Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is making the NCAA Tournament a resonable expectation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Is making the NCAA Tournament a resonable expectation

Mar 18, 2019, 1:16 PM

when you went to the sweet 16 last year and are ranked in the top 25 preseason?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is making the NCAA Tournament a resonable expectation

Mar 18, 2019, 1:31 PM

The preseason ranking shows you how clueless many of the voters were. They can't know everything about all teams. But the insiders here knew we weren't as good without Devoe. There was nothing here that would make up for his loss. So the preseason ranking maybe got everybody a little too excited. We were not top 25 material.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 1:31 PM

But making the dance is a realistic goal. They pick 68 TEAMS !!!!!!

Mar 18, 2019, 1:35 PM

Yes but falling short of expectations is no reason to metaphorically hold your breath and stomp your feet like a spoiled child.

I don't mean "you" specifically.

Last year's team overachieved and this year's team underachieved.

Our expectations should be somewhere in between.

We are not a top 16 team but we should expect a veteran team to "get in".

If next season's team finishes .500 in conference and makes the NIT, we should be pleased.

Each team is different and in the last 2 seasons, Brownell is 1 for 2 in exceeding expectations.

He is also 1 for 2 in meeting expectations.

He is also 1 for 2 is failing to meet expectations.

Each person can choose which of those ways to look at him and his program.

Mar 18, 2019, 1:36 PM

When it's not we just need to hang it up. I'm tired of the history argument. NOBODY HAS EVER DONE ANYTHING UNTIL THEY HAVE!!!! When winning isn't the reasonable expectation count me out. History has no outcome on the future unless you allow it. It should never be about where we've been but where we're going. That's why the best is yet to come in Dabo's program.

Mar 18, 2019, 1:39 PM

No. According to CM Shack and fake Judge Keller our fans suck. We have no hope. We have to lower our standards and we are achieving beyond our goals.

Yes. This season was a big disappointment any way you spin

Mar 18, 2019, 2:08 PM

it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

3 main factors in this year's decline

Mar 18, 2019, 2:23 PM

My analysis in the decline in performance of this year compared to last year: (1) I (we) underestimated the value of Gabe Devoe's long distance 3 point shooting and the effect it had of opening up offensive space that allowed both Mitchell and to drive to the basket; (2) Mitchell's knee injury seemed to affect him this year, both decreasing his driving ability and outside shot; (3) Reed's injury kept him out of several games and affected him for a few more. As a result of these factors, and not developing another effective scoring option, when Thomas was out of the game for lengthy periods due to foul trouble, we were very ineffective offensively.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 2:26 PM

we didn't lose games because we weren't good enough, we lost at least a handful of games because we lacked the ability to execute. Making the tournament is more than a reasonable expectation, esp when you have as many upperclassmen returning as we did.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic