Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was once one of those guys...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I was once one of those guys...

Oct 1, 2018, 5:54 PM

...that had a "yeah, but" response when I was asked "what happened to your Tigers?" after a tough Saturday. I was always quick with a "well, the losses have been by a combined total of 'blah blah' points" or "all those losses were 1-play differences" or "it's hard to compete with the big cities for top recruits" Those were nothing but miserable excuses!

Today I was asked "what happened to Clemson?"
You gotta love it when the haters ask "what happened?" - when it was a win...
These ARE the good ol' days and I'm going to cherish every second!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was once one of those guys...

Oct 1, 2018, 5:56 PM

Hear Here Heer !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 1, 2018, 6:29 PM

Agree .. I get that same crap. I love saying, 'We WON!. How bout your team?'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah , now i just say ...

Oct 1, 2018, 6:30 PM

I will tell you what happened , We Won ...lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 6:41 PM

These ARE the good ole days OHR! I will savor every moment. A win is a win, right? As I recall, ‘81 and ‘16 weren’t always pretty, but the result was the same!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny thing (to me) about '16 is that

Oct 1, 2018, 7:04 PM

the Pitt game was the only game my kids and I could make.
Leaving the game I felt a sense of calm because I could see the looks the players gave each other as they were leaving the field.
They knew they had just taken a big ol' dose of medicine and didn't like it one bit.
These coaches just continue to teach and get these guys to respond to adversity the right way.

Re: Funny thing (to me) about '16 is that

Oct 1, 2018, 7:40 PM

I couldn’t agree more. See exhibit A (this past Saturday) regarding the proper way to respond to adversity.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 6:49 PM

When it's all said (there's always a lot of that) and done the written record will show a "W" or an "L". If it is an oral record it will be a "WW" (We Won) or a "WL" (We Lost). Our current record is 5 - 0 and there is no notation that we eked by Syracuse with 41 seconds remaining in the game.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2018, 7:17 PM

The easy response is we started a true freshman, who got hurt and couldn’t return to the game, was relieved by another freshman that had never started a game in his life, so the work load then fell on the shoulders of our sophomore running back who rushed for over 200 yards. Despite all that when wrong we still won and the future is so bright you have to wear shades. Just imagine where we will be when these youngsters are fully developed. How did your team do?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soooo, how are things in Destin?***

Oct 1, 2018, 8:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Destin?

Oct 1, 2018, 8:35 PM

Maybe I has the confuse.
... or I'm rooting in on another poaster's inside Destin joke.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic