Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know that some have ask this question a lot but,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I know that some have ask this question a lot but,

Aug 12, 2019, 4:52 PM

I really didn't pay all that much attention bc I wasn't ready to completely cut the cord until the folks at Spectrum just flat refused to let me buy into one of there one year plans they have for people that's never spent a dime with them, and I've had TWC/Spectrum for 16 years straight with never ever a disconnect for late payment or non payment. My wife and I did the math, and we have paid over 32k for cable the past 15 years, and I can't have the same deal that a new customer that has never spent a dime wit them. That's not good business considering that I have over 32k in something that I have absolutely nothing to show for it. I have made up my mine that I'm cutting that money pipe line and just use their internet to stream what ever I watch on TV.

Her is where I'm at right now, by googling who has the best for the buck in streaming, and it seems that right now this minute what I think I've learned is that YouTube TV is about the best with what you get for the $50 bucks a month for YouTube over hulu live. Opinions please from the streamers, and thank you in advance!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check out PSVue also

Aug 12, 2019, 4:55 PM

But yes, Youtube TV is great for me. Just compare the channel lineups.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Check out PSVue also

Aug 12, 2019, 5:07 PM

I dropped Spectrum after they bought out Time Warner. Yhey increased my rates $20 a month and would not negotiate. Three months after I dropped them, they phoned back with a nice temporary fee and I informed them that I tried to negotiate with them then and they refused so I refused any temporary offer they had. As you probably know, you really need to watch out for their temporary offers as they have a history of socking it to you (I have aged myself) when the temporary fee is over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know that some have ask this question a lot but,

Aug 12, 2019, 5:05 PM

I had Sling, decided to do a trial of YouTube TV. Ended up cancelling Sling and have had YouTube ever since.

Most streaming services will offer a 7 day free trial, I would just give a few a chance to see what works best for you, not only channels but the setup and format of the userface, whether you need additional items (FireStick/Roku) or can just use your TV, etc.

Before Sling I had DirecTV, which I did love, but the costs just became ridiculous, not to mention issues I would have when it rained, etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 10:55 PM

Will youtube work with XBOX One and 360, bc I will want to stream in the den and bed room? Also I just bought a new Vizio smart TV with smart cast....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 5:06 PM

Your story is the exact same thing that I experienced - after 24 years. It is quite a disgusting thing to experience, but Spectrum thought they could get away with it. It didn't take them long to find out - they're now offering a skinny package of "pick your own 10 channels" for about $22/month, guaranteed for 2 years.... but that's more than the $19.95 they offered it for several months - and you know what will happen after the 2 years is up.

Streaming isn't a perfect alternative to cable, but it sure feels better when you pay the bill - at least like you have some measure of control over who gets your money and for how long.

I've tried DirecTVNOW and it was OK, but I now have youtube.tv and like it a whole lot better. You'll get your local network stations, ESPN, ESPN2 and ACCN - plus a lot more. As previously stated, you can find the channel lineup on their website.

Someday, there will hopefully be a streaming service that allows the customer to select only the desired channels from a smorgasboard menu. When that happens, I'll gladly switch, get my 3 or 4 channels and be quite happy..... meanwhile, it's youtube.tv for now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 10:59 PM

I understand bc most of the BS they give, I will never ever watch, just like it is with cable, most of their line up Bull Chit, and the others are reruns week in and week out!!!

Aug 12, 2019, 5:23 PM

Judging by the poll of TigerNet users , YouTubeTV is running in 1st place with its unlimited DVR and ability to use it away from home on TVs not just on mobile devices. And it’s eaay user interface.

HULULive is 2nd based primarily on the non live content that you get access to in deal , and they were the early adopter of ACC network,

PSVue is 3rd and Sling 4th.

I love my YiuTubeTV . Btw , it’s super easy to switch from one to another . Nothing like what you go through with a cable change or dish change etc.

Good luck

Aug 12, 2019, 11:01 PM

That is what worries me the most, finding the channels that I like to watch!!!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic