Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting Dabo stat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Interesting Dabo stat

Dec 6, 2018, 11:00 AM

Dabo sits at #18 All Time in win % at .792.
Saban is #19 at .791.
Among active Coaches only Urban Meyer (retiring) and Chris Petersen (Boise State & UW) have better win percentages. This list of Hall of Fame Coaches that Dabo is in front of is breathtaking.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting Dabo stat

Dec 6, 2018, 11:03 AM

Another thing to note about those winning percentages is that given the smaller number of games that Dabo has coached compared to many of the coaches ahead of him, he will continue to move up quickly as long as we continue to lose less than 2 games per year. At the beginning of the year he was ranked just behind Nick Saban in winning percentage but has now moved ahead of them even though neither coach has lost a game this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 11:09 AM

Seven more years like the past 4 years and Dabo would surpass even Urban Meyer's insane winning percentage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting Dabo stat ]

Yep. The Coaches he is already ahead of is impressive. Coaches with stadiums and fields named after them.

Dec 6, 2018, 11:25 AM

Unfortunately, I don't see us changing the name of our field but maybe name the hill after him when he retires coaching.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 11:51 AM

I disagree. If he maintains the level of success we're enjoying currently, Clemson University will name anything after him he would like when he retires. Clemson people love winning. I suspect we'll do whatever we need to in order to adequately honor Dabo after he's won 4 or 5 more National Championships. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We could rename Tillman to Dabo***

Dec 6, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting Dabo stat ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We could rename Tillman to Dabo***

Dec 6, 2018, 12:10 PM

For all of Tillman's sins and toxic politics, his one good deed with the creation Clemson should not be erased from campus. Sons/daughters need to redeem the sins of their fathers, not scrub them from memory.

That being said, Dabo deserves a building, let him pick.

Dec 6, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting Dabo stat ]

Rename Perimeter rd. Dabo Drive .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 6, 2018, 12:05 PM

Really, it is between Peterson and Swinney. Both *-built* the programs. In both Peterson and Dabo's case, neither team sniffed a Conference title in 15+ years while Saban/Meyer both had teams with players that had won a title, BCS rep or 10 win seasons still on the squad. Meyers is just a stewart of someone else's work (Zook did not do as much damage to Spurrier's legacy as some think). Meyer's just waltz in on someone else's talent and/or recent success. Saban is a renovator/maximizer. I think he can built but also needs a program lecacy to mold (see Mich State work). LSU was mixed case, and it is hard to say if he built LSU/Bama as compared to Swinney, Spurrier (at UF) or Bowden (FSU). Both programs were just slightly removed from division/conference champs and 10 win seasons. So Saban takes a very good program and builds an empire...

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic