Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In tonight's democratic debate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 320

In tonight's democratic debate

Sep 12, 2019, 10:18 AM

what would you like to see happen? Other than and Tulsi sensual dance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I'd like to see them have more than 15 seconds to

Sep 12, 2019, 11:08 AM

answer a question. The modern debate structure needs to be scrapped. It's all just quips and sound bites.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On West Wing (yes, I'm still watching this)

Sep 12, 2019, 11:46 AM

Bartlet slaughtered that other guy in the debate where he picked the format. Something about a candidate answers a question from the moderator, and then the other candidate gets to ask him a question about it, directly. It seems more "debate-y" like that. Of course, this would require a two-candidate race.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

join hands and sing the Soviet National Anthem

Sep 12, 2019, 1:47 PM

In other words, I only ask for transparency.

Oh. And I'd like to see the gay guy french kiss his "husband" right there on stage.

People need to know exactly what they're voting for.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Mayor Pete tongues his partner, and you feel it move,

Sep 12, 2019, 2:15 PM

will you support him?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol. Um, no. I will not support these commies, no matter how

Sep 12, 2019, 2:30 PM

much their perversions may arouse anyone.

Actually, I take that back.

Depends on who those eedjits nominate.

As a bumper sticker I recently saw stated, "Any Functioning Adult 2020".

That said, some of the Dems are clearly not functioning adults.

So we will see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: join hands and sing the Soviet National Anthem

Sep 12, 2019, 3:57 PM [ in reply to join hands and sing the Soviet National Anthem ]

In other words, I only ask for transparency.

Oh. And I'd like to see the gay guy french kiss his "husband" right there on stage.

People need to know exactly what they're voting for.

The "gay guy" will be president someday.

He probably won't win this time around - Warren is stealing his nerd thunder.

But Pete Buttigieg is punching so far above his weight class it's almost epic, and it's because he's a genius with a photographic memory (he speaks seven languages), a Harvard grad and Rhodes scholar, and on top of that he served in the US military...in an active war zone. He's also got a truly massive war chest and if memory serves I think he'd out-raised pretty much any other candidate out there; he's got Silicon Valley types dumping huge donations; the nerd clique - which is filthy loaded and can seriously tilt an election with their money - absolutely loves the dude. And he's a learning machine; the dude is pretty much the errant supergenius fake lawyer Mike from Suits, except that he's, well, an actual Harvard grad. And gay.

Oh, and he's a lot closer to center-left than an actual liberal. He's not a "Medicare for All" adherent, for one, he's not an open borders guy, and he's religious on top of that.

The hard right will never take to him because he's gay, but the hard right will never take to a Democrat anyway. Put the dude in a late-in-the-election-cycle debate against anybody and he will obliterate them; low-politic neutrals tuning in for the first time will be blown away.

He'll also probably be a Senator or governor the next time around instead of the lowly mayor of South Bend; with the war chest he's raised he can pretty much call his shot in whatever election happens in 2022. He'll be one of the big name Dems for the next 20-30 years, maybe more, whatever.

So go on and dismiss him, but he's not going away.

Um, naw. Will not happen in our lifetimes.

Sep 12, 2019, 4:01 PM

This identity politics crap is a snowflake generational thing. The pendulum will swing back. There will not be a gay president.

Or a Muslim one. Or a Mormon one.

There will be a woman and it could be ol' Poke.

Joe Biden

Sep 12, 2019, 1:52 PM

not make a fool of himself

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ha ha. ha haaa haaaa!

Sep 12, 2019, 2:05 PM

Re: In tonight's democratic debate

Sep 12, 2019, 3:36 PM

If only she had made the top 10.

I was flipping though channels last night and saw she was on state sponsored tv last night with Tucker. I wanted to stay a spell and watch but half the screen was Tucker's face so I quickly moved on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to be fair, she wasn't very good on the mic

Sep 12, 2019, 7:05 PM

I like her OK, but she didn't make it nor did Williamson, who at least shot straight about the need for us to be more united. Identity politics will not get the Dems elected.

That said, tonight I'd like to see my dawg Yang kick butt. Surprised he even made the cut.

Re: In tonight's democratic debate

Sep 12, 2019, 4:53 PM

Tougher talk on border security.

Replies: 12
| visibility 320
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic