Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson forward suffers torn ACL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson forward suffers torn ACL

May 21, 2019, 6:57 PM

Clemson forward suffers torn ACL

Clemson junior forward Jonathan Baehre suffered a torn ACL in a Monday workout, Clemson announced in a news release. “This is an unfortunate injury for our team Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we weren't targeting a grad transfer big

May 21, 2019, 7:11 PM

We'd better be now. That leaves Jemison as the only guy over 6'9, and only two guys 6'8, and they're both wings

Re: If we weren't targeting a grad transfer big

May 21, 2019, 7:13 PM

Still a mystery why White left. Looks like he would have been in for big minutes

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we weren't targeting a grad transfer big

May 21, 2019, 7:40 PM

Wow I swear somebody has a voodoo doll on the basketball program. I've never seen a program experience as much bad luck in one 12 month period. It hard to ignore it

Well ...

May 21, 2019, 7:47 PM

that sucks. Some felt he had NBA potential. What a tough break for him, and for our program.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Well ...

May 21, 2019, 8:17 PM

I concur, that sux!

Well that really sucks.

May 21, 2019, 9:57 PM

Hopefully he will be back for the start of the season, or not too long after that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

That's pretty much impossible. Probably doesn't

May 21, 2019, 11:38 PM

have surgery until June. 6 months would be incredibly optimistic and that would be December-January. I didnt realize how old he is, will be turning 23. There is an outside chance he never plays a game for us and just goes to Europe after he rehabs, being he's from Germany

Re: That's pretty much impossible. Probably doesn't

May 22, 2019, 5:45 AM

6 months is not overly optimistic for a recovery from ACL surgery. Its right on middle of the road pace. I mean his ACL will be fine, but he may not be in great basketball shape yet.

To expect him back before next winter

May 22, 2019, 7:57 AM

is incredibly optimistic. To think he'd be effective is a pipe dream. DW4 was in a brace all year in 2016 and he didn't really get cleared for football activities until August, 8 months after the surgery. Basketball involves a lot more running and cutting. Won't have practiced at all.

Let's face reality, he's likely not a factor this year and there's a good chance he's not a factor at all. I think they were looking at a grad transfer big before this, now they have to have one. If the season started today Amir Simms is probably the starting Center unless Jemison takes huge steps forward, and he's definitely the back up. We have no one else

Re: To expect him back before next winter

May 22, 2019, 8:16 AM

You couldnt be more wrong. I dont think you know anything about that surgery in 2019. As some who has had it, I can tell you have no idea. Adrian Peterson said he was 100% in 4 months. Taking 6 to 7 months is extremely average. Sure there are some people thatntake 9 months but that is extreme. Thats nothing special. He will be playing in 6 months to 7 momths very more than likely. It comes down to his rehab. After 6 months I couldnt even tell I had ever torn my ACL. I was 100%, playing basketball, surfing, running, hiking, etc. Deshaun said he was 100% after 4 months by the way. It depends on the person, but 6 months is normal now and nothing special.

If 6-7 months is average

May 22, 2019, 12:40 PM

that's January 2020. He'll not have practiced at all. To think he's going to be much of a factor is a dream. Hey, I hope he is Adrian Peterson, but let's not use some crazy outlier as a norm. And Peterson didnt have to play games until well after 9 months after his surgery

Re: If 6-7 months is average

May 23, 2019, 9:05 AM

Not to turn this into a semantics issue, but 6 months from surgery is mid-to-late November. Not January.

He hasnt had surgery yet

May 23, 2019, 10:40 PM

probably won't until June as they normally wait for the swelling to subside. 6 months from June is December, 7 is January.

And I'm relatively sure you werent

May 22, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: To expect him back before next winter ]

Trying to guard ACC players, so your recovery is meaningless

AD is the exception to the rule, he is a freak***

May 22, 2019, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: To expect him back before next winter ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These days, 6-9 months is a reasonable time frame

May 22, 2019, 11:35 AM [ in reply to That's pretty much impossible. Probably doesn't ]

for ACL surgery recovery. I'm optimistic he can be back on the earlier end of that range, given his youth and access to top notch rehab/sports medicine.

It's a bit drastic to say that he might not ever play a game for us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

6-9 months puts it in to next year pretty much

May 22, 2019, 12:46 PM

so at age 23, you dont see the possibility of him just rehabbing and going home to Europe to play for money?

I wouldn't blame him. The chances of him increasing his stock after not suiting up probably until January and then with a lot of rust aren't good.

This is a huge blow, and it's really late in the process to address it unfortunately. I never saw him as some stud some here did, but he was to be an important cog this year

Re: TNET: Clemson forward suffers torn ACL

May 22, 2019, 5:38 AM

He will be back for the season luckily.

Re: TNET: Clemson forward suffers torn ACL

May 22, 2019, 10:30 AM

Sure hope you are right, we sure need him to play. If he can be back in January would be great.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He still wouldn't have played in a game

May 22, 2019, 2:17 PM

in nearly 2 years, and not practiced for at least 6 months. I hope he heals extremely quickly, but that's a lot of rust to knock off

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic