Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence: "The sky is the limit" for the offense in 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence: "The sky is the limit" for the offense in 2019

Aug 5, 2019, 7:01 AM

Trevor Lawrence: "The sky is the limit" for the offense in 2019

The sky is the limit for the Trevor Lawrence and the Clemson offense heading into 2019. With a veteran offensive line, one of the nation's best running backs and a talented group of playmakers, the offense should be one of the nation's best. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we can find a viable threat at TE

Aug 5, 2019, 8:01 AM

With a receiving threat at TE, this offense could and would hang a 50 pt average. Its not out of the realm of possibility to have that anyway and we have the ability already to score 40+ on any defense in the country.

With good play calling, (which is not a problem) a receiving threat at TE and out of the backfield our punter would bring a pillow and blanket to every game. In the present state we already have the best combination of WR, QB, RB and OL in the country. I just cannot see any way whatsoever of anyone stopping it. Truly, the only thing that can stop this offense is THIS offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This Team Could Avg. 70+ Per Game if 1st String Left In

Aug 5, 2019, 9:50 AM

TE or No TE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any chance that

Aug 5, 2019, 12:08 PM

Young Mr Swinney becomes the next Renfrow? I wouldn’t count that completely out of reason right now!
He obviously has a big heart as did Hunter . I’m sure he will work as hard as any receiver to get better.

Which one?...***

Aug 5, 2019, 3:20 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we can find a viable threat at TE

Aug 5, 2019, 11:11 AM [ in reply to If we can find a viable threat at TE ]

If you can look reality in the face and admit to what you're seeing and feeling, then you have to accept that the biggest threat to our offense would be design running plays for our QB that is as accurate of a passing QB as we could have in Trevor Lawrence. If we want to run a QB, put Chase Brice in the game, or line our RB's up in the pistol formation and run them from behind center. IMO, there should never be a designed running play for Trevor bc he is a pure accurate passing QB, and throwing the FB to our elite receivers is his #1 talent, it sure as h&11 ain't running at 6'6" 220 pounds!!! He looks like a Bicycle rolling down the field with two bent rims!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 11:24 AM

I think you are VASTLY underestimating his athleticism and running ability. NO he is not a "running" QB, nor would I want another one of those. But if you dk how athletic he is by now, you REALLY need to go back and watch some of his high school games.
The worst thing a coach can do is put in a new QB just for a bleeping running play! The D knows what to expect before the QB is even under center.

Aug 5, 2019, 11:27 AM

I will add that he should NOT have a ton of running plays, but enough to keep the defense honest.
Coach Swinny has already said he wants him to use running opportunities. So he, at least, has confidence in TL's running ability. And he should know. Don't worry though, Coach knows how to use TL.

Aug 5, 2019, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: If we can find a viable threat at TE ]

TL is blazing fast too.

Uhhhhh...have you actually watched TL play?

Aug 5, 2019, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: If we can find a viable threat at TE ]

He is far from what you describe. The kid is a legit 4.6/40. Did you not see him running with our recievers last year to block downfield. If im not mistaken he was nearly step for step with tee higgins.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: If we can find a viable threat at TE ]

Where did you get the notion that our coaches want TL to do a lot of designed runs? I think he'll run only if no one is open, which should happen about once every three weeks.

Aug 5, 2019, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: If we can find a viable threat at TE ]

He looked pretty good running with ETN on the first play against Pitt. Was prepared to make a block but wisely held off. But he was in stride with ETN.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 12:09 PM [ in reply to If we can find a viable threat at TE ]

It will be fun to see this offense with Galloway the following season.

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence: "The sky is the limit" for the offense in 2019

Aug 5, 2019, 12:27 PM

Trust the system. Trust him to get the yards they give him and limit the pops at the end. He's a good decision maker and a deceptively good runner. Use it some so it's fresh and he's confident when it's fourth down and the season on the line.

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence: "The sky is the limit" for the offense in 2019

Aug 6, 2019, 7:35 AM

I expect this offense to be Clemson's best ever. It should be a highlight reel show every week if the key players stay healthy.

And if the defense takes a step back as expected and the coaches keep their foot on the gas longer to pick up the slack, this might be one of the all time great cfb offenses statistically.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic