Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm sorry...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,033

I'm sorry...

Apr 13, 2018, 11:14 PM

but when your bullpen blows an 8 run lead in the 9th inning to a mediocre team, you deserve to lose.

God-awful at bat by Cromwell and unbelievably stupid base running on the DP at first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm sorry...

Apr 13, 2018, 11:15 PM

Correct. That was just pathetic. No other word.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2018, 11:21 PM

Mama said there will be days like this, but she also said, what makes you sick won't necessarily kill ya. Scratch this loss as one of those days that can happen on Friday the 13th!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deserve is tough word to use, but yes losing an 8 run lead in 1 inning should NEVER happen

Apr 13, 2018, 11:17 PM

It’s on the pitchers and the head coach. Move on from it and get better. Tonight was not our best effort, and it looked like we had easy win. Last 3 ours are always tough, tonight our Tigers couldn’t get it done. Best remedy, get to the next game and play great.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rally caps now, need to win the double hitter

And the spring game and all will be well!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Rally caps now, need to win the double hitter

Apr 13, 2018, 11:22 PM

I agree!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This one will sting for a while but it’s all on Monte for not closing it out no matter what. Never take a game for granted. Ok to send a newbee out in 9th but you got to have a quick hook.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2018, 6:22 AM

POTD - That one is on Coach Lee!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope this was a learning moment

Apr 14, 2018, 7:35 AM

for our young coach,Monte Lee ???? just as the 2011 Orange Bowl was for Dabo !!!! GO TIGERS !!!!

What was the Coach thinking?

Apr 14, 2018, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm sorry... ]

I will tell you what he was thinking.

A. He wanted to win this series.
B. To do that, he has to conserve his pitching.
C. Who knows what he will have to face in the next two games?
D. This game looks secure. Might he get by with a reliever that isn't the best option and save that best option for later?
E. Besides, there is a kid who has been looking good who might just need a chance.

None of us know everything Coach Lee knows. Sure, we blew this one! But, things didn't work out the way he expected.

Re: What was the Coach thinking?

Apr 14, 2018, 8:59 AM

Yeah you’re correct, give the young guns a chance. Miller was gassed and never should have thrown a pitch in the 9. Give gobin a chance to begin 9 and then if he makes a mistake you bring in experience and shut it down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,033
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic