Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dude on ESPN just said Clemson survives Boston College. Wtheck?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Dude on ESPN just said Clemson survives Boston College. Wtheck?

Nov 10, 2018, 11:58 PM

Dominated that team. That's just proving ESPN's SEC love affair narrative. That's lazy and biased reporting we won by 20 for crying out loud!

Message was edited by: insanetigerfan08

Message was edited by: insanetigerfan08

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Idiot on ESPN just said Clemson survives Boston College. Wthheck?

Nov 11, 2018, 12:00 AM

Or it just shows that some of you will harp on every little word in a desperate attempt to feel disrespected.

Dude get your head out of the sand.

Nov 11, 2018, 12:02 AM

That clearly was not the right verbage for that game brake update on that game. There wasn't any surviving going on. That's something you say when you have a team barely scrape by and win with a big fourth quarter stop or something of that nature.

You misspelled "a$$".***

Nov 11, 2018, 12:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Dude get your head out of the sand.

Nov 11, 2018, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Dude get your head out of the sand. ]

It’s not like he said the game was a nail biter or close in any type of way. ESPN’s promos for the Playoff even says “survive and advance.” We did survive tonight. Saying survive doesn’t automatically imply that a game was close. Had they said “Clemson hangs on and survives” then I’d see your point.

Nov 11, 2018, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Idiot on ESPN just said Clemson survives Boston College. Wthheck? ]

I think you need to put it into context. I think everyone concluded that this was the stiffest test left for Clemson and if they can survive the trip to Chestnut Ridge then it assures Clemson's place in the ACC Champ game and probably the Playoff. So I think in that context there is nothing wrong with saying Clemson survives. I doubt anyone is trying to say Clemson eked out a win.

Maybe just going for the disrespect angle Bama used in CFP

Nov 11, 2018, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Idiot on ESPN just said Clemson survives Boston College. Wthheck? ]

Last year. Clemson fans defend Clemson. Sorry if it bugs people.

It was typical ESPN BS. Clemson survives #17 BC on the road 27-7. ESPN: “All Bama all the time” at home in 24-0 win vs #16 MSU.

Re: Maybe just going for the disrespect angle Bama used in CFP

Nov 11, 2018, 12:22 AM

Well the 3 ESPN guys at the half of this game mentioned how Clemson dominated tonight, but I guess because one guy at ESPN says Clemson survives and that equals the entire ESPN company trying to disrespect us to some of you...

Yes. It is. Disrespect.***

Nov 11, 2018, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Maybe just going for the disrespect angle Bama used in CFP ]

Re: Idiot on ESPN just said Clemson survives Boston College. Wthheck?***

Nov 11, 2018, 12:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 12:03 AM

Did they mention how COLD it was?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude on ESPN just said Clemson survives Boston College. Wtheck?

Nov 11, 2018, 12:14 AM

One ESPN idiot said the reason there were so many 2 and 3 loss teams in the sec is because of the dominance across the league. Gee maybe most of the sec just sucks!

Espn does have a sec love relationship plus they are so biased. ESPN has lost most of their credibility!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 12:18 AM

Well the SEC won’t have a team like Pitt that went 1-3 OOC or a team like NorthWestern that went 0-4 OOC playing for their conference championship like the ACC and Big 10 will. It’s only biased to you because you don’t like it.

And, we have feathers!***

Nov 11, 2018, 12:24 AM

Re: And, we have feathers!***

Nov 11, 2018, 12:36 AM

Oh yes...the only way I could possibly not think ESPN is out to get is it that maybe the SEC is actually overall the best conference this year would be because I’m a South Carolina fan...yep you got me.

I don’t give a crap about the ACC or any conference because my team is currently one of the most dominant programs in the country. However, I’m not going to be an idiot and get butt hurt because some dude on ESPN says that Clemson survived their test against BC, and I’m not going to try and act like the ACC compares to the SEC this year when a Pitt team that lost 51-6 to Penn State and by 40 points to UCF will be playing for the ACC title.

None of that makes Clemson any less great which is why I’m not so sensitive like so many of you when anyone in the media points out that the SEC is the deepest conference this year. Seriously, stop being so sensitive. Clemson is freakin great, and yet some of you act like some 5 star recruit will be watching ESPN and hear the word “survive” and decide Clemson most not be any good. Our days of having to worry about such things are long over. The results speak for themselves. Pleas stop being so sensitive.

TL/DR***

Nov 11, 2018, 12:40 AM

Re: TL/DR***

Nov 11, 2018, 12:46 AM

I’d expect no less out of the child who gets so easily butt hurt over what people on television say.

You’ll be ok

Nov 11, 2018, 12:51 AM

SECSECSEC might even get two teams in. After all, unlike ACC, they have TWO good teams! Did you happen to catch that UT/UK game? Awesome football! And the LSU/Arky game? Wow! Let’s not forget Vandy!

Okay, I'll bite

Nov 11, 2018, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: And, we have feathers!*** ]

I'm not denying that you're a Tiger fan, but why do you think the SEC is actually the best conference?

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Okay, I'll bite

Nov 11, 2018, 4:55 PM

They're just deeper this year IMO. That's not to say they have a bunch of unbeatable teams or anything, but they have several legit top 25 teams IMO. If you were to rank the top 4-5 teams in each conference then the SEC has Bama, Georgia, LSU, and after that there is a drop off, but A&M, Florida, Kentucky, and Auburn are all at least in the conversation of being top 25 teams.

The ACC has Clemson who is as good as any team in the country, but who is the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th best ACC teams? Syracuse, NC State, BC, and then who? Pitt? Pitt is most likely going to play for the ACC Championship, and they went 1-3 OOC including a 51-6 loss to Penn State, and a 45-14 loss to UCF.

I'm sure many here will play naive, and pretend the ACC teams would have a chance, but who can seriously say they'd pick Syracuse, NC State, BC, or Pitt to beat Georgia or LSU. I'd honestly give Syracuse a chance against the other SEC teams I named, but I can't say the same for the other ACC teams.

I don't think we played our best game against A&M, but the results show that we got out of there with a 2 point win, and they are just 4-3 in the SEC. Can any of us honestly think any ACC team not named Clemson would give Bama that sort of competitive game?

The other conferences are pretty much similar to the ACC IMO.

Re: Okay, I'll bite

Nov 11, 2018, 5:03 PM

Now as I said above in my other long post. I really don't give a crap about conference strength, and don't care how the rest of the ACC does as long as Clemson is winning games. I'm just not going to sit here and try and talk up the strength of the ACC this season when it's this down. I think the ACC was just as good as the SEC the past few years before this one, but with Louisville possibly being the worst team in P5 this year, FSU not being much better than Louisville, and Miami being 5-5 it's hard to argue otherwise.

I'll be honest though as I was saying above, I don't think the SEC talk is nearly as bad as many on here make it out to be. I just think some people are way too sensitive to any talk about Clemson that isn't 100% kissing our a$$ and any positive talk about any team not named Clemson.

It's much like the original post in this topic. Someone says that Clemson survived their road test against BC, and people become outraged as if that's disrespect by ESPN, and not simply that it was a statement that we went on the road against a ranked team, and came away with a win. Nobody said we barely won, and nobody said we didn't play well, but some people on here constantly watch ESPN just praying they say anything that they can run on here and post about being disrespectful.

I know Clemson is at worst 1 of the top 2 programs in the country right now. We'll either win the NC or we won't regardless of what anyone on ESPN says. I don't get the butt hurt every time someone picks us to lose a game, or anytime someone says anything at all.

Re: And, we have feathers!***

Nov 11, 2018, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: And, we have feathers!*** ]

One of the greatest posts in tnet history. The sensitivity of the people on this forum is out of control. Well said sir, well said.

ESPN: All Bama all the time

Nov 11, 2018, 12:21 AM

In 24-0 win at home vs #16 MSU.
Yet Clemson “survives” 27-7 on the road vs #17 BC.

heard that, too. he dumb and up ‘bama’s bum.***

Nov 11, 2018, 12:26 AM

Simple Business Decision

Nov 11, 2018, 7:02 PM

When you are a business and spend the largest amount of money producing a product (THE SEC), and you have a contract to spend that amount of money for decades - YOU PROMOTE IT MORE THAN EVERYTHING ELSE - until the contract runs out or you start spending more money on another product.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 11, 2018, 8:12 PM

Really don't care what ESPN says or its announcers who (for the most part) are awful.

All I care about is #ALLIN Clemson Tigers, Dabo, and how our boys play! We know what we got.

We too Deep!

#RTTB

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic