Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the SEC is so tough, why don’t those teams leave such an oppressive conference?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,465

If the SEC is so tough, why don’t those teams leave such an oppressive conference?

Aug 6, 2019, 9:29 PM

If the conference abuses and beats you up so much where you are disadvantaged, then why don’t you leave for greener pastures? Why put yourself in such a hostile, no-win situation?

Or are their teams just beat up when they lose to out-of-conference opponents but healthy as h€ll when they win those games?

Sound like a bunch of school girls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the SEC is so tough, why don’t those teams leave such an oppressive conference?

Aug 6, 2019, 9:34 PM

With the million all of them are making, I'm sure they'll all muddle through it somehow.

Re: If the SEC is so tough, why don’t those teams leave such an oppressive conference?

Aug 6, 2019, 9:41 PM

ddclemson said:

With the million all of them are making, I'm sure they'll all muddle through it somehow.

Aug 6, 2019, 9:42 PM

millions

Bingo!! They are all whoring themselves and happy to do so until they are exposed.***

Aug 6, 2019, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: If the SEC is so tough, why don’t those teams leave such an oppressive conference? ]

Good Question!

Aug 6, 2019, 9:57 PM

I have often wondered the same thing. Of course, the answer is follow the trail of the money!

However, my suspicion is, much like Nebraska going to the Big 10 and being relegated to just another team. Miami coming to the ACC and being relegated to just another team. TCU joined the Big 12 and have made a little noise; but they were the big fish in the mountain west or whatever conference they came from before.
I don't think that would happen to the top tier of the SEC-ond. But, Tennessee or Kentucky in most years - it would hurt their recruiting probably. TN might still be good b/c they have that huge stadium a recruit would dream of playing in.
It's all just a lie. I would call the Big 10 pound for pound more physical than the SEC. Simply b/c of the number of teams that want to just "pound the rock down your throat" and play two TE sets. Look at how many OL that conference produces. Wisconsin and Iowa seem to always have NFL caliber OL. And, I am not a Big 10 fan.
The more the subject comes up the clearer it becomes to me - some people just can't see past the propaganda - "it's all about the $ SEC fans are willing to spend to support their teams"! You have to give them credit for that at least.
CBS.Espn. and any other advertisers have built this storyline that "THE CONFERENCE" is good. When the narrative should be: "there are some strong teams in the conference"! Because, what does Georgia's success have to do with 4 win Ole Miss? Nothing. So on and on. U of Sux just being awful can't be explained away b/c they are in the SEC.
So - why wouldn't they leave to your point. Ever see U of Sux record when it was in the ACC? They have a losing record to most teams in the ACC if I am not mistaken.

Why not if you are Tennessee? LSU? ARkansas? Florida? ETC. why not seek to leave the SEC and join the ole weak ACC?(sarcasm). If it's so easy, why don't everybody follow the formula? If coming to the ACC or Big 10 would turn Vandy or Kentucky to a powerhouse - those boosters would do it in a heart beat. But, the people who would have to make the decision are smarter than the silly one's making all the excuses! They know there are no guarantees! And, if it's not Georgia or Bama beating them up; it will be somebody else. So better to not have to pay the exit fee and just try and deal with it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Question!

Aug 6, 2019, 10:23 PM

Arkansas used to be really good in the old Southwest Conference. Now? They flat out stink. Nebraska was great with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, etc. Now? They stink. Maryland was an ACC charter member. They also stink. (Seems to be a trend here) Miami? Give you one guess. Just follow the money honey.

Aug 6, 2019, 11:17 PM

No, they join the sec to get some easy wins. LOL

Just ask texas a&m.

;)

The SEC is the most overrated conference 10 yrs and running

Aug 7, 2019, 6:52 AM

Until 2 years ago it was literally Alabama and everybody else.

Now it's Alabama, then UGA....and everybody else. We'll see how "everybody else" does this season, but it's been a one or two team top-heavy conference recently.

The SEC simply isn't as tough as "SEC fan" and "SEC journalist" would have us believe.

If it was, Clemson ND wouldn't have given Clemson a better football game than 'Bama did.

44-16...that's your SEC right there.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,465
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic