Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was wrong about Brad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I was wrong about Brad

Mar 26, 2018, 8:42 AM

I have been as critical as any Clemson fan about Brad, but what he did this season was nothing short of miraculous. Not only did he give us one of the top 5 season in Clemson basketball history, he did it facing adversity that I’ve never seen. Had the fan base rooting against him and lost his best player. Brad has earned my respect.

I have always been a four or five game a year fan. Made 7 this year. However, I am going all in next year and will buy season tickets. It’s time to give this man our full support and see where he can take this program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well said***

Mar 26, 2018, 8:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

will be interesting to see how ticket sales go

Mar 26, 2018, 8:51 AM

after a bit of a drop off in season ticket sales for this season... (maybe the first year in the new LJ was an aberration?)

wonder if the success this year will lead to more season ticket sales

expectations for the 18-19 season should be high... with good reason!

Re: I was wrong about Brad

Mar 26, 2018, 8:55 AM

I honestly thought he could not get it done after blowing a big lead against Oakland in the NIT. Great job this year but he better be recruiting hard for 2019-2020 because lose a ton after next year.

Mar 26, 2018, 9:37 AM

I have no doubts of his x’s and o’s abilities. He is the anti Dabo. His shortcomings, I’ve always felt , were with the recruiting and overall management of the operations. Part of me thinks he’s turning a corner on these things b/c of Dabo and the football program. I’m sure our football success along with the fact we play in the ACC is having an effect on recruiting. Combine that with his growing knowledge of program building (with either direct or indirect help from Dabo and DRad) CBB could be on the verge of something special.

Mar 26, 2018, 11:55 AM

The thing is we've never been great with recruiting, every high profile player in this state seems to go to one of the NC blue bloods.

When we've had success in the past it generally relates to having experience at the guard spot, with talent that's been developed over 2-3 years, rarely has it been with great to elite prospects in their first year.

I think with the recent football success, renovations to Littlejohn, and our own success in basketball this year he has a good chance to strike while the iron is hot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally getting the AD support for facilities and staff is the key.

Mar 26, 2018, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I was wrong about Brad ]

DRad gets it, and I think he realized a few years ago how much more he and the athletic department could be doing for Clemson basketball. Brad can only do so much, and having the money allocated for assistant coach salaries and support staff is huge. Brad got some of those added to the budget last off-season and they are already starting to pay dividends.

People will see that Brad’s recruiting “improves” tremendously when he is playing with a somewhat level playing field - just as Dabo’s did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 26, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I was wrong about Brad ]

Hearing good things about the 19’ class. Apparently we are in it for several top 100 players.

Mar 26, 2018, 11:52 AM

In it and actually having them sign with Clemson are two different things. It's difficult to compete against the money and shoe companies.

How much doesn’t it run for season tickets?

Mar 26, 2018, 12:22 PM

I was thinking about doing this next year as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much doesn’t it run for season tickets?

Mar 26, 2018, 4:25 PM

season tickets start at $325.. and then you add in the 'per seat donation' $100 and up for decent seats

of course there's always the Coliseum Club... $25k donation plus $1325 per seat

Mar 26, 2018, 4:46 PM

Miraculous? Had the fanbase rooting against him? Adversity you've never seen? Wow....

I'll give you "lost his best player" but more teams than not deal with injuries.

Mar 26, 2018, 5:53 PM

Did he not have the fan base rooting against him? How many wanted him fired last year and were irate when he was brought back?

Teams deal with injuries, but how many lose their best all around player and senior leader and go on to finish in the top 4 of one of the best conferences in the country, as well as make it to the Sweet 16?

Mar 26, 2018, 4:47 PM

Me too

Mar 26, 2018, 6:11 PM

I really think CBB has grown as a Coach, don’t think he was ready for the big time when he got here.
Just like Dabo he took his lumps and is turning into an excellent ACC type coach.
As of right now don’t think Clemson could find a better coach .
CBB just needs to maintain consistency and I believe he can build a top 25 program.

so are you basically saying:

Mar 26, 2018, 6:47 PM

you didn't know what the hades you were talking about??

and, btw, Coach Brownell DIDN'T have the "fan base" rooting against him. the only ones "rooting against" our basketball coach were a few dimwits on Tnet who obviously don't know a lot about college basketball

I love how some of you clowns think its OK to anonymously post vile, stupid crap about a Clemson coach or player on Tnet and then just waltz back on with some lame apology and assume everybody understands what a great Tiger fan you really are

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 7:11 PM

Be quick to hear, but slow to speak.

A good lesson for many.

I will say, you’re not “as critical as any Clemson fan.” That’s a very broad stroke.

Lots of people supported Brad when it wasn’t cool. But we accept your (kind of) apology.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic