Gentleman 's list , because if you peel back the layers , there are very few ( me included) who deserves such lofty platitudes .
Try taking Dabo's lead by saying nothing if you can't say anything positive . It's much classier .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Isn't it strange everyone kept clamoring for TL to start ]

The one thing I thought that was going to be pretty awesome after he was named the backup was what an incredible roar would have gone up this Saturday when he trotted out for his first series of downs. I really wish he would have stayed just to be able to feel that love from the fans.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Isn't it strange everyone kept clamoring for TL to start ]

I could see the fragile ego but the breadth of Dabo’s KB coddling. Now does not matter. Moving on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it really ego or just a kid wanting one final shot?

Sep 26, 2018, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Isn't it strange everyone kept clamoring for TL to start ]

If he stays at Clemson his football career is likely over in 3 1/2 months. By transferring he gets one more shot. I dont think his slap in the face comment was great but I 100% understand him wanting to transfer and play next year.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:08 PM

Nope...I think KB leaving is the best thing for the program.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 2:09 PM

I could name any of a dozen players (at least) on the team who I want to start but would be upset if their backup transferred.

So you want a 2 qb system? Or you acknowledge that

Sep 26, 2018, 2:32 PM

every other position allows for regular playing time.. even on rotation.

That's an actual question I hope your respond to.. thanks!

null

Speaking of kickers...

Sep 26, 2018, 2:09 PM

I'm happy as a pig in slop with B.T. Potter handling kickoff duty now and can't wait for Aidan Swanson to get here next year to fix our ongoing punting problems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:13 PM

I think most on here understand his transfer. It's his words he said about not getting a fair shot most are not happy with. Think you need to do better at reading comprehension. For the record, anyone that was discussing TL starting was doing so with the notion that
1) they thought Trevor had more of an upside...well, he is our starter now (prior to this transfer decision) so, guess they were in line with where the coaches decision now is
and
2) that Kelly was a team player, a leader, and would be able to cope with it and keep fighting and contributing to the team considering HE was the same guy that had considered transferring back before fall camp and chose himself to stay, knowing he would be competing for the role and there were no guarantees. So exactly why would you chose to stay to compete instead of transferring right then and there if getting beat out would be all it'd take to want to leave? Did he make that decision then with an "invincible" attitude that there was no way Trevor could beat him?

Nice shot, but my reading comprehension is just fine. These

Sep 26, 2018, 2:58 PM

posts have been flying for 24 hrs. Kelly's quote came out this morning. If you haven't been on tnet, no problem, but then don't make a dig out of ignorance.

As for your question of why'd he stay and compete? I don't think its a reach to say that he thought he'd win the qb battle and knew he had 4 games to do so while still being able to play next year. But I'm not KB so I don't know. Would you have preferred he left with Cooper and Johnson leaving just Brice and Trevor as viable qb options before the season? I don't see how that would have helped a thing.

null

Re: Nice shot, but my reading comprehension is just fine. These

Sep 26, 2018, 3:53 PM

Did you think about if KB left, Johnson or Cooper may have stayed?? That would have immediately put Johnson fighting for the spot with Lawrence...not sure why you assume KB leaving would have not affected their decisions. I could easily have seen Hunter trying to battle it out with Trevor...both were top QB's of their class.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:16 PM

It is not him leaving but his comments to the media , how do you not get that ? He was given every fair chance to win the job, he thinks being around longer should be the main requirement to continue being QB#1, he would be wrong now and in all things life related. Better he learns that now.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:31 PM

I could forgive the comments - as they are more often than not the result of entrapment by yellow journalists with leading questions. Leaving the team mid-season is breaking new ground in the generation of me-first and will be a mistake that haunts him for the rest of his life.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:29 PM

Uh - not sure how to put this but - NO! I'm not crying, and I've been in the TL camp since he stepped on campus. But, like everyone else, I have my opinions and they have theirs.

Honestly, I think it will hurt Bama this year with Hurts staying there. Not good IMO. There again - JMO.

Sep 26, 2018, 2:35 PM

It's fine for him to leave, I will wish him the best........just don't drive thru my flower bed and run over my mail box on the way out.....then holler that it is my fault!

Terrible, logic, dude, terrible logic . . .

Sep 26, 2018, 3:57 PM

If you think favoring player x to start is equivalent to being cool with player y leaving, then I guess your logic works. Otherwise, no.

And folks aren't irked that Bryant expressed his feelings. They're irked that he mischaracterized what happened. Instead of simply noting that he's transferring to pursue other opportunities in his interest, he refused to acknowledge that this is natural result of competition combined with the coaching staff's prerogative, and instead, called it a "slap in the face," insinuating it was either insulting and or unfair. Good grief.

POTD!!!!***

Sep 26, 2018, 7:24 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic