Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think we need to go 13-0
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I think we need to go 13-0

Sep 16, 2018, 5:44 PM

and not take a chance on needing help from the outside. The SEC W is the best conference, but they will eat each other some as the season goes on. Also, once the Playoff committee starts up, we need to step on some throats (especially USCe).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we need to go 13-0

Sep 16, 2018, 5:51 PM

You are correct. We also need to dominate when we are supposed to. Style points,will come into play this,season.

This same discussion occurs every year. 13-0 gets us in style or not.

Nov 11, 2023, 4:58 PM

I’d argue that 1 loss gets us in if it’s at the right time (not late in the season). Not that we should plan on that but everyone isn’t going to be undefeated at the end of the year. But yes I’d say go for 13-0 and keep all the guesswork out of it

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 8:05 PM

I think we need to go 4-0 because you can't go 13-0 without winning the next game and thinking of the next 9 after that.

Thanks, coach.***

Sep 16, 2018, 8:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 16, 2018, 8:16 PM

Two things . First , the SEC West is a division within a conference .
Second , We have passed the point of begging to get into this playoff consideration deal . We're a shoe-in even with 1 loss . I bet if we went 11-1 and missed our championship game we'd still be in high considerations ... being that we are Clemson and the playoffs just wouldn't be the same without us .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 17, 2018, 7:59 AM

Go 11-1 and not play in December means were in a good bowl but no playoff. Only AL will ever do that.

Only AL will do that...only AL will do that

Sep 17, 2018, 9:10 AM

Stop the icky thinking. It's time fans catch up to the beliefs and thought process of Dabo and the staff. Being excited about wins isn't enough. Criticizing what wins look like is silly. Either be all in, or just sit on the couch and watch. But, for the love all that's Clemson, stop worshiping the Bama myth at the expense of the Tiger beliefs.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only AL will do that...only AL will do that

Sep 17, 2018, 9:40 AM

Sorry for my in-concise wording. Only meant, in response to Dug's post, that if we should, by some quirk of fate, miss the ACC CG, there will be no playoff game in the offing. Only AL did that once and there's a pretty poor chance that it happens again for them or anyone else. Not propping AL at all.

Sep 17, 2018, 8:56 AM

No, we need to go 15-0

Need 'Nother Natty

Sep 17, 2018, 9:16 AM

Even if we don't have style points, the CFP committee will not leave out an undefeated Clemson.

However, they may seed us lower depending on style points.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 9:38 AM

Louisville, FSU and GT are absolute dumpster fires, but I think BC, VT (Miami is toast in the Coastal), A&M and maaaaaaybe Syracuse will all make us look better by the end of the year. I firmly believe BC will be ranked in the top 20 when we play them, A&M will probably be ranked and Syracuse didn't look bad destroying FSU with a backup QB. And VT will be our shining light of schedule strength in the ACCCG.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic