Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m not gonna criticize Monte Lee I’m gonna support him!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I’m not gonna criticize Monte Lee I’m gonna support him!

Jun 2, 2019, 6:13 PM

Let me ask this question how many on here criticized Dabo and called for him to be fired? When he couldn’t beat the coots and it appeared he wasn’t doing a very good job. My point is haven’t we learned a lesson from the Dabo situation. Sometimes it takes time I’m not saying give Monte Lee a life contract. But what I am saying is be patient and support him. Weekend starting pitching should be good next year with Clark Sharpe and probably Askew/Strider. That seems like solid pitching next year. Look how patient everyone is being with coach brownell. Personally I’d like to see a change with basketball coaching before Baseball. Either way let’s stop criticizing because Football season is right around the corner and we have the chance of winning back to back national championships. And oh beating the coots every year is always icing on the cake! Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m not gonna criticize Monte Lee I’m gonna support him!

Jun 2, 2019, 6:16 PM

Baseball program is trending downward. Time to start figuring out how to make it better honestly.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2019, 6:18 PM

If I am not mistaken many on Tigernet could not wait for Jack Leggett to be fired so Monte Lee could be hired. IMO Monte Lee deserves the fans support. It took Dabo about 4 or 5 years to really turn things around so don’t you think Monte deserves the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2019, 6:23 PM

I'm going to support him, but I still want him to come out and say that he is embarrassed and the season was unacceptable and there will be some changes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2019, 6:23 PM

If you think Monte has the same coaching DNA as Dabo I have a bridge for sale I’d like to talk to you about.

Jun 2, 2019, 6:33 PM

Bingo! This guy is arrogant. He doesn't fit the Clemson mold. Sorry, but the more I watch him(season ticket holder for 5 years) the more I see a guy that is a me guy. I listened to Corbin during the Vandy game Friday and he is so humble. It's a different feel with Monte and I personally do not think he is a fit here. Wish him the best , but I dont think it's here.

Jun 3, 2019, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m not gonna criticize Monte Lee I’m gonna support him! ]

I never said that! Before you throw down on someone with your sarcasm read the text carefully. At no time did I refer to Monte Lee in anyway to Dabo other than the time it took Dabo to really start pushing Clemson football to Elite status. In my post I said we should support Monte Lee and give him more time. We should show patience as we did with Dabo.

Now from my post where did you read any coaching comparisons between Dabo and Monte??? I never brought up DNA! I was simply referring to TIME, a specific numbers years, and I thought it was only fair IMO to give ML more Time!

PS: sorry your are to late I am in negotiations to buy the new Cooper River Bridge. However, I am looking for a mobile home to put on my ocean front property in Arizona. Do you think you can help out there?? Or maybe we can make a trade. My Arizona property for one of your bridges.

PS+: I hope you have a nice day since it is about 1 am. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2019, 6:28 PM

Monte Lee = No
Brad Brownell = No

Carry on.

Jun 2, 2019, 6:28 PM

You people that like to compare every scenario to Dabos crack me up.

You do realize that for every Coach like Dabo that comes out of nowhere and makes a name for himself and succeeds there are an uncountable number of coaches that come out of nowhere that fail. Dabo is a very very rare exception to the rule. There aren’t many people in this world like Dabo Swinney. He was born to be a leader.

Jun 2, 2019, 6:30 PM

Apples and oranges. Wish him well but he’s not Dabo. Embarrassing showing. Again and again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2019, 1:09 AM

I'll be honest, and this may just be my problem and probably has nothing to do with what's going on. For some reason I feel like he would have rather been the coach at UofSC than at Clemson. I could be 100% wrong. He just comes across to me as a guy who would fit better down there than here. Maybe it's the fact that he was there for awhile when they were so successful. I dont know, just my thoughts.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic