Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Freshman you're most excited to watch (excluding Lawrence)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Freshman you're most excited to watch (excluding Lawrence)

Jul 24, 2018, 10:17 AM

What other true freshman are you excited about? Personally I think Derion Kendrick and Kyler McMichael will contribute early on, those guys have some skills!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Freshman you're most excited to watch (excluding Lawrence)

Jul 13, 2021, 4:32 PM

Justyn Ross. This kid is the real deal from what i've been told

Jul 24, 2018, 10:24 AM

Kendrick, Thomas, Ross

Kendrick is the one that I’m most excited about.

Jul 24, 2018, 11:23 AM

I think he could be like etienne coming in and just being a different cat altogether. Would love to see him on special teams and some screens to see what he can do after he gets the ball

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2018, 10:26 AM

Kendrick or Ross if they play much this year.

Jul 24, 2018, 10:41 AM

McMichael and Goodrich should play a lot on defense and Kendrick in my opinion is really gonna be special on offense and special teams.

Jul 24, 2018, 3:57 PM

Yep, like you, also interested in those 2 as well...could provide some very needed depth.

Jul 24, 2018, 10:47 AM

Big Jack. OL is the group I feel most nervous about on offense going into the 2019 season and Carman is going to be needed to anchor that group.

Jul 24, 2018, 11:02 AM

Does he get a lot of PT this season? Also, why would he be the anchor in 2019? He seems like he has a long way to go after watching he Spring game. I realize he just got on campus though. I hope he is a stud in 2019. That would be huge.

Jul 24, 2018, 11:26 AM

I think he's going to get a pretty good amount of PT, if for no other reason than prepping him for 2019. From the sounds of it he's down to at most 330 which is a bit less than the spring and should certainly help him move.

I called him the anchor going forwards because of the positional importance of LT. Maybe that was a poor characterization but for us to maximize our potential TL's blindside has to be protected.

Jul 24, 2018, 11:44 AM

I could see Blake Vinson in 2019 at LT. The staff really seems to be high on him. He was offered by Bama too. Either way, we might be better off in 2019 than people think.

Jul 24, 2018, 12:01 PM

I certainly don't think the OL is just going to fall apart after this season. I think the main potential concern is depth going forwards. Taking just two in 2018 especially since we're so far under the limit and basically playing like we've been sanctioned wasn't exactly ideal. The 2019 OL class could wind up being very project heavy.

Unless things have changed though we seem to be in a position to get probably getting an official visit from Wright and a big season could go a long way. Always a chance of flipping some guys too. I think there's a reasonable chance that ND could have a season not all that different from the one they had two years ago and if that happens Kelly's probably gone. Their OL coach from last year who produced two top 10 picks in this year's draft left and took the Bears job too.

Jul 24, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Freshman you're most excited to watch (excluding Lawrence) ]

He will get PT this year. His main problem in the spring was being too heavy and that seems to have been addressed over the summer. I think he's your lead contender to step into Hyatt's role in 19. Would still like to see him around 300-315 which I think is pretty reasonable as he continues to get in the weight room and transform his body.

I would have to say Justyn Ross

Jul 24, 2018, 11:20 AM

Only thing though is that he did not enroll early, so he wont know much about the offense yet.

Man there are a lot. We signed some studs last year

Jul 24, 2018, 11:24 AM

XT and McMichael. Also Kendrick and Ross.

I look mainly at the positions of need

Jul 24, 2018, 11:29 AM

Which for this year would be McMichael and Goodrich. But a glaring one for next year where a good season this year would ease my mind would be Jefferies at DT. Going to need him to play a big role in 19.

Another one I'm surprised I don't hear more of is XT. Got overshadowed some by TL but in any other year would be the crown jewel of this class. Just not many guys his age with the combo of speed and strength he has.

Re: I look mainly at the positions of need

Jul 24, 2018, 11:53 AM

Jordan Williams is still a redshirt freshman and early returns have been very encouraging. He'll be ahead of Jefferies at the 3 tech spot this fall.

Re: I look mainly at the positions of need

Jul 24, 2018, 4:10 PM [ in reply to I look mainly at the positions of need ]

BT Potter. We are going to be scoring a lot and we are going to need consistency on kickoffs. Itll be easier to house a kickoff than formulate a drive against our defense

Braden Galloway.

Jul 24, 2018, 11:33 AM

He is large and athletic. Physically, he reminds me so much of Leggett as a Junior. Thought he looked great in the Spring game even after his limited participation leading up to it. Now that he is healthy, he may have made a big jump physically in the spring. Having a tight end that is a threat in the passing game while being able to block in the running game/screen game makes us so much less predictable.

Look for him to make an impact THIS year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2018, 1:32 PM

KJ Henry. Not sure how much PT he will get but I believe he is going to be special. XT gets all the love as he should but I think Henry will be a sack machine in a year or 2.

Jul 24, 2018, 1:35 PM

XT, Justyn Ross, Kyler McMichael, and Braden Galloway.

Jul 24, 2018, 3:46 PM

not being smart but I'm anxious to see all of them!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2018, 3:48 PM

Ross, XT, Potter, and Venables

Jul 24, 2018, 3:49 PM

Justin Fields for sure...

McMichael

Jul 24, 2018, 4:18 PM

McMichael. I just get the feeling these coaches are gushing over the player-maker that is about to be unleashed on defense. We have such a solid defense as a whole that we can insert him in ways that maximize his talents and let him play raw. A lot of special players in this class, but I feel like he's the one we know the least about that internally our staff is excited about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic