Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman

Mar 28, 2019, 10:00 AM

The Heisman is subjective ...

Thankfully, this award is not subjective ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman

Mar 28, 2019, 10:11 AM

The biggest thing that the hurt Trevor will be not playing entire games. I will say he will be pulled and relaxing in most games half way through the 3rd quarter. The whole reason Lamar Jackson won a few years back and Kyler Murray won this year is because they played so many more snaps than everyone else. In limited snaps and over the course of an entire season both guys were outplayed. At least that’s the way I see it. The Heisman should be an award for the entire season and not the first 8 games or whenever people mail in there ballots.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 10:22 AM

Don't forget Lamar jumped over that Syracuse player. That got a lot of votes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 10:31 AM

Yeah that and lighting up the score board against the Charlotte 49ers.

Mar 28, 2019, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman ]

I believe the Heisman used to be what it claimed to be, now it is not. They should rename it “The Hype-man”.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 11:19 AM

Or the Heistman.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman ]

When wasn't it about hype? And how can it not be about hype?

I'll hang up and listen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman ]

FSU is what boosted Lamar the most. And he did play well against us and that also helped even though we beat them.

Mar 28, 2019, 11:12 AM

I went back and look at his stats from that game. They were okay but nothing special. He had 31 rushing attempts and 44 passes attempted. If you give someone that many chances they probably will get a few yards.

Well he put up 457 total yards and 3 TDs against our defense

Mar 28, 2019, 11:22 AM

in DV. He wasn't super efficient but 6.7 YPA and 5.2 YPC aren't bad.

Re: Well he put up 457 total yards and 3 TDs against our defense

Mar 28, 2019, 12:57 PM

Yea haters gonna hate. The kid was good. I wish DW would have won and believe he should have but look at Clemson without DW and look at Louisville without LJ.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:04 PM

Louisville may have lost that game - but Lamar won the Heisman that night in Death Valley.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Well he put up 457 total yards and 3 TDs against our defense ]

I’m not hating. All I’m saying is if you put any defense on the field for that many plays there will be times they get beat.

Mar 28, 2019, 4:15 PM

It takes an O doing good to run that many plays tho. LJ played dang good against us. Best performance against our D by 1 player that I have every seen imo.

Mar 28, 2019, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman ]

But, he was el stinko down the stretch.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:22 PM

My favorite moment from his heisman season was when he scored and struck the heisman pose against Kentucky and then fumbled away the game the next time he touched the ball.

Mar 28, 2019, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman ]

Agree but they had 9 wins a year with him and like 3 without him.

IMO if he gets off to a fast start and keeps it going.......

Mar 28, 2019, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman ]

throughout the season he can definitely win. What matters are his statistics, not how many snaps he takes. If he has outstanding statistics through 3 quarters, it shouldn't matter if he gets pulled to rest up

Re: IMO if he gets off to a fast start and keeps it going.......

Mar 28, 2019, 11:22 AM

TLaw is definitely one of the leading candidates. If he piles up numbers AND wins, he probably has the best shot of anyone in Clemson history. Don't forget, a national title the year before is a boost.

Playing only part of games would only hurt him if he were

Mar 28, 2019, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman ]

trying to get exposure to generate some Heisman buzz. He already has that exposure, and will start the season as one of the favorites. IMO, it is between him and Tua, their trophy to lose by their play on the field in the regular season. I wish they would force the voters to wait until the season is over to vote, and award it well after the National Championship game, so that ALL performances count. And yes, that would give the best players on the best teams an advantage, which in reality they have always had anyway. That is why you have to give ole coke nose from USuck a little credit, he is one of the few to ever win it while being supported by only a mediocre team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tua very nearly won last year while only attempting

Mar 28, 2019, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman ]

a handful of 4th quarter passes the entire regular season. He was done somewhere in the 3rd quarter in most games.

It will go to Tua or Trevor

Mar 28, 2019, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman ]

If Trevor stays healthy, his efficiency ratings are crazy good, and we win out - then he is right up there with Tua. But yeah - Tua will probably win it.

I actually disagree.

Mar 28, 2019, 10:29 AM

I think the college football media have recognized his extraordinary talent and, for once, are going to reward the best player in college football. Just look at the dozens of videos the day after the championship game where media members GUSHED over the remarkable talent that he is. It was consistent across the board. People saying things like, "he could sit out the next two years and still be the #1 pick in the draft."

Mark it. He will win the Heisman Trophy this year.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can't be sure either way....

Mar 28, 2019, 10:57 AM

... I think we all on here hope he wins it and thinks he should. But as member of the media, (without a Heisman vote) I can tell you that most people who vote for the trophy care more about the hype machine, not the numbers. They are constantly looking at the hype machine to sway their vote. If Trevor is resting by the 3rd Qtr, we better hope no one else is even CLOSE to generating the type of hype TL should have this year. If someone emerges on the hype meter, Trevor will have to put up better numbers with less playing time. Unfortunately, that's just how it works.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Its gonna be a Tua / Trevor Trophy if we're going for hype

Mar 28, 2019, 11:35 AM

They're already hyping Trevor like they were hyping Tua. The writers and players that vote don't want to have another Peyton Manning type miss slip through their fingers.

But at the end i think it goes to Tua. He'll put up better numbers b/c he tends to go down field more and they'll obviously win all their games b/c there's only one team in the country that can beat them. They'll be hyped again at the end as unbeatable/greatest college team ever..just like they always are and hopefull we will be there again to slap em back to reality.

Mar 28, 2019, 11:07 AM

;)

Oc, can you elaborate?

Mar 28, 2019, 1:10 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL..................***

Mar 28, 2019, 2:20 PM

That isn't 100% true

Mar 28, 2019, 11:33 AM

All georgia and Ohio st.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 28, 2019, 12:52 PM

That committee should be eliminated and start all over with a better plan to allow them to understand who really deserves the trophy. I have lost ALL RESPECT for that trophy. The way CLEMSON plays so many players makes it virtually impossible for any of our players to win it. It is an apples-to-oranges comparison IMO.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:09 PM

I'd like TL to win the Heisman* , but I'd much rather we repeat as National Champions, and I suspect TL thinks the same.
Individual awards are nice, but it's a team game, and Championships are what it's really all about.

* Obviously I'd be equally happy if another Tiger won it.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman ]

I'll take those three (3) Natty trophys and all of the ACC championship trophies in lieu of a meaningless Heisman trophy any day. A fourth Natty will look great. Even Usuc has one Hype trophy to go with their case full of Conference Championship trophy.

Which case you think looks best?

Message was edited by: goose73®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who cares about the Heisman when you have 3 nattys.***

Mar 28, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll go out on a limb and say TLaw won't win the Heisman ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

The only thing that would keep him from it if he plays...

Mar 28, 2019, 1:55 PM

...to his potential (IMO) is this: Ross or Etienne playing to their potential taking away too many votes which would, otherwise, go to Trevor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 8:49 AM

Everyone knows that you have to hurdle another player to win the hesiman.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic