Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I want to apologize to EVERYONE and KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

I want to apologize to EVERYONE and KB

May 22, 2018, 12:08 PM

Apparently there are some folks here who have really taken this entire discussion of TL starting over KB to heart. As much as a love KB, I am one of the people who thinks TL gives us the best chance to win. And I’m sorry.

KB should start regardless of his stats. He should start because he started last year and TL and his efforts so far, should be ignored. Nevermind if we could win another national title with TL as qb since he makes us more explosive.

The coaches need to start people based on who might get their feeling hurt the most, threaten to transfer if they don’t start and any player who started earlier, should auto start. All kids who come in as all world recruits and demonstrate amazing talents and all world potential need to be sat until all feelings of veterans are considered.

If we need to lose a couple games, including a national title or playoff game to insure we coddle reasonably, I’m all in. KB should start. Period.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think TL is going to be our guy too.

May 22, 2018, 12:12 PM

I don't agree with all the descriptions of KB which portray him as inept but I think a reasonable person can point out technical issues and deficiencies without insulting a player. Imo, it's not necessary to beat on KB to suggest TL is going to be a better player. It seems obvious to me that the coaches think TL has the higher ceiling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think TL is going to be our guy too.

May 22, 2018, 12:14 PM

Post of the day.

Well said 88***

May 22, 2018, 12:20 PM [ in reply to I think TL is going to be our guy too. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think TL is going to be our guy too.

May 22, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to I think TL is going to be our guy too. ]

A lot of people are being perceived as beating up on, belittling KB. It doesn't matter how often one points out the respect and appreciation for his efforts, once his deficiencies are noted within 'OPINION', 'Nancy' jumps up and down and screams "You're being negative...nasty and mean." Unreal.

This isn't Clemson 2008, hoping to start the season with a win over Bama. This is 2018, with designs on beating a Bama, OSU, LSU, WhoSU, or whomever for a title, utilizing every aspect of the team in order to do so. On offense, the QB who can best utilize the other ten on the field is the route to go. If it proves to be KB, so be it. But to suggest it may be another QB does not stoop to the level of bashing KB...it's merely perspective based on observations.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you not read my post????

May 22, 2018, 12:24 PM

Logical solid observations are no longer allowed. This thread marks a new era of emotional correctness.

Stop making sense sir!

Tell 'em coot

May 22, 2018, 12:37 PM

Re: Did you not read my post????

May 23, 2018, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Did you not read my post???? ]

Is there a liberal thread somewhere on this topic?

There are no apologies on TNet...

May 22, 2018, 12:14 PM

signed DSP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want to apologize to EVERYONE and KB

May 22, 2018, 12:17 PM

you havent seen him play a real down yet he gives us the best chance to win. Are you Claire-voyiant?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 12:18 PM

My names not Claire and I just said KB should start.

The Spring Game...

May 22, 2018, 12:30 PM

was the tale of the tape. KB looked just like he did last year...he couldn't hit an open receiver beyond 10 yards. If you can't hit a receiver 10 plus yards or more down the field that makes the opposing Defenses more likely to use blitz packages using the safeties etc...why...no respect for the long ball.

TL will get his chance to beat out KB....that will happen on the field...not on Tnet .

Lol a glorified scrimmage with modified QB rules?

May 22, 2018, 2:45 PM

And that erases a season of tape? KB couldn't even scramble to throw, one of the strengths of his game.

You people need to stop watching the Spring game and assuming it's basically the CFP.

I honestly think you need to go back and watch last season

May 22, 2018, 2:48 PM

The record gives you an inflated idea of what KB did.

Watched every game

May 22, 2018, 2:50 PM

Including the ACC championship game MVP trophy he earned.

I'm not defending KB's 2017 campaign, I'm laughing at the ridiculous assumption that TL is going to be better based off a scrimmage.

No, we watched the CFP for our info not the “glorified

May 22, 2018, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Lol a glorified scrimmage with modified QB rules? ]

scrimmage” as you call it as an excuse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, we watched the CFP for our info not the “glorified

May 22, 2018, 7:27 PM

Thank You! That playoff game was enough to make a change! Didn’t take but a half for Saban to make a similar change.

Re: Lol a glorified scrimmage with modified QB rules?

May 22, 2018, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Lol a glorified scrimmage with modified QB rules? ]

When you are a senior still throwing 10 feet over top of your receivers heads while not under any live pressure, yes, it does. You think it'll look better when he's live in a real game?

May 22, 2018, 6:37 PM

If you watched a game last year you would see many throws on the money from KB.

May 22, 2018, 6:58 PM

And you also saw a ton over guys heads, too....guess you missed that part watching only highlights. You also saw many of his throws were short yardage...but hey, there's a stat that shows that too.
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/740/p3
#102 out of 110, Kelly Bryant

May 22, 2018, 8:08 PM

Why would we throw the ball deep when we can consistently move the ball and run the clock with the D we had??

May 22, 2018, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol a glorified scrimmage with modified QB rules? ]

Maybe you possibly want to watch the 2nd half of the FSU game? You'll be able to throw one good one on Cain...I saw several misses (some way short, some way long, some the waterboy on the sideline could have went after) on Bryant...maybe start there, since they are a formidable defense, that he only had 151 yards against. There's a reason most of his highlights were in the first half, or were mostly short throws or runs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7_MTTTF39g

May 22, 2018, 7:59 PM

One game? I am not saying KB was a great passer nor that he played great in every game. Watch the Louisville game, watch some of the plays against Auburn, watch the Miami game, watch the NC St game, watch the Usuck game. He has looked bad at times but he has also looked really good at times but all people want to point out is the bad.

May 22, 2018, 8:15 PM

lol..you realize I compared to a team with the #10 passing efficiency defense. Pick the top 4 he faced, see if it's still as good....Alabama, Boston College, FSU...and you mentioned the 4th...Auburn, which he didn't score a single passing TD against and had his 5th lowest passing yards of the season against.

May 22, 2018, 8:15 PM

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/40

May 22, 2018, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol a glorified scrimmage with modified QB rules? ]

Here's the top 6 passing efficiency defenses he faced...notice Miami is quite the anomally to the rest. That's the one game I can say he did differently...but man , those rushing stats tell a story in itself of how Miami defended him in that game. Also notice in those 6 games, he only had a single passing TD in 2 of the 6.

Message was edited by: Tigerman1978

May 22, 2018, 8:32 PM

How many rushing TDs did we have in those games tho? How many of those games did we win?? Nobody is saying KB is one of the best passers in college. If it doesn't take throwing the ball to win there is no point in doing so. When we needed it he delivered in all games besides against Bama. Say what you want and ofcourse you are right on many things but he is a big reason why we won last year. Now TL could come in and throw 4 TDs a game and have amazing stats but we might not have a running game because he is not as big of a threat to run, or atleast we do not know for sure yet if he will be, so D's don't have to focus on his running. He could throw 2 or 3 ints a game. We might not control the ball and keep our D from getting tired. He could be the greatest QB ever as well we just don't know. We know what KB can do and with a small amount of improvement we can for sure win it all with him. I want the QB that gives us the best chance to win to play. I just believe KB is capable unlike some of you who think we could have had anybody behind center last year and still would have made it to the playoffs.

May 22, 2018, 8:42 PM

None were won by his throwing scores, FYI...that's the exact point. I picked THE team that not only has one of the top passing efficiency defenses, but is also Clemson's MAIN #1 ACC Atlantic rival that makes or breaks the ACC Championship each year. The most logical one that could cost Bryant any chance of a playoff or the ACC title this next year. This isn't about his rushing....the fact that Travis Etienne leads the team in rushing TD's rushing yards, and rushing yards per game (with Tavien next in several of those categories) says the RB's can lead that rush for the team with any QB that can throw good enough to keep defenses from crowding the line of scrimmage. Heck, that exact game, the RB's carried more rush yards than he did and had 75% of the scores for that win. Why does everyone keep going back to his rushing to avoid discussing the exact point people are making about his passing? Deflection back to his athletic strength doesn't change the facts of his glaring weakness.

And it does take passing. Last year was his first year...he got away with a BUNCH of teams not loading the box to stuff his run game...that's why so many started doing it mid season onward. Next year, if he starts, I'd be honestly shocked if all teams (including Furman) aren't crowding the line of scrimmage and calling blitz packages on him. You stop the run of him, you also slow down the run game of the RB's....do that and what do you have left to win with?? Good looks, charm...a smile??? Uh oh, you need to then hit deep throws to open the run and short pass game back up (short throws won't back guys up enough, it won't pin the safeties to cover backfield).

It's funny how hard some of you guys fight to defend this, when it's apparent the guy couldn't score a single passing TD on the top 4 passing efficiency defenses he faced...but you think that's good enough to get to and WIN an National Championship against Alabama or any team that manages to beat Alabama in the playoffs...while he showed in the spring game that he's still missing his receivers?? That is a laugh. He has to show he can score a single passing TD on the best passing D's he faces first to get that benefit of the doubt...or hope he faces a team that doesn't have a great passing D when he gets there. I wouldn't expect Bama to regress practicing against Tua.

Bottom line, his passing has to improve, likely dramatically, to hold off Lawrence or to obtain that goal. I personally hope the best for him... But I'm not optimistic on it happening.

May 23, 2018, 8:31 AM

You do realize a running QB opens the run game up for the RBs right? Yes KB needs to improve in downfield passing but I have seen him be able to make the throws so I know he can. The discussion is not just on who can throw a deep ball better it is who is the better qb for us to win football games. Rushing matters. If we could have scored the 11 TDs KB had with our RBs I am sure we would have. He lead us to many Ws. You can't deny that. You can try to put it on all the players besides him but he is one of the main reasons. We can beat Bama or any other great D with him he just needs to hit a couple of passes to spread them out but that is hard to do with no blocking and WRs not getting open.

May 23, 2018, 1:37 PM

Hahahahaha. Good lord.

May 23, 2018, 6:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol a glorified scrimmage with modified QB rules? ]

TL is very fast afoot. Need to watch him running. I know college game is faster. But look at his HS videos. He leaves players in the dust. He is not Feaster-fast, but only a step behind. He is as fast as KB, or faster. You will be surprised.

May 22, 2018, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I want to apologize to EVERYONE and KB ]

74TIGER said:

you havent seen him play a real down yet he gives us the best chance to win. Are you Claire-voyiant?

Shirley your joking?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post is painful in its failed attempt at sarcasm.

May 22, 2018, 12:29 PM

Good luck to all the Tigers this year. I'll loon forward to watching and cheering, come what may.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I want to apologize to EVERYONE

May 22, 2018, 12:32 PM

but I just cant bring myself to do it. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigermaul = marlborocountycoot

May 22, 2018, 12:33 PM

90-17

Thanks, 80Tiger***

May 22, 2018, 6:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You singled out KB ..you ought to apologize to dabo, tony, and Jeff also

May 22, 2018, 12:52 PM

By posting you are repeatedly saying they are too stupid or not qualified to pick the best qb .

Or perhaps you just don't trust them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: You singled out KB ..you ought to apologize to dabo, tony, and Jeff also

May 22, 2018, 6:34 PM

Or perhaps he's seeing what they'll likely change a few games in. Until true frosh Trevor plays a game, Kelly will likely be the starter due to experience.... But that starts going out the window as an advantage during the Furman game. Let's be honest, you guys do realize that Kelly could do well in the Furman game but still get outperformed by Trevor, right? Kelly leads team to 3 first half TD's in 2 quarters... Trevor gets 3 TD's in 1 qtr and his stats look better than Kelly's.... Chase plays 4th. That isn't out of the realm of possibility to actually happen.

May 22, 2018, 1:22 PM

Yes, with all the panty bunching on this topic I would sadly conclude that there are just too many SJW's, Trophy for 10th place, and folks that do not really know what a searing criticism really amounts to today.

Lol you jokers can make any topic about SJWs somehow

May 22, 2018, 2:46 PM

It's like the boogeyman or something

TL as qb since he makes us more explosive.

May 22, 2018, 2:48 PM

*Citation needed

None of us knows who should start.

May 22, 2018, 2:55 PM

None of us has near enough data. I trust the coaches.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaches? What do coaches know?***

May 22, 2018, 2:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Everyone wins a trophy these days LOL***

May 22, 2018, 5:47 PM

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

May 23, 2018, 12:30 PM

Yeah I guess you’re right tigermaul — as long as Trevor stays in the yellow jersey he’ll be just fine . I’m sure all the experience playing big-time high school ball down in Georgia has got him ready to just bump any division one quarterback out of a starting role. After all he’s 6 foot four and weighs 105 pounds I’m sure he can take a hit. I attended four spring practices this spring and trust me when I tell you - he is scary skinny—let’s see what he does and how he reacts after some defensive end peels off the side and hits him like a Mac truck - we already know KB can get up. As a sidenote — there is no doubt in my mind the guy is extremely good but to just come in and everybody say he’s better than the guy that just did what he did last year is offensive to me — WAIT UNTIL HE ACTUALLY PLAYS IN A REAL GAME—did you ever play football? - no you didn’t did you?
Xbox doesn’t count statguy!

May 23, 2018, 12:47 PM

Holy #### you sound like a child.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic