Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching Game From outside US
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Watching Game From outside US

Sep 10, 2015, 2:45 AM

Could use some advice from TV/internet experts. I'm living in England and have always been able to figure out a way to watch Clemson football live. I have Slingbox, so I have direct access to my Direct TV account in the U.S. I also have Apple TV, so I can project the games on my big screen. This week, however, I can't find the Ap. State game. I know it's on ESPN 3, but it seems to reject me since my ISP is UK based. Any help on tricking the system into thinking I'm in the U.S.?
I also see another post talking about a new ESPN College Challenge channel, but I don't see it either
Thanks for device!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not an expect, nor did I sleep at a HDIE....but

Sep 10, 2015, 3:52 AM

Easy option one: www.firstrowsports.eu
Plus: free
Minus: wading through adult ads before stream starts/ not a guarantee they will host it

$ option 1: unlocator service that hides your address
Plus: it works
Minus: subscription only

$ option 2: ESPN player
By creating an iTunes id for the UK store, you'll have access to international apps like ESPN Player, which allows you to buy packages including all NCAA broadcasts for an entire sports year.
Plus: it works
Can watch on demand so you aren't up all night
Access it from istuff, or via computer (PC or Mac)
Minus: $$

Maybe some others know of more options?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not an expect, nor did I sleep at a HDIE....but

Sep 10, 2015, 5:13 AM

Phytin, you are my hero! I did the "unlocator" option and it seems to be working. Only $5/month, so a bargain if I can watch the game. Thank you very much!
Do you know if I need to change my DNS address back to the original one, or just leave it on the ones with the subscription?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching Game From outside US

Sep 10, 2015, 6:35 AM

I'm in India and had the same issue. All u need to do is download one of the VPNs that are available online and then stream it through the U.S. Of course you need your own watch ESPN login but it works fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Scotland for the Notre Dame game

Sep 10, 2015, 7:21 AM

Now you guys have me worried. We will be in Scotland for the big game against Notre Dame and while me wife won't let me watch it in total, I am planning on catching snippets. Can you usually pick up most games abroad? Might have to watch Dr. Who instead. Go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In Scotland for the Notre Dame game

Sep 10, 2015, 7:57 AM

All you need is a VPN, www.firstrowsports.eu and www.vipbox.eu. With these simple tools one can see any live sporting event in the world.

Sometimes the quality of stream may be marginal but there are a lot of variables that play into that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the solution

Sep 10, 2015, 7:58 AM [ in reply to In Scotland for the Notre Dame game ]

If your wife won't let you watch all of the CU/Notre Dame game, get another wife.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^THIS!^^^***

Sep 10, 2015, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Watching Game From outside US

Sep 10, 2015, 7:58 AM

You can always get a VPN. If you know somebody in the states that has WatchESPN access, you can log in to a US server on the VPN and use that. I use privateinternetaccess.com to get around blackouts of various sports regularly. Also for people in the US, you can use this to access/buy NFL GamePass (Sunday Ticket for non-US people).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get Xbox and a gold membership

Sep 10, 2015, 8:13 AM

then you can stream online through the Xbox

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic