Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IPTAY away football tickets question.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

IPTAY away football tickets question.

Jun 4, 2019, 10:09 PM

I threw my name in the IPTAY hat for 2019 away football tickets for the UNC game and the USuC game. I joined IPTAY in 2016 right after retiring. In 2017, I got away tickets for the VT game and the USuC game. For both games, I was not sitting in the "main" IPTAY section. For the VT game, the "main" IPTAY section was in the upper right corner of the visitor's upper deck. My seats were in the upper left corner of the upper deck of the adjacent end zone. I had an obnoxious 250lb. red neck VT fan sitting right in front of me shaking his keys as high as he could hold them right in front of my face. For the USuC game, my tickets were in the upper left corner of the visitors upper deck. I couldn't even see the "main" IPTAY section...but I did get a great view of the creatine USuC students throwing water bottles etc. from the end zone seats. :)

I now have about 65 IPTAY priority points. My question is, about how many IPTAY priority points would it take for me to sit in "main" IPTAY section? Last year, I did not go to any away games for fear of being exiled again. :) If I get exiled again this year, StubHub may be a better option in 2020.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Re: IPTAY away football tickets question.

Jun 4, 2019, 10:41 PM

Great question... it is funny you ask, because we are at about 350 points and I always wonder what it takes to get the "great seats". With that being said, we are always happy with the seats we have (even if in the far reaches of the visitor stadium) and the Clemson folks around us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"...and the Clemson folks around us."

Jun 4, 2019, 11:42 PM

It means a lot to me also to be surrounded by fellow Clemson fans. I really hope that I am not surrounded by USuC fans for the Clemson @ USuC game this year because they are going to be pretty irate after we beat them for a 6th time in a row. When I went to the game @ USuC 2 years ago, I realized first hand that all of the horror stories I heard from Clemson fans who went to games @ USuC were true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Re: "...and the Clemson folks around us."

Jun 5, 2019, 1:40 AM

Coots goin.. to coot so classless!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I wouldn't worry too much

Jun 5, 2019, 8:22 AM [ in reply to "...and the Clemson folks around us." ]

Most of their fans will be gone by mid-2nd quarter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have 380 points at the Heisman level

Jun 5, 2019, 5:04 AM

My seats have been in the Clemson section recently, but last year at Ga Tech I was sitting on the NEXT TO LAST ROW from the very top. I talked to IPTAY and was told the tickets are based on points. I don't know how many tickets were given to Clemson from Ga Tech, but I don't understand how I could get those seats with 380 points. Needless to say, no more away games for me -- except for the playoffs!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

Message was edited by: smitty1959®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jun 5, 2019, 9:40 AM

Really just depends on demand, and of that demand, how many people in that demand have more points than you.

So one year, if only 20 people request tickets, you could get one of the best seats available with 1 IPTAY point. The next year, 12000 people could request tickets, and you may be limited to only 2 mediocre tickets at even 350 points.

It's tough to really know until they get all the requests. In my experience, unless you have 300+ points, you might as well just go the stubhub route, unless you're price conscious.

You may spend a little more, but you can pick your seats. Sometimes you may spend a little less or the same for better seats, but with our success, most games are the opposing team's biggest games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 10:07 AM

Try getting your tickets through a long time IPTAY member if they are not going to the game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic