Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What Idiot SEC Apologists Don't Get
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

What Idiot SEC Apologists Don't Get

Jun 14, 2019, 12:55 PM

Is that Great Teams don't ever:

Not want to be there

Get tired and worn down

Complain about their schedule

Get burned out

Get outplayed by copy cat plays

and MOST IMPORTANTLY

They Never Make Excuses

SEC = Sad Excuse Conference

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What Idiot SEC Apologists Don't Get

Jun 14, 2019, 2:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the brunette... on the left. Just needs "inspiration"***

Jun 14, 2019, 8:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Touché

Jun 14, 2019, 8:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True

Jun 14, 2019, 8:53 PM

very True.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2019, 9:02 PM

So, you agree that the SEC is the toughest conference?

Clemson's biotch... now and the foreseeable future.

Jun 14, 2019, 9:05 PM

Place your bet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the last three years Clemson has beaten bama twice

Jun 14, 2019, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: What Idiot SEC Apologists Don't Get ]

as many time as the SEC combined.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In the last three years Clemson has beaten bama twice

Jun 15, 2019, 9:39 AM

Well, yeah. Clemson and Bama have separated themselves from everybody else. I’m talking about the conference as a whole still being the best.

Clemson - Alabama
Syracuse - Georgia
Miami - LSU
NC State - Florida
Virginia Tech - Texas A&M
Boston College - Auburn
Virginia - Mississippi State
Florida State - Missouri
Pittsburg - South Carolina
Georgia Tech - Kentucky
Duke - Tennessee
Wake Forest - Ole Miss
North Carolina - Vanderbilt
Louisville - Arkansas

I mean, let’s be objective here.

Jun 15, 2019, 10:33 AM

LeonTrotsky® The conference doesn't win National Titles! Clemson University won it this past season not: unc, cuse, nancy st, uva, wake, canes, criminoles, bc, etc.

The SEC was 6-5 in bowl season! A far cry from being head and shoulders above everybody else. Like the ACC - there is a superior team! And everybody else. At least in the ACC two separate teams have found a way to beat the superior team. The SEC clearly can't say that!

If you have listened to the experts tell it so long about the prowess of the SEC so long and bought it hook line and sinker! No doubt you will have a hard time seeing anybody else being good.
They get the hype b/c they typically all(except for Vandy) have large stadiums and over the top enthusiastic fans. I'll give them that! But, that's it. This interest they generate excites the experts and overblown recruiting rankings serves as the meat behind their justification of always ranking SEC teams high. Often far too high despite obvious inadequacies(like no offense).

2016 ACC was 9-3 in bowl games and had the national champs! Facts escape anyone wanting to push the SEC as the best conference!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2019, 4:42 AM

Listen, as Clemson fans, we have to stop our attempts to compare the SEC and the ACC. We played a 7-5 Pitt team in our conference championship last year. I get it, the SEC is overhyped. But, they are still the best conference in America. Until Florida State and Miami are “back”, then this conversation argument is borderline delusional.

well, let’s see ricky retardo....

Jun 15, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: In the last three years Clemson has beaten bama twice ]

i’d rather play at auburn than at bc. uva, fsu, pitt, wake, nancy tate, duke, are all better than the counterparts on the other side. not only would clemson roll through that sh*t conference, but the only team worthy to be mentioned in same sentence is bama.

oh, acc has won football, basketball, and lax championships. but don’t be disheartened by facts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: well, let’s see ricky retardo....

Jun 16, 2019, 4:46 AM

I’m just going to disagree with you on much of what you said. It’s the dumbest argument I see from Clemson fans. The SEC is better than the ACC. We have to stop comparing the two. We played a 7-5 Pitt team in our conference title game. That’s embarrassing.

Jun 16, 2019, 11:54 AM

it’s not an argument. particularly when the other party is clueless. again, those teams are better that are opposite. it’s simple, simpleton

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 16, 2019, 3:36 PM

I disagree. Missouri, with Kelly Bryant, is better than Florida State. South Carolina is better than Pitt. Tennessee is better than Duke. Ole Miss is better than Wake Forest. Pitt, Duke, and Wake have virtually no NFL talent on their teams. And their recruiting rankings over the last decade have been abysmal.

Clemson is better than the best of the SEC chicken boy

Jun 16, 2019, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Re: In the last three years Clemson has beaten bama twice ]

UofSuc sucks in a good conference or any conference for that matter

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2019, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: In the last three years Clemson has beaten bama twice ]

Pittsburg - U of SC
Pitt beat Virginia last year by 10, and Virginia beat U of SC by the score of 28 - 0. How are they equals?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesnt matter if SEC > ACC or not

Jun 15, 2019, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: What Idiot SEC Apologists Don't Get ]

Point is the conference strength argument is used both ways. When Bama won the CFP it was because tough SEC prepared them for CFP, but when they lost it was because tough SEC beat them up all the while avg 29 pt wins in conference games not counting SECCG where avg dropped to 26 pt wins.

Re: Doesnt matter if SEC > ACC or not

Jun 16, 2019, 6:22 AM

If you look at the ACC, we have to play a variety of teams every year. Now that P. Johnson is gone, that goes down by one. It’s a lot tougher to prepare for variety than the same old stuff week after week. Dabo has instilled confidence in our players to succeed for four quarters and more if necessary. The talent is there on maybe ten teams or so to win a National Championship. Coaching and desire then come into play. Being prepared each week to play your best game factors. Adversity factors in because of who gets hurt. Suspensions could also factor in when one coach sits you and another plays his players. A little “luck” helps too. I think Clemson would do well in the SEC. Alabama would have a few close games in the ACC I think. Alabama always has the talent edge by stars, but stars don’t win games. We might not be ahead of Alabama right now, but we sure played like it the last time we played.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2019, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: What Idiot SEC Apologists Don't Get ]

What the f*#k does that have to do with the op?

Jun 14, 2019, 9:29 PM

P.O.T.D.D! < - - - - -

Great Post!

Jun 15, 2019, 10:36 AM

morbidtiger® You forgot - Drake wore an Alabama T-Shirt. And obviously when Drake wears your shirt you lose the championship. Wrong! His Toronto Raptors just won a championship! Sorry, sorry excuse conference - wrong again!

Jun 15, 2019, 1:53 PM

The SEC's strength has varied over the last 10 seasons;
2009 only 2 teams were NC caliber (Bama and UF)
2010 only Auburn (IMHO)
2011 LSU, Bama, (but USCe and Ark were very good)
2012 was possibly best year. Bama won the NC and UGA, USCe, aTm, LSU, and UF had quality teams.
2013 Auburn was lucky, Mizzou was overrated, USCe finished with their best ever ranking (#4), but was already heading toward the cliff.
2014-16 only Bama
2017-18 Bama and UGA (who choked both years)

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic