Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Tenn can win at Basketball we can to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

If Tenn can win at Basketball we can to

Jan 19, 2019, 7:49 PM

As a matter of fact Barnes was turning the Tiger program around . I know the ACC is tougher than the SEC but it’s about Coaching. This next 4-5 games which are all winnable will decide this season’s fate. I believe CBB is a decent Xs and Os Coach but game day he is not so good . We were preseason ranked for a reason and this team is not living up to the expectations.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Branes left because he felt he could not get past Duke & NC

Jan 19, 2019, 7:59 PM

at Clemson. He had done all he could do

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but have shown more invested in hoops now

Jan 19, 2019, 8:05 PM

With all the money spent on facilities. Also it’s a very uneven ACC now. You don’t play Duke and UNC twice every year. We can attract a coach on the par with Rick Barnes now.

A coach with 23 NCAA Tournament appearances

Jan 20, 2019, 1:58 PM

including multiple Elite 8 appearances as well as a Final Four appearance, plus multiple major conference championships, is unlikely to end up at Clemson. Based on our basketball history, Clemson is unlikely to ever interview or offer a coach of that caliber. You see, the problem is that Clemson either doesn't think it deserves to have high standards for basketball, or doesn't care to. Either way, it's a loser mentality that trickles down to the players as well as the fans.

Whenever we find ourselves looking for our next coach, whether it is in the near term or many years down the road, it will be interesting to see who we go after. The typical Clemson route is to go for a mid-major coach, or an assistant from a bigger program, with the hope that he will have some success at Clemson. Our M.O. is to support him and the program somewhat, but not consistently, and certainly not significantly. Reading some of the comments in this thread even, it's funny to read about "all of the money" we spent on basketball facilities. We didn't really spend that much, especially when you consider the sizable amount of that money which was raised from donors (largely due to the efforts of Brownell). Plus, the upgrades still don't make up for many years (decades?) of deferred maintenance for our basketball facilities. Our facilities are certainly new and nice, but it's not like we built top of the line facilities like we did for the football program. The new facilities aren't even among the top in the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Branes left because he felt he could not get past Duke & NC

Jan 19, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Branes left because he felt he could not get past Duke & NC ]

I believe he got Clemson basketball to the #1 ranking in season. Lost in the Sweet 16 in double OT making the tournament 3 years in a row. He had some negative comments about the state education system. Shame - he could have done with hoops what Dabo has done with football.

Re: If Tenn can win at Basketball we can to

Jan 19, 2019, 8:06 PM

We are all disappointed with the season thus far but none of us are totally aware of what is going on within the team.

I’m suspect that we have had some injuries that have kept us from being 100%. I’m sure Mitchell has been playing with some kind of handicap that has affected his play. Reed certainly played with a serious leg injury and Thomas was slowed early in the year. A few of the young guys were held out early too. Coach B is not going to make excuses regardless because he expects someone to step up. Just as Dabo does but he has a LOT more to work with. This team can still be a tournament team but good things have to happen!

The early season league schedule has been murderous and it doesn’t get easier with the Noles coming up.
It would be great to see the kids at school really get behind this team and make Ljohn a tough place to visit.

Meanwhile, they forgot how to win in FOOTBALL ...***

Jan 19, 2019, 9:23 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2019, 9:52 PM

Well when Phil Fulmer is your AD you tend to get dirty. You think Phil Fulmer is going to go down without a fight, heck no. Fulmer one of the most dirty guys in college athletics, EVER.

Jan 19, 2019, 10:03 PM

We have brad brownell ! Never will be but mediocre and now dumb d rad gave him big buy out! Stupid I m o

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So last year's Sweet 16 team was mediocre?

Jan 20, 2019, 1:50 PM

Do you even know what mediocre means?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yes young Brad...

Jan 20, 2019, 2:03 PM

Average at most, and once in awhile maybe one really good year.

Statistically speaking, average is .500.

Jan 20, 2019, 2:53 PM

Coming into this season, our overall record throughout our basketball history at Clemson was 1309-1293-1 (.503). Historically, we are just about as average as you can get.

Under Brownell, our record going into this season was 160-119 (.573). This is certainly above average, and thus above our historical norm.

Re: If Tenn can win at Basketball we can to***

Jan 19, 2019, 10:06 PM

“I believe CBB is a decent x’s and o’s coach”

So what? Every coach on the the college level is.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic