Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PRO TIP: AT&T UVerse internet is run by criminals
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

PRO TIP: AT&T UVerse internet is run by criminals

Jul 21, 2014, 1:54 PM

I'm at the end of my rope with these #############...

First off, pro-rated first year deal expires, bill goes up twenty dollars. OK, I know that game, I call and get it dropped back down to original rate.

Then, my modem goes bad. No problem, right? Just send it on back, they'll send me a new one, everything will be right in this world, and it is....Until I get my new bill for $164 (my bill is $30) a month. I'm all, W T F man, so I call, they explain I'm being charged for the modem until it gets back and to just pay my regular $30 and once they receive the old modem they'll take off the charges. Three months later, I'm still fighting this ####, despite someone telling me every time I call that the charges will not be on the next bill. That's aside from the fact that this ####### I just talks to insists that "I just don't understand the system".

Yeah, I understand the system, they're trying to con money from people, and I'm sure it works on many of their customers.

Oh, and I get a late payment notice about once a week now, and phone call about every two weeks.

####### criminals

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My dad had a hell of a time with them.

Jul 21, 2014, 1:57 PM

He also had access to people who had access to FCC people. My dad one the first few rounds. Everything must have settled down because he's kept it for 3 years now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, this is an obvious scam, and you know they do it

Jul 21, 2014, 2:00 PM

to everyone they can. I've spent hours on the phone with these people this summer, and it's always "oh, I'm you're best friend pal, I'm going to take care of this ASAP for you", then next month it's the same #### thing. I'm about to go totally primitive and ditch internet and T.V.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you have evidence that the modem got back to them?***

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I have the proof of delivery from UPS, and they've

Jul 21, 2014, 2:02 PM

even acknowledged that they have the modem. This time they're saying that the modem came in late, though, despite the fact that I have proof it arrived to them within the 10 allotted days.

Minute 32 on the phone and counting...

Do they have offices where people can come

Jul 21, 2014, 2:05 PM

pay the bill and such? If so, tell them you'll just ride down to one of those where you can get your hands on somebody. Use those words.

No, I don't think they do. They're trying to play the victim

Jul 21, 2014, 2:09 PM

now...He just said, "Well, you've got to understand, a lot of people just take advantage of us, selling the modems on the black market and such". I told him that's so unfortunate, at least y'all pay it forward by scamming your honest customers, to which he took offense.

They get uptight when you accuse them of being dishonest/criminal

Try the get your hands on somebody line

Jul 21, 2014, 2:10 PM

anyway. I've heard it work before.

Evidently, we've got it taken care of, we're just waiting

Jul 21, 2014, 2:14 PM

on tech to confirm this. I was told this a couple weeks ago, as well. Anymore issues and I'm done, I'll go without internet, I DGAF.

Isn't that like saying, "I'll just go without power/heat"

Jul 21, 2014, 2:18 PM

pretty much impossible to go without internet in this day and age. (Unless you are old)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, not really. I could do without it pretty easily...

Jul 21, 2014, 2:28 PM

I mean, I lived the entire summer of 2010 without air conditioning in Clemson, I feel confident I could go without internet for awhile. No Netflix of Amazon, but it could be done.

I'd eventually pick something else up, but AT&T is just RIDICULOUS. They must have a bureaucracy that rivals our government, because nobody seems to be able to get anything done by themselves.

What you need is a real go-getter like that comcast guy...

Jul 21, 2014, 2:40 PM

http://news.firedoglake.com/2014/07/15/comcast-apologizes-for-employee-refusing-to-allow-customer-to-disconnect-service/

I won't be surprised to have a similar experience when I

Jul 21, 2014, 2:52 PM

finally say I'm done.

Me either. Comcast apologized in public but I bet anything..

Jul 21, 2014, 3:02 PM

they applauded the guy in private and told all the other customer service reps they could learn a thing or two from him.

No doubt, I'd be willing to bet they train employees to make

Jul 21, 2014, 3:20 PM

it as difficult as possible to end your service. We'd probably be surprised at the amount of people that just give up and pay up.

Re: I've been on chat line with them

Jul 21, 2014, 7:04 PM [ in reply to I mean, this is an obvious scam, and you know they do it ]

for the last week. I lose it too quick when talking to them. They finally did give some credit for my/their busted modem. Now I am fighting for the credit on the taxes they conveniently forgot to include. Oh, and S&H...I had S&H also! They went up on my bill at five months....oh, that was also a mistake, you'll be credited for that also...

They are supposed to be sending an itemized billing of all credits and charges. Key word ITEMIZED. We'll see. They are too big and the managers must be idiots or they have it down to a well rehearsed racket.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you could get the cops on them...

Jul 21, 2014, 1:58 PM

but you hate the cops too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They wouldn't be interested, nothing in it for them.***

Here's what I'll need....

Jul 21, 2014, 2:01 PM

The address of the office written legibly, a large sack filled with oily rags, 10 gallons of diesel fuel, and a suitcase filled with unmarked hundreds.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a problem, however, instead of the unmarked hundreds

Jul 21, 2014, 2:03 PM

Would you accept Dogecoin?

NOT IF YOU MARK THEM.***

Jul 21, 2014, 2:14 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hundreds of unmarked what?

Jul 21, 2014, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Here's what I'll need.... ]

tampons?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

PRO TIP #2: They are all the same.

I just switched to Uverse because Time Warner was ### ###### me for the past year.

I guess I'll just have to switch every year or so to keep them honest.

^^^TRUTH^^^***

Jul 21, 2014, 2:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they are truly idiots

they continuously keep contacting me wanting me to get Uverse even though I KNOW their fiber does not come to my house. Their own tech told me so when he was out fixing my phone line.

After about the 100th contact from them, I said "OK, come on out, I WANT UVERSE!!". They come out, and found out the nearest fiber is a mile away through horrific forested terrain. This is when the tech told me "you ain't getting Uverse".

You think that has stopped them from contacting me about getting it? NO. They have easily spent $200 in mailings alone. I get 2 or 3 a week from these jokers STILL.

Idiots.

you are in a perfect situation

Jul 21, 2014, 2:05 PM

keep telling them that you want it and they will keep spending money sending their techs out. perfect

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I think I'm about to do it again just to mess with them

Jul 21, 2014, 2:10 PM

Problem is I have to take a day off just to prank them.

maybe next time I have a couple vacation days set up.

I have my internet through them, which is why they won't leave me alone. Their "records" show that I am in Uverse territory, even though I am not.

Try Labor day.***

Jul 21, 2014, 2:11 PM

Re: I think I'm about to do it again just to mess with them

Jul 21, 2014, 2:39 PM [ in reply to I think I'm about to do it again just to mess with them ]

Why do you have to be there? Have them go through the hassle of setting up the appointment and have someone come out, only to find nobody is home.

Give em your cell number as a back home phone.

Jul 21, 2014, 3:28 PM [ in reply to I think I'm about to do it again just to mess with them ]

Their effin sales people. They get paid if you agree to signup.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please continue to have them come out when you have the

Jul 21, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to they are truly idiots ]

time. I want to see them drained of as much money as possible. This has been totally ridiculous. I mean, this has seriously got to be at least somewhat criminal, it's a blatant scam.

Call the police on em!

Jul 21, 2014, 2:40 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dern u franc...beat me.***

Jul 21, 2014, 2:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I've had some issues too....run speed tests and I'd be

Jul 21, 2014, 3:02 PM

willing to bet you don't see close to what you are paying for.

They've also throttled my ability to upload videos to youtube. My entire network instantly bogs to .25 down and up speed when I attempt to upload a video. I hit cancel and it immediately goes back up. I can upload to my google drive with no issues, but with youtube it slows me to a halt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I've had no issues with the actual internet, it's been

Jul 21, 2014, 3:23 PM

pretty good and reliable. It's just this customer service that sucks donkey balls. I will run a speed check when I get home, though. Maybe I can use it to negotiate a lower rate.

As is Time Warner

Jul 21, 2014, 3:04 PM

Called ot make a payment by credit card over the phone. Told them I want to pay X amount of dollars, which matched the balance due on their website. The guy says okay. I asked him to verify the amount. He told me the same amount I'd given him to start. FF to the next day with my account was billed for X+$25. I don't know how many ppl I cursed out that day...I'm shaking just thinking about it because I was so upset with the guy just straight stealing my money.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

This is another fear of mine, which is why I refuse to do

Jul 21, 2014, 3:19 PM

online billing with anyone. They tried to coerce me into doing it when I had to call to get my rate adjusted back down, and I think I see why now. I write checks, so luckily they can't just take my money, but I have no doubt AT&T would have done the same thing to me over this modem situation. I guess we just lose as the customer.

Did you end up dropping Time Warner or getting it resolved? My situations aggravating enough, but what they did to you has to be criminal.

Same crap with Time Warner Cable (another PRO TIP)

Jul 21, 2014, 3:17 PM

Record every call you make to them. I ALWAYS record calls to Time Warner. Next time you call, play the recording from the previous conversation. You will have no more problems guaranteed. My recording policy went into effect when they broke a written contract with me to freeze my rates for 2 years. They broke it after 16 months.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baffles me how they're able to get away with some of this

Jul 21, 2014, 3:41 PM

stuff. A quick google search returned many other complaints from people where they've done exactly what I'm describing, so this is not a new phenomenon. I imagine things will continue to deteriorate from a consumer standpoint after the Comcast/Time Warner merger.

They are trained professionals.

Jul 21, 2014, 3:32 PM

Trained to get you off the phone without resolution. They have no problem screwing you, quite like the ex's lawyer, or outright being dishonest, quite like the....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But they're so friendly, and say they want to help me :(***

Jul 21, 2014, 3:39 PM

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic