Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm watching Notre Dame vs USC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I'm watching Notre Dame vs USC.

Dec 12, 2018, 12:37 AM

USC self-destructed.

I'm not that impressed with ND's defense in this game. USC moved the ball but fumbled twice and made mistakes at crucial times.

Their offense was non-existent for much of the game but they do have big play capability. But Book also missed a couple of easy TDs on long throws.

Tigers win if we play half decent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm watching Notre Dame vs USC.

Dec 12, 2018, 1:01 AM

Agree, ND's best 2 games of the year were against Michigan & Stanford. Both teams I think were a little over rated. ND is a talented team, but they haven't seen a defensive front like ours yet. I would agree they defiantly they have big play capability & our D-backs are going to have to play a complete game.
I think they'll load up and try to shut down ETN early, at least until TL makes them pay on a few crossing routes & post. I look for this game to be closer than we'd like early & us pull away by mid 3rd quarter. Final 31-17 & BAMA is next!

Go Tigers!!!

Dec 12, 2018, 9:08 AM

Agreed, don't forget who Michigan lost to the game before Notre Dame.

They may have gotten much better as the season progressed but they had just come off a loss to the coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 4:44 AM

It's nice to read a sensible post from someone who has already given us the game before it's even played.
But we are still going to have to play better than just half decent.
Notre Dame can win this game.
Clemson can lose this game.
But at least your not looking ahead to playing Bama!
Thank You!

Dec 12, 2018, 4:46 AM

I meant to say from someone other than those postings who have already given us the game. My mistake!

Dec 12, 2018, 7:06 AM

I remember all the chatter on here leading up to the 31-0su game sounding much the same as what’s on here for this game. I just don’t see ND as much different from a Michigan or Boston College. I don’t think they have the speed to compete with Clemson. I also don’t think they have the size at DB to cover 5 & 8. Not to mention they haven’t seen anything like 13. They can try to stack the box all they want against the run, but they won’t do it for long. They won’t be able to stop the Clemson offense & they won’t be able to keep up offensively themselves. I don’t see this game being really close at all unless Clemson just starts slow, but even then I think the only thing that gives ND any shot is if Clemson turns the ball over. Tigers bring this one home 49-17

OK, I'll buy it...

Dec 12, 2018, 6:34 AM

But guarantee you a ND fan is over on their board saying the similar things about us after watching the Clemson-USC tape

Re: OK, I'll buy it...

Dec 12, 2018, 7:09 AM

But guarantee you a ND fan is over on their board saying the similar things about us after watching the Clemson-USC tape

Nah we are all still fighting over whether Brian Kelly is worth anything.
There have been actual discussions over whether people would want him to stay if he wins a Championship.

Dec 12, 2018, 7:18 AM

Wow! Didn’t see that coming. How you think ND matches up against Clemson?

Dec 12, 2018, 7:58 AM

Wow! Didn’t see that coming. How you think ND matches up against Clemson?

I think it will be a very entertaining game. I hope we win but understand that Clemson is loaded. What scares me most is the depth Clemson has at wide receiver and the defensive front's ability to be highly disruptive on its own. Our offensive line is decent but not great (4 top 15 picks lost recently, plus an ACL injury to our best lineman this year against Stanford).

Our defense is no joke and suspect can keep us in any game. Hoping for a good game and that the Big 10 teams enjoy wherever they watch from ??

Dec 12, 2018, 8:46 AM

Welcome!

Thanks for coming by!

We have some over-optimistic fans, but why not fan is short for FANATIC!

I expect a very close game similar to 2015, but higher scoring.

Look on the bright side - IT WON'T BE RAINING ON EITHER SIDELINE!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 12, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: OK, I'll buy it... ]

Nice of you to join us Gipper. I actually live about 25 minutes from the ND campus and go to several games a year - although this year my only experience was Stanford. I grew up rooting against ND but since moving up here, meeting many alumni, and having family go to grad school there - I hate it a little less. And besides, its my only option if I want to attend a live game.

ND is very solid, if not spectacular across the board. There are no glaring weaknesses.

The Clemson and ND squads are both better than the ones fielded in Death Valley a few years back. I do expect Clemson to win, but think it will be a tight game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: OK, I'll buy it... ]

Heh, heh, heh. Yes. I hope the B1G enjoys watching. I haven’t forgotten the 2 months of propaganda spewed by the talking heads, about the B1G East being the best division in college football. I also haven’t forgotten the arrogance of the Bucknuts fans from when I lived in Ohio for 6 years. So yes, I hope the Bucknuts and their almighty division partners enjoy watching.

Dec 12, 2018, 12:47 PM [ in reply to OK, I'll buy it... ]

I can see a ND fan on their board going crazy trying to find our stats against USC so they can compare how Clemson and ND played against a West coast common opponent.

Dec 12, 2018, 9:31 AM

Also, watch the ND/Pitt highlights on YT and you'll wonder how ND was even mentioned for the CFP. They also only beat Vandy by 5 at HOME. ND sucks, and I see no way for them to survive the onslaught that CLEMSON is going to throw at them. Bet on CLEMSON and give the points. It won't be that close.

I think we are double digit favorites for a reason BUT

Dec 12, 2018, 9:38 AM

I'm sure there are ND fans sitting around watching the Clemson vs South Carolina game and coming away extremely unimpressed with our defense too.

Dec 12, 2018, 12:50 PM

We are going in with NO LUBE !!!! Look for Ian Brook to go out early in the first quarter.

Dec 12, 2018, 1:09 PM

erm1981 said:

We are going in with NO LUBE !!!! Look for Ian Brook to go out early in the first quarter.

That's fair, but Brandon Wimbush may actually not be the worst type of quarterback to come in against a team with as great of a defensive line as Clemson has. Would make them account for his legs

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic