Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Global Warming myth solved
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

The Global Warming myth solved

Sep 10, 2019, 7:45 AM

Time to go out and buy that monster truck now, baby!

"If we had to sum the whole thing up in one simple phrase, it would be this: The biggest factor influencing weather and climate patterns on earth is the sun, period. Depending on the earth’s position to the sun at any given time, climate conditions are going to vary dramatically, and even create drastic abnormalities that defy everything that humans thought they knew about how the earth worked."

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-08-30-nasa-admits-climate-change-not-caused-by-suvs-fossil-fuels.html?fbclid=IwAR2e7ZSnI9OHIPcjnOzvaeGWmd3TDvNbtuog4DWabD1g1C4_awt1e0A9TAY

Message was edited by: HuntClub®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: The Global Warming myth solved

Sep 10, 2019, 7:50 AM

There at one time before the rush to man made global warming was a chart on NOAA that showed a +-3 degree move in a 150k year cycle. Sure wish I archived that one because it is just gone, no where to be found again .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 7:51 AM

don't worry - I'm sure many will call that fake news too. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, it was deleted, such conspiracy.

Sep 10, 2019, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: The Global Warming myth solved ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Yeah, it was deleted, such conspiracy.

Sep 10, 2019, 8:27 AM

Yes in fact it was deleted. Along with ice data charts showing a varience of 1 degree from mean in the past 10k years. Now as I remember the chart where it fell and rose the line wnet almost vertical at certain points increasing/decreasing the temp quicker in respect to time frames.

Honestly cannot fathom how deluded one can be to believe

Sep 10, 2019, 8:44 AM

in such conspiracies. You cannot simply scrub a peer reviewed study from the Internet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, it was deleted, such conspiracy.

Sep 10, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, it was deleted, such conspiracy. ]

You're using a search engine like Google Scholar or a university library to search for this paper?

Thats a cute cartoon***

Sep 10, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Yeah, it was deleted, such conspiracy. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're clearly not familiar with xkcd or Randall Monroe.

Sep 10, 2019, 11:06 AM

The sources are also cited.

So basically - global temps are the same now as they were in

Sep 10, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Yeah, it was deleted, such conspiracy. ]

5000 BC. So - we're good, right?

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's that rate of change.***

Sep 10, 2019, 11:05 AM

I love to use these charts as a reply

Sep 10, 2019, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Yeah, it was deleted, such conspiracy. ]

Seems we're doing pretty good burning fossil fuels, warming up and all. Side note, you can NOT find a historical human life expectancy chart on Google, for some reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as far as life expectancy

Sep 10, 2019, 12:48 PM

we can attribute this more to antibiotics, and of course affects global population to a degree.

global population and fossil fuel use are directly correlated.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lunge Climate Libs arent gonna like this!***

Sep 10, 2019, 7:53 AM

Re: Lunge Climate Libs arent gonna like this!***

Sep 10, 2019, 12:17 PM

I am with Bemgaline. I don't believe in science either.

Sep 10, 2019, 8:25 AM

I'll never understand why the fringe right makes global warming such a political issue and doesn't want to acknowledge our influence on it.

On one side, you've got scientists warning us so we can work on making the planet better, and on the other side, you've got a bunch of people screaming that it's made up so as to somehow fit their "conservative" agenda.

The best line from that silliness you posted:

"But the space agency, for whatever reason, has chosen to let the man-made global warming hoax persist and spread, to the detriment of human freedom."

Yep. Our freedom sure has been curbed...

Of course, the real problem is that the line you quoted isn't from NASA but rather the imbecile who wrote the article. NASA is acknowledging that the sun is a massive factor but that we as a species have accelerated it.

Here's NASA's actual position. It calls your article and you a couple of liars. Cheers!

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Sep 10, 2019, 11:03 PM

Why don't you research how many scientists who do not agree with man made global warming?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The Global Warming myth solved ]

Why don't you research how many scientists who do not agree with man made global warming?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 3:44 PM

Why do I need to? I'm just pointing out how this is a ridiculous link.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Cliff Notes for everyone.

Sep 10, 2019, 8:25 AM

To save you time.

Hunt's article is a made-up lie and here's NASA's actual position.

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Sep 10, 2019, 8:55 AM

Yet the sun has never done this before. Weird how the sun suddenly went nuts exactly when the industrial revolution hit.

Sep 10, 2019, 11:11 PM

You don't know much about the history of our sun do you?

I'm sorry, I'm sorry... I just can't get enough of your link

Sep 10, 2019, 8:56 AM

This "Natural News".

There's a teaser to an article that reads:

"If elected to the White House, Democrats promise to ban combustion engines, meat products, transportation and agriculture, plunging America into famine and pestilence - NaturalNews.com"

Hunt Club... you actually read this site, believe it, and think that's normal?

LOL - Auctually, that "news" feed was a pop-up

Sep 10, 2019, 1:56 PM

that appeared on my FB page. I have never seen it before. And, I very rarely click on these type of pop-ups on FB because I am very untrustworthy of them. However, this looked to good to pass up. I clicked and discovered a "pot of [Lunge] gold". The VERY FIRST thought I had was, "Oh, boy, this is gonna be fun on Tigernet!"

I have not been disappointed.

Ah, the old...

Sep 10, 2019, 3:06 PM

"Pretend like I didn't really believe this stuff and just wanted a reaction" back pedal. Well played.

Not at all

Sep 10, 2019, 8:46 PM

I believe there is a lot involved with global warming. I also believe it takes very little to have global lounge warming with the right topic. And I had fun with it..and still am, apparently. lol.

Hope you have a nice comfortable night with your a/c blowing at, what, 75? Lower? no matter - it is on. lol

Re: Not at all

Sep 11, 2019, 8:31 AM

There's no way to prove it, but if Vegas had a line that you have this "Natural News" bookmarked on your browser, I'd take all that action.

Re: Not at all

Sep 11, 2019, 12:40 PM

lol

Why do you hate your grandchildren?

Sep 10, 2019, 9:36 AM

Don’t be shocked when they don’t visit you in the nursing home.

How’s that for an inflammatory post?

Sep 10, 2019, 10:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 11:08 PM

That there is a concensus among scientists over man made global warming is a lie. The dissenters are censored by not getting their studies approved for peer review.

Sep 10, 2019, 2:13 PM

Humans play a part, how large is the question . Y'all remember Y2K right? The computerized world was gonna cease , everything thing with a processor was gonna smoke and fail and the governement rallied the world to spend an estimated $1.5 T on it.

Yeah and my seriously old processor ran just fine boys, my toaster kept working and all the #### aircraft went about the event without crashing. It was not because of the money spent either and it was all to spur an economy. This on the other hand is more focused on tax revenues and getting us to like them thinking we are "saving" the planet.

Sep 10, 2019, 2:57 PM

you are really trying to compare global warming to y2k as some sort of similar over reaction??

Sep 10, 2019, 3:21 PM

Yes as it relates to my view of it being a tax grab in the end. Gotta get folks on board running around screaming we are all gonna die. Gore and the carbon tax crew says hello, the carbon tax commodity trading desk 2nds it.

Meat producers not so much as in some countries they have already begun a carbon tax on it. While not considering what costs are involved with planting, pesticides and water for a vegetable diet in carbon use. Kinda silly but there you go.

Sep 10, 2019, 4:03 PM

You realize that there is the entire developed world on one side of the debate, then the Republican party in the US. I guess we are supposed to believe that you senators, congressmen, and talking heads some how uncovered a dastardly conspiracy that the entire rest of the world was too foolish to figure out.

Or it could just be as simple as GOP law makers being in the back pocket of the Fossil Fuel lobby. I leave it to you to figure out which is the more overwhelmingly likely scenario.

A better example is the ozone layer hole...

Sep 10, 2019, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The Global Warming myth solved ]

1.)Humans caused the problem (CFCs)
2.)We realized it was a problem
3.)We enacted regulations to help fix or mitigate the issue (ban CFCs)
4.)The ozone layer hole has started healing and will be repaired by 2060.
5.)Earth Survives

Global Warming/Climate Change should follow the same pattern but for some reason there is push back by some and I don't understand why. The real issue we should be faced with is the scale of the problem, not whether it is a problem.

Re: A better example is the ozone layer hole...

Sep 10, 2019, 5:03 PM

deweather said:

1.)Humans caused the problem (CFCs)
2.)We realized it was a problem
3.)We enacted regulations to help fix or mitigate the issue (ban CFCs)
4.)The ozone layer hole has started healing and will be repaired by 2060.
5.)Earth Survives

Global Warming/Climate Change should follow the same pattern but for some reason there is push back by some and I don't understand why. The real issue we should be faced with is the scale of the problem, not whether it is a problem.

There is a pushback, plain and simple, because the oil companies - which are in bed with the Republican Party - are spending hundreds of millions of dollars sponsoring climate-denial pseudoscience, and politicizing the weather.

In classic Orwellian fashion, they are of course claiming that it is the "establishment" that has some sort of vested financial interest in promoting climate change.

Basically it's exactly like Big Tobacco claiming nicotine is not addictive and there is no link between smoking and lung cancer, but they're going next level in their PR and denial and sponsoring all sorts of pseudoscience to cover it up. The biggest culprit, of course, is the Usual Suspects, the Koch Brothers - or well, the Koch Brother, now that David is dead - though BP and Shell and Exxon and all the rest have joined in.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/27/death-destruction-david-koch-legacy

Re: A better example is the ozone layer hole...

Sep 10, 2019, 6:58 PM

and the sad thing is that I believe the majority of our Senate, including Mitch McConnell, believe in the science but choose to do nothing in the name of short term profits. I mean there are a few Wacko birds that deny science all together, but the majority of our Senate are highly educated, intelligent people who just happen to be bought and sold. They also have themselves a nice wedge issue by scaring people into thinking that it is the progressives trying to destroy our country with oppressive climate regulations, you know, banning cows and cars, and forcing people to slurp their 32 ounce sodas through pasta straws.

Sep 10, 2019, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: The Global Warming myth solved ]

There's no question. Humans have caused 99.999% of climate change. The only question is how many 9's.

And you tried the y2k thing last time and multiple posters smacked you down.

You're not for real, right?

Well this is the dumbest argument I've seen on this.***

Sep 10, 2019, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: The Global Warming myth solved ]

Sep 10, 2019, 4:55 PM

Great googly moogly.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/natural-news/

What Rationalwiki has to say about Mike Adams, the owner, is even worse...Adams is one of the more loathsome creatures on the Internet right now, making money hand over fist misinforming the derps and raking in the cash thereby:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/NaturalNews

Sep 10, 2019, 7:36 PM

You go see 100 Cardiac Surgeons. 97 of them tell you that you need a stent or you're going to die.

3 of them say there's no problem, don't worry about it.

Are you going to get a stent or not?

97% of Climate Scientists agree that man-made global warming is a fact. It's consequences are disastrous.

3% say it's not a problem, don't worry about it.

Climate change has become a debatable issue for 1 reason and 1 reason only. The politicians both

Rep. and Dem. who take campaign contributions from fossil fuel companies have made this an issue.

Only one segment of the earth's population benefits from climate change denial. The fossil fuel industry and their money has brought us to this ridiculous debate.

You gettin a stent or are you falling in line with the idiots?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool story, but the 97% figure is bogus.

Sep 10, 2019, 11:21 PM

https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/10/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cool story, but the 97% figure is bogus.

Sep 11, 2019, 6:38 AM

The first paragraph in that is a lie. Why read any farther?

Because:

Sep 11, 2019, 7:31 AM

A) it wasn’t a lie

And

B) some people seek information that may not simply validate previously held opinions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because:

Sep 11, 2019, 8:10 AM

The globe is consistently warming year after year. No one argues that except looney tune conspiracy theory types.

Nope. At the time of that writing (2015) there had indeed

Sep 11, 2019, 8:38 AM

Been a “pause”.

To your original counterpoint, if the 97% consensus stat that begins all “do something now!” arguments is a lie, why should we “read anything after that”?

Wikipedia article about this "pause"...

Sep 11, 2019, 3:07 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_hiatus

Did you read the article though?

Sep 11, 2019, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Cool story, but the 97% figure is bogus. ]

The argument isn't whether global warming is happening, never has been, never will be. The argument is how much man has impacted.

I don’t disagree with you there.

Sep 11, 2019, 8:43 AM

My larger point is that so much of the “it’s all man’s doing and it’s totally reversible” crowd uses hyperbole ad nauseam to make their case (97% consensus, we have 10 years left!, etc) that it’s really hard to tell where science ends and marketing begins.

Interesting perspective...

Sep 11, 2019, 3:18 PM

You seem to be aligning yourself with those that aren't in the "it's all man's doing and it's totally reversible" crowd which is to assume then that you believe Global Warming is occurring but it's not caused by man (or not completely) and that it's not reversible.

If that's the case, then does it not scare you to think that global warming is happening and there's nothing we can do about it? How can you or others that believe that not be freaked out by that reality? You say that those that believe human caused global warming are "marketing" but what is it they are marketing? Or better yet, to what purpose or ends are they marketing?

I actually think there's truth in thinking they are marketing due to the reality that they are trying to convince some lawmakers and a minority of the public that global warming exists, it's human caused, and it's an existential threat to the world.

If everyone agrees that Global Warming is happening, shouldn't we be preparing now for the reality of a warming globe?

Re: Interesting perspective...

Sep 11, 2019, 10:46 PM

Your points are spot on. I'm exasperated by the continuing denial of scientific evidence. It's tribal to the extreme. No one benefits in any way for perpetuating the "hoax" of human caused global warming. It's a fact, it's not debatable. Those who choose to make this a political argument do so only for their 'team'.

It's us against them run a muck. The internet and the anonymity it affords seems to have magically dropped the IQ's of so damm many.

And by the way, the earth is round, it aint flat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 8:10 AM

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic