Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IN MEMORIUM..........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

IN MEMORIUM..........

May 2, 2019, 1:51 PM

Recently, my youngest brother posted a message, regarding a serious difficulty I was experiencing with my son.

I lost my only son, Lawrence nicknamed Tiger, to cancer two weeks ago, his death being sudden and staggering. As with most parents experiencing this type of loss, I never expected to outlive him, and, thusly, have tried to offer words of support to my grandchildren, our family and friends. Doing so, I simply related that it is not deemed for mankind to question the will of Almighty God; rather, we should be thankful for His many blessings, including the blessings of others who come into our lives and touch our hearts.

Tiger was a kind and gentle soul, who touched the hearts of numerous family and friends alike, all of whom have mourned his loss. He had many interests besides his family; however, two of the greatest were his love for Clemson and his love for our casual, open-door lifestyle along the shores of Lake Murray. I always allowed him to have his friends visit, and they enjoyed countless days boating, skiing, swimming, camping or simply enjoying meals and listening to music at one of the lake's restaurants. We spent part of each summer on the coast and at our summer home in the mountains of N.C., always accompanied with his friends. Thus, our homes were always filled with young people, a tradition that was passed on to another generation, my grandchildren.

My additional words to our family and friends were also simple: may His peace that passeth all understanding provide you with strength and comfort. I loved my son dearly and will miss him all the rest of my days. And to you, my great friends on Tigernet, allow me to express my deeply-felt appreciation for that friendship and for the words of comfort extended by many of you.

Peace.

Harry

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers up

May 2, 2019, 1:54 PM

So sorry hartins

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: IN MEMORIUM..........

May 2, 2019, 1:56 PM

My most sincere condolences on his passing and your separation even if only for a time. May the Good Lord bless you all and use your son’s life to continue to bring friends and family together in love and joy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 1:57 PM

Your words tell me of a fine young man, and father. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers lifted

May 2, 2019, 2:01 PM

Can't imagine.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

You and your family will be in my prayers***

May 2, 2019, 2:03 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 2:04 PM

I am beyond sad to hear this! My thoughts are with you and your family.

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Dear Harry, So saddened about your beloved Son TiGER!

May 2, 2019, 2:19 PM

Thanks for sharing not only your grief with us but your love for him too as a special person.

Honoring TiGER Lawrence with a crisp Clemson military salute and a “Go Tigers” in remembrance.

Sincere Condolences, Bill

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re a good man, Hartins.

May 2, 2019, 2:16 PM

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 2, 2019, 2:20 PM

Hartins -- What a wonderful expression of love and affection for your son. I've always though the loss of one of our children or grandchildren is one of the greatest losses one can bear. We realize loss of parents or, in my case, my wife, is one of the saddest things that we must bear, we gain some solitude in knowing they had a full life. Cherish the memories and know that many, like me, do not know you personally, but share your loss with true heartfelt sympathy.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 2:20 PM

Prayers of strength and healing for you and your family during this difficult time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 2:23 PM

So sorry to hear. I'm amazed at your trust in God....keep it going.

Do know, one day you will be reunited with Tiger in Heaven... and this time you be with him forever. How awesome is that to look forward to?!?! All thanks to Jesus! Prayers sent from Charleston my Tiger friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 2:25 PM

What a beautiful tribute to your son and a glorious example you are to your grands. Anyone can claim faith when things are going well, but those who claim faith in the eye of the storm glorify God in a mighty way. Prayers for you and your family!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 2:27 PM

I can't imagine your grief. Please take comfort knowing that he is now in the arms of our Lord and Savior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thoughts and prayers lifted for you and your family***

May 2, 2019, 2:28 PM

May 2, 2019, 2:32 PM

You and your family are in my prayers. Just trust in God and remember one day you'll be celebrating eternal life with him. Teach those Grandchildren how wonderful their father was and remind them that through Jesus Christ they will one day spend eternity with their father. May God Bless you and your family.

May 2, 2019, 2:45 PM

Bless you, our brother!
Waiting for the Rapture when all believers will be with Him.

May 2, 2019, 2:44 PM

God be with you and your family Hartins, you know he is!

May 2, 2019, 2:54 PM

:(

Prayers for you and your family****

May 2, 2019, 2:59 PM

Mere words do seem to ring hollow at a time like this. But,

May 2, 2019, 3:06 PM

you are right when you say that God has plans that we as humans cannot comprehend. It WILL all make sense in the hereafter. Just know, that inasmuch as such a thing is possible, our little Tigernet community will always be here for you. Me and my family are praying for you and yours now, and going forward. Jesus is always the Good Shepherd, and I have no doubt your son is in His flock right now, patiently waiting for the time when you will be joyously reunited with him.

You've got a great grasp on the words of comfort

May 2, 2019, 3:19 PM

for others Hartins, but never forget to lean and depend on the everlasting arms yourself, as you continue to be a light in the valley of the shadow death...

Shalom Aleichem, baruch Abba YHVH...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You've got a great grasp on the words of comfort

May 2, 2019, 3:24 PM

So very sorry Hartins. You just gave us a beautiful and moving eulogy in honor or your son. He is smiling down upon you at this very moment. God bless you, your family and friends.

May 2, 2019, 3:24 PM

I'm sorry that you lost your son Hartins. Prayers for you and all of your family during this difficult time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My heart aches for you, hartins.

May 2, 2019, 3:29 PM

I will be praying for you and your family during this very difficult time.

But, like you said, in Him we have peace. May you know that comfort.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Prayers for you and your family.***

May 2, 2019, 3:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Such a stirring testament to love and family

May 2, 2019, 3:34 PM

I am so sorry for your loss--may God comfort you.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 2, 2019, 3:39 PM

I can’t behind to comprehend how you feel. No parent should ever have to know how if feels to outlive a child, but God always has a plan and in the end there will be rejoicing and happiness when his plan is complete. I pray that God reaches down and comforts you and your family you all as only he can.

Prayers for the family on this

May 2, 2019, 4:12 PM

difficult journey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

May 2, 2019, 4:19 PM

May God's peace and presence comfort you in these trying days. Your faith is admirable. No way to handle a situation like this except the belief and assurance that comes from a relationship with God. May He sustain you in the days ahead.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 4:21 PM

Harry I lost my son 11 years ago and you are right. It is devastating and something you will never get past. Time does I guess ease the amount off misery on a daily basis but a parent should never outlive a child. I would not wish that on my worst enemy. Prayers go out to you and your family and hopefully someday the pain will ease some for you.

Peace Brother!

Bobby

May 2, 2019, 4:30 PM

I cannot begin to imagine the pain of losing a child, or a grandchild. God bless you and your family sir. You and your family are in my prayers.

Hartins, I can't imagine the pain you felt writing and

May 2, 2019, 4:35 PM

sharing this with us. You're a blessed man and we see it each post you share. I pray your family has comfort in the days/years ahead and cherish the memories you all shared.
Prayers!
MfO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Sorry for your Loss - God Bless***

May 2, 2019, 4:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 5:08 PM

Harry ..... your message is so well said there is not much I can add except to say that we all mourn with you. Your grandchildren will be a reflection and reminder of a wonderful son and you will be such a strong force in their lives. I pray that God's loving arms will bring comfort and understanding that our human minds do not always grasp.

I am sorry to hear that. I almost lost my son shortly after

May 2, 2019, 5:13 PM

he was born and it was a very tough time. I cannot imagine how hard it would be now that I have gotten to know his personality and have many memories to go with that. Prayers will be said for you and your family.

so sorry to hear about this hartins

May 2, 2019, 5:50 PM

not enough words on this planet to express my feelings. thinking of you and your family.

f cancer

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 2, 2019, 6:13 PM

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family Hartins. Sounds like a fine young man that was raised by a fine man. May God bless you and your family.

I simply can't imagine...

May 2, 2019, 6:16 PM

Such a loss. You have written and, no doubt, handled his loss with dignity to salve the hurt of others. May your own pain be soothed by the many memories you have of him and the joy he brought into your life. He'll await your arrival...no doubt.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 8:19 PM

prayers and condolences for all of you. your tribute was beautiful

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry to hear this Hartins

May 2, 2019, 8:59 PM

You've been a great friend to a bunch of people on
Tigernet and it is very much appreciated. We hope
and pray you find peace, love,and comfort in this
difficult situation and we'll pray for you and your
family.

May 2, 2019, 10:06 PM

So sorry to learn this. Prayers for comfort for you and your family.

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 2, 2019, 11:31 PM

So sorry for your tragic loss Hartins. Praying for strength and comfort for you and your family.

May 3, 2019, 12:23 AM

Mr. Hartins please accept my condolences for your family's tremendous loss .
You're one of the few great posters on T-Net and I look forward to seeing your posts in particular .
Again , so sorry to hear of your loss .

DB23

As the father of two boys . . .

May 3, 2019, 2:23 AM

I cannot begin to know your pain. Immense as it is, we are saddened with your loss and elated at the memories you created together.

Though we do not know one another, I trust my father or sister embraced your boy as he entered his new home. They gave the best hugs.

Re: As the father of two boys . . .

May 3, 2019, 12:21 PM

Nice post Skeeta ..... +1 for “They gave the best hugs” !! Lost my sister in 2016 - still miss her and her “best hugs” !!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I am sorry. Even beyond sorry.

May 3, 2019, 3:37 AM

I have faith and believe you will be reunited in Heaven where your love for each other will be greater than ever. Love is the victory we all share over life's disappointments. Love for Christ is the greatest of all these loves. For it is even stronger than death.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that brother

May 3, 2019, 4:05 AM

You've always struck me as a very smart/decent guy. Very sorry for your loss.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Heartfelt condolences for your loss.

May 3, 2019, 6:51 AM

I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. Prayers for strength to get through the days ahead.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

So very sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and

May 3, 2019, 6:51 AM

your entire family! I am sure you were a great father and mentor for your son Tiger and that his life will live on through you and his family. God Bless you all.

Wow hartins,

May 3, 2019, 8:45 AM

I am a little late my friend but you have my deepest sympathy in this time. I will offer up as many prayers as I can that God may try to ease your pain and help you through these trying times!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

May 3, 2019, 10:11 AM

Oh my Harry, my heart is bulging with sadness and love for you personally, and your family. The only thing I have to offer in a way of comfort, is my prayers that God will bless you with a way to go forward after the loss of one of your own. I pray that God will have mercy for you and yours from this day forward... I am so so sorry to hear of your loss, Henry :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 11:29 AM

I wish I had words. I’m so very sorry for your loss. We’ll be thinking and praying for you here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 12:39 PM

As a new father myself, I cannot imagine the pain you're going through. Thoughts and prayers for your whole family.

null

Sorry for your loss

May 3, 2019, 1:23 PM

May God grant you peace during this difficult time.

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

So Sorry Brother...

May 3, 2019, 1:35 PM

"May the Good Loprd have met him at the door in person."

May 3, 2019, 1:38 PM

My deepest sympathy for your loss, Hartins. You and your entire family are in my prayers.

May 3, 2019, 2:51 PM

there are no words,rather take comfort in knowing there are many,many prayers out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 3, 2019, 3:12 PM

I'm so sorry, Harry. Prayers up for you and your family. I cannot imagine.....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic