Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love how after 1 week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I love how after 1 week

Sep 5, 2018, 3:04 PM

the media is ready to call Bama champions and Tua the Heisman winner after they destroyed a depleted and weak Louisville defense. Im not saying we played anyone special, just saying they should pump the brakes a bit. Also, Dwayne Haskins jumped into the top 3 of the Heisman watch after playing through the 4th quarter and padding his stats. I know he is a good, no great quarterback, but he made some throw against Louisville that an experienced secondary would have picked off.

Can the media just be quiet about the Heisman, and CFP until after week 7? did they not learn their lesson from the Watson/Jackson fiasco? where they basically gave Jackson the Heisman after running up the score against Charlotte.

Maybe Dabo should tell our first opponent that we are going to score as much as possible, and maybe pay them a bit more for it. then maybe we could get a Heisman winner ;) lol I kid I kid.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love how after 1 week

Sep 5, 2018, 3:25 PM

The Heisman Trophy is a meaningless, pointless award. It's a popularity contest and is certainly not given to the best player in college football.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. If it was actually given to the best player

Sep 5, 2018, 3:53 PM

more defensive players and more players off teams with average records would win the award. The Heisman is very, very biased towards QBs and RBs from the top ~10-15 teams in CFB. Even WRs typically can't win the award (only 3 in the entire history of the award).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN can pick whoever they want to get it.***

Sep 5, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I love how after 1 week ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I agree

Sep 5, 2018, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I love how after 1 week ]

I had a guy at work tell me Jackson should have won it instead of Watson because he put up crazy stats. then I go into deshauns character and the fact that if there is a minute left on the clock down by 6, I want DW4 playing QB, not Jackson. he responds with, "that stuff isn't important." He's an Ohio State fan, and by listening to him it seems they care more about how many draft picks and individual trophies they have. and they always bring up those championships they won in the 40s and 50s.

Sep 5, 2018, 3:34 PM

I lost all respect for Heisman when Deshaun Watson was passed over. Its a popularity contest and not based on football talent. So glad Deshaun won the important trophies and received the recognition he deserved. Secondly, Heisman should not even be considered and awarded until all playoffs and natty games are played. Its a joke they start selection talk even after first game of season. Heisman is all popularity contest now. So sad.

Sep 5, 2018, 3:37 PM

I lost all respect when CJ didn't get invited to NYC

Sep 5, 2018, 4:29 PM

Ditto

Sep 5, 2018, 4:24 PM

Kinda reminds me of the coots. They beat a team with 60 plus Freshman and now are going to win the SEC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 5:04 PM

ESPN never pumps the brakes on an SEC team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic