Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top Ten Reasons Bama lost to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Top Ten Reasons Bama lost to Clemson

Jan 11, 2019, 6:02 PM

Top Ten Reason Clemson Beat Alabama

1. Coaching turnover at Bama finally caught up to Nick Saban. (Hasn’t been a problem before. What’s the phrase? Correlation does do not imply causality. ??)

2. Bama didn’t want it as bad as Clemson did. (Riiight. Bama didn’t want to win another national title. Sure. Ok. ??)

3. The Bama defense wasn’t as good as it has been. (Nearly every starter will be drafted at some point. And they were ranked in the top 5 for total defense. ?????)

4. Alabama plays in the mighty SEC! They were tired. (See #1)

5. Clemson has it easy in the ACC. (The only teams to beat Clemson the last four years are ACC teams and Bama. ?????)

6. Clemson uses PEDs. (The NCAA isn’t the NFL. Tests are truly random and on short notice. If Clemson has wide spread doping we’d know about it. #themoreyouknow)

7. OU was a tougher opponent than ND. (But....Oklahoma’s scoring defense is ranked 105th, Notre Dame’s is 11th. ??)

8. Clemson spent weeks preparing for Bama. (If this helps you sleep better, so be it. ??)

9. Bama played a sloppy game. (Or maybe Clemson played its first clean game vs Bama? No turnovers or sacks. Solid special teams. #perspective)

10. All the breaks went Clemson’s way. (You mean...like...losing Dexter Lawrence before the playoffs? Losing Trayvon Mullen during the game? Clemson failing to recover two Bama fumbles? Or how about how Bama was 3-3 on 4th down on their first three fourth down attempts? ??)

Hey Bammers, 1969 ACC Champs, and all other Bama apologists: Clemson beat Bama because- contrary to what the Dark Lord Finebaum says- Clemson was the better team. The were better prepared. They were more focused, and they outplayed the Crimson Tide. Period. Your excuses bore us. Have fun inventing new excuses next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if it's the number one reason, but the turnover

Jan 11, 2019, 6:11 PM

on his staff is a problem...We've played them 4 times and haven't faced the same OC twice and only faced the same DC twice... eventually that is going to have a negative effect

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if it's the number one reason, but the turnover

Jan 11, 2019, 6:18 PM

it's not a problem the years Bama wins though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

So you don't think replacing Kirby and Pruit with a 1st time

Jan 11, 2019, 6:21 PM

DC is a dropoff?

Re: So you don't think replacing Kirby and Pruit with a 1st time

Jan 12, 2019, 8:32 AM

For me, the answer is no. The defense is run by Saban no matter who has the DC title.

I agree @tiger_swimmer

Jan 11, 2019, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know if it's the number one reason, but the turnover ]

tiger_swimmer® They have had coaching turnover during the years they won it as well! They were "murdering opponents" with the patched up coaching staff! So to me; not a viable "reason"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you answer the same question I asked him? Do you

Jan 11, 2019, 6:40 PM

NOT see a dropoff from Kirby/Pruit to Tosh?

Re: Can you answer the same question I asked him? Do you

Jan 11, 2019, 10:29 PM

I'll answer that question..... Who cares. They were a 14-0 team. Drop off..... No drop off, makes no difference. You don't get to go back and decide they were a troubled 14-0 team just because they got ut waxed.

I'm not, I simply made an observation that many of you just

Jan 11, 2019, 10:34 PM

can't except

Re: I'm not, I simply made an observation that many of you just

Jan 11, 2019, 11:11 PM

So if they had Kirby and Pruitt, you predict they would do better? By how much?

Better yet, what was your score prediction.... Did u take into account their coaching sad story and predicted a blowout?

I don't think it's rocket science to "make an observation" that you are making...its just an excuse.

Jan 11, 2019, 11:44 PM

Admitting that Bama's defense this year wasn't as good as year's past under Kirby Smart and Jeremy Pruitt doesn't meant that anyone is discounting Clemson's dominating win.

It's undeniable that this year's Bama team was much better on offense than any other year and that this was Saban's worst defense since 2007. That doesn't take away from the fact that overall this team was at least on the same level as the other Bama teams of the past and probably better IMO. That just means that the 2018 Tigers are even better than the 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015 and 2017 Bama teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 4:07 AM

I'm OK with everyone admitting Bama D is not as good..... But admit it before the game, not after and then pretend the 14-0 team had Coaching issues while looking for reasons to explain the but whip.

I'm not looking for reasons, I know why we won, I can't

Jan 12, 2019, 11:30 AM

fathom why you think coaching didn't come into play, but it's staring to make sense now

I didn't think we would win in a blowout, but I did predict

Jan 12, 2019, 2:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm not, I simply made an observation that many of you just ]

we would score 45 points and I have no idea why you think I'm trying to excuse anything nor did I say it was rocket science...But if it is such a no-brainer, why are you still trying to argue that it didn't factor in?

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/45-41-Good-Guys***-24828691#24828691

Re: I didn't think we would win in a blowout, but I did predict

Jan 12, 2019, 3:45 AM

There are reasons things happen, but they become excuses when you try to downplay your loss with them. When a culture of a program produces certain results, you don't get to cherry pick between the good and the bad. That would be like Duke basketball saying that they lost because of lack of experience. Several of the "reasons" have some legitimacy to them, but some of those are self inflicted and several more ignore that the team that kicked their butt had issues to overcome as well.

Exactly, the thing is I'M NOT TRYING TO DOWNPLAY A LOSS,

Jan 12, 2019, 11:36 AM

that's the point the rocket surgeon seems to be missing...I'm not trying to take anything away from what we accomplished, I'm not trying to say it wasn't self inflicted, I'm just saying you're retarded if you don't think it was a factor in the blowout....simple as that

Re: Exactly, the thing is I'M NOT TRYING TO DOWNPLAY A LOSS,

Jan 12, 2019, 12:48 PM

It's like talking to a bag of rocks...look, you have no way of knowing how the other Bama coaches would have done against this Clemson team.

And my rocket science comment is refering to 'coaching matters'.... Duh, of course it does, that's not going out on a limb....what you are trying to say is that Bama has a drop off in coaching, therefore, Bama lost because of it. I don't accept that....players are even different. You don't know if we would have been even more dominant....

OK genius?

Where's your prediction Einstein? If you can't prove you

Jan 12, 2019, 1:45 PM

predicted a blowout, I don't want to hear anything else from you....Not after the fact Hoss

Re: Where's your prediction Einstein? If you can't prove you

Jan 12, 2019, 2:58 PM

I didn't predict the score, but I'm not here giving excuses as to why it was a blowout. Your contention is this..... Coaching turnover = blowout loss to Clemson

Unless you predicted that before the game your 20/20 hindsight predictions are not that impressive...geeze, a box if rocks is actually smarter than this

Where was I giving excuses? Where exactly did I say

Jan 13, 2019, 12:55 AM

coaching turnover=blowout loss? That's just you projecting what you want to read into, and nothing more

Re: I didn't think we would win in a blowout, but I did predict

Jan 12, 2019, 4:02 AM [ in reply to I didn't think we would win in a blowout, but I did predict ]

Now even your score prediction shows that you see no drop off in their coaching. So you don't get to go back and make that the reason for the but whipping after the fact.

Plus, I'm saying they are excuses...because that Clemson team would have beat Pruitt and Kirby that night as well.

I predicted we would score 45 points, I was right about

Jan 12, 2019, 11:28 AM

their Defense, it was our defense that I was wrong about Einstein

Jan 12, 2019, 7:32 AM [ in reply to I'm not, I simply made an observation that many of you just ]

You’re apology that you were pointing out a fact is excepted; however, you’re attempt to validate that a knew DC is not as good as the previous DCs as a reason bama lost to us is not.

He was the same DC that was their while bama marched threw the mitey sec (and seccg and cfp semi) and complied a 14-0 record.

Thusly, that accuse is not axceptable.

hth?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

It's not an excuse though***

Jan 12, 2019, 11:37 AM

Jan 12, 2019, 7:47 AM [ in reply to I'm not, I simply made an observation that many of you just ]

They didn’t seem to have any problems running through that vaunted SEC gauntlet on either side of the ball. Like it or not, they played the best team in the country on 1/7 and coaching was only one part of the equation. Alabama’s secondary has been suspect all year, they just never played a team competent enough to capitalize. They had no pass rush & couldn’t pressure the best QB in the country. Neither of these factors had anything to do with coaching turnover. I’m curious as to how you would’ve schemed against the Clemson offense had you been game planning... I’ll wait. Oh & btw...Saban is the actual DC at Alabama, and he’s been there since 2008.

Why must you INSIST on being right?

Jan 12, 2019, 8:02 AM [ in reply to I'm not, I simply made an observation that many of you just ]

Yes, there's a drop-off.

Excepting last year, perhaps, Bama's D has not been the reason why Clemson lost to Bama. And frankly, we all know it probably wasn't the reason last year, either.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same reason some people insist it made no difference at

Jan 12, 2019, 11:38 AM

all I suppose

Jan 12, 2019, 9:27 AM [ in reply to I'm not, I simply made an observation that many of you just ]

I can except it but I can’t accept it....

Re: Top Ten Reasons Bama lost to Clemson

Jan 11, 2019, 6:30 PM

Do think it was highly significant that Bama has lost so many coaches.

At the end of the day, you have to have a tight-knit staff that is on the same page and knows their personnel and scheme inside and out. Clemson has that. Bama didn't this year. It showed, particularly when they simply couldn't adjust. I'm just not used to seeing that from Bama.

We have massive continuity here at Clemson. Why is acknowledging it a bad thing?

Apparently it IS in who you ask...Thank you for being candid

Jan 11, 2019, 6:54 PM

it doesn't take one iota away from what we accomplished to admit the truth

Jan 11, 2019, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Top Ten Reasons Bama lost to Clemson ]

It doesn't.... But it's a lame excuse. Hey we were without Dex and still destroyed them....

Jan 11, 2019, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Top Ten Reasons Bama lost to Clemson ]

It doesn't.... But it's a lame excuse. Hey we were without Dex and still destroyed them....

To me coaching was far and away the biggest difference

Jan 12, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Top Ten Reasons Bama lost to Clemson ]

in that game. It was a coaching beatdown, actually. I certainly attribute that to the continuity and buy-in of our entire staff, though I certainly expect some turnover upcoming also here - it's natural. But the coaching culture is vastly different than Alabama, and most other programs, and now that we can match them toe to toe in talent and depth (if not edge them), we have a great edge moving forward.

Go Tigers! Great to have some of the sting removed from basketball season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did get kinda tired of the frequent “Christian Miller is out” during the game...

Jan 11, 2019, 6:38 PM

With no mention of Big Dex’s absence. He’s a big missing piece, too, ya know?

I was surprised/impressed we only committed 1 PENALTY THE ENTIRE GAME.

Pretty cool!

~JKB

Re: I did get kinda tired of the frequent “Christian Miller is out” during the game...

Jan 11, 2019, 6:43 PM

Normally a stat Bamer holds!

In fact, they didn't get their 1st penalty until dang near half time on the false start I believe. The crazy thing is: "with all the TV angles on a game of that magnitude" you can't dispute those calls! They missed a couple targeting calls. And on the fake FG the bamer player actually(go watch replay) actually holds Pinckney! The refs must have decided "they were not going to decide" the game! And let it play out.

Re: I did get kinda tired of the frequent “Christian Miller is out” during the game...

Jan 11, 2019, 6:47 PM

CM Shack Bamer finished #16 and shut out their toughest SEC West opponent(LSU). I can't agree with you on that.

Unless you are suggesting the opponents they faced were the reason they were ranked so high(shaking head yep)!

So you saw no drop-off between this year's defense and the

Jan 11, 2019, 6:51 PM

last 3 Bama D's we faced? Maybe I'm just asking people incapable of seeing the difference...But I didn't see the halftime adjustments I have seen in years past

Re: So you saw no drop-off between this year's defense and the

Jan 11, 2019, 7:02 PM

Bama D was typically better in the first half against us previously so if any adjustments were being made it wasn’t by them or they weren’t the right adjustments.

Are you telling me you saw no drop-off?***

Jan 11, 2019, 7:39 PM

Re: Are you telling me you saw no drop-off?***

Jan 11, 2019, 11:53 PM

I don't know how anyone could watch Bama's team this year vs under Smart or Pruitt and not notice that they took a major step back. They are still a very good defense—just not an elite defense like in the past. They also have much less depth than in recent years.

Our offense is also the best it's ever been this year. As good as the offense was in 2016 under Deshaun, we were actually considerably better this year overall and especially once Trevor took over.

Yes, I would definitely put this offense ahead of 2016 at

Jan 12, 2019, 2:57 AM

every position but TE and if you wanted to make a case for QB I would listen out of respect for Deshaun, but I would give Trevor the nod

Re: Are you telling me you saw no drop-off?***

Jan 12, 2019, 3:52 AM [ in reply to Are you telling me you saw no drop-off?*** ]

Are you telling me that Fitzpatrick and the rest of the players they lost last year had nothing to do with it? If we take a step back on defense next year, will it be BV's fault?

Saw their 1st-team All-American safety get beat like a drum

Jan 11, 2019, 10:22 PM [ in reply to So you saw no drop-off between this year's defense and the ]

Their coaching or our better players?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you saw no drop-off between this year's defense and the

Jan 11, 2019, 10:35 PM [ in reply to So you saw no drop-off between this year's defense and the ]

Geeze.... Give it up dude.... The teams are not even 100% the same people over the last 3 years.

Where did I say they were?***

Jan 11, 2019, 10:50 PM

the biggest difference was a more balanced offense and

Jan 12, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to So you saw no drop-off between this year's defense and the ]

Superb OL play from Clemson this year imo. We whipped them plain and simple

Exacxtly...Nowhere did I say coaching dropoff is the

Jan 13, 2019, 12:57 AM

reason we won, but it's idiotic to say that the coaching carousel hasn't had a negative effect on them

11. Coot fans didn't cheer hard enough for Bama***

Jan 11, 2019, 6:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Jan 11, 2019, 6:57 PM

How ‘bout this one: on that day Clemson was the better team and they beat us badly.

It’s the only thing that really matters

Jan 11, 2019, 6:59 PM

and anything else is just a lame excuse. No one forced Bama to create a coaching culture that, for whatever reason, has coaches leaving constantly. Do what you do with other problems- fix it or live with it. Just don’t think it’s a valid excuse for losing.

Message was edited by: RickyC78

Exactly!!! You are what you reap. (listening Nicki?)***

Jan 11, 2019, 10:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 8:19 PM

1 - Clemson was the better team

2 - Clemson was the better team

3 - Clemson was the better team

4 - Clemson was the better team

5 - Clemson was the better team

6 - Clemson was the better team

7 - Clemson was the better team

8 - Clemson was the better team

9 - Clemson was the better team

10 - Clemson was the better team

I hope this clears things up for anyone still wondering.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

We were also the better coached team and that matters just

Jan 11, 2019, 10:18 PM

as much...We were the better team the first time we played them but we lost because we were out coached so there's that as well

Jan 12, 2019, 4:00 AM

Your post rings hollow to anyone who takes a nanosecond to review your twisted, trolling, malicious, cootishness over the course of your time here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 5:13 AM

It's easy with hindsight to give reasons why we beat 'Bama so convincingly, but let's be honest, before the game, nobody was predicting it.

Having looked at the season records of the two sides, both 14-0, with similar points scored and points conceded; I'd taken comfort in the results against the two shared opponents. 'Bama had done better against Texas A&M (but that was before TL became QB), but we'd had a better win against Loiusville.

Therefore, I thought we had a good chance, but that it would be close. I was quite happy with the coaching match-up, and quite content that our Offence would score points on them. My concern was that they appeared to have a never ending supply of beast-mode Running Backs, and I was worried about our Secondary.

In hindsight, I should have trusted our Defensive Line to do an excellent job of shutting down the run, and putting pressure on Tua Unpronounceable.

Overall, we won because on the night we performed better. 'Bama are still a great team, but this year we were better. Next year it might be different (it might be the same), so let's smile at all the pundits and those haters who wish to be negative, and enjoy the win.

Jan 12, 2019, 5:29 AM

1. Clemson wanted it more!

2. We had a quarterback that can pass the ball this year with some degree of accuracy anywhere on the field.

3. Senior leadership. The guys wanted a second trophy.

4. THE END!

Jan 12, 2019, 2:02 PM

Walt Kawalloped a guy saying( but-but-but, Clemson didn't deserve to be there because they didn't play anybody)... Walt countered ( they beat #3 and #1 by 8 touchdowns...what more could they do)?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic