Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know it's basketball season and football is long gone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

I know it's basketball season and football is long gone

Jan 30, 2018, 11:23 AM

But I have one thing I wanna talk about real quick! I keep reading in sports groups on Facebook, articles, even seen it posted on here a few times... People are saying we was doomed from the beginning because Ole Nick had a month to prepare, my response to that is arguing that Dabo and crew had a whole month to prepare as well! I feel it's a load of #### that they're giving Nick all the credit in the world. Yes, he's one of the best coaches ever on any level, but just because he had a entire month to prepare doesn't mean nothing! Both teams and Coaches had a month to get ready.. I'm not saying Alabama and Coaches doesn't deserve credit but take out the "saban had a whole month to prepare" part and I'll be fine. They're talking like he's some kind of God... Mickey this goes for you too, you're the reason I went on this rant.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad that is settled***

Jan 30, 2018, 11:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

#metoo!!!

Jan 30, 2018, 11:33 AM

I mean, that is completely unanswerable.

Re: I'm glad that is settled***

Jan 30, 2018, 11:33 AM [ in reply to I'm glad that is settled*** ]

It's never gonna be settled until I stop seeing that BS praise of Saban having a month to prepare...

you desperately need to burn one***

Jan 30, 2018, 12:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: you desperately need to burn one******

Jan 30, 2018, 12:08 PM

^^^This***

Jan 30, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to you desperately need to burn one*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you desperately need to burn one***

Jan 30, 2018, 12:11 PM [ in reply to you desperately need to burn one*** ]

@theclash haha I like you man!

Is this the Truman Show? Do you have cameras in my house? I'm "rolling one" as I type. Hope that doesn't #### the old farts off... Legalize it!

Re: I know it's basketball season and football is long gone

Jan 30, 2018, 11:33 AM

I really don't think you understand--both teams were in very different spots leading into this game. Alabama had just lost their only game of the season and had to endure that pain even more by watching the SEC championship game from home. Not to mention, they had a month to heal a lot of guys who were battling injuries coming down the homestretch. Meanwhile, we are at a different point in terms of our team. Some will say we peaked too early as we took out VT and Lville and Auburn in some real hard fought battles only to lose to Syracuse and then rebound strong. I believe we had a sense of feeling content after winning the ACC championship but that content was a feeling of knowing we belong; that's not to say we weren't hungry to win it all but Alabama just proved to be the stronger, more dominant and more energetic team. To add gasoline to the fire, we ripped their hearts out last season so they were going to make sure it didn't happen again

Uhhh

Jan 30, 2018, 11:37 AM

Peaked too early? Did you not watch our last two games against South Carolina and Miami leading into the playoff? And part of the reason coaches get paid so much is to get their players motivated and hungry to win. So just because Alabama lost last year doesn't give us any excuse to not be as hungry and ready to play. Do you not understand how competition works?

Re: Uhhh

Jan 30, 2018, 11:56 AM

I bleed orange, but I just think Alabama was the better team that night. Their defensive line dominated. Football is still a pretty simple game. Controls both lines of scrimmage and that team usually wins. Both teams had the same amount of time to prepare. It is pretty obvious to me that not having a "go to" big receiver and a lack of a down field passing game was a key. Great season Tigers. I am proud of you.

Re: Uhhh

Jan 30, 2018, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Uhhh ]

I didn't say peaked too early but some people will tell you that. Do you also understand how crappy Scar is and how overrated Miami is? I'm not taking anything away from our wins but cmon. I understand how competition works but Saban treats his guys like robots and they had a more business like approach to this game. Cannot argue with that.

Not to mention we were penalized every 3rd down & they

Jan 30, 2018, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I know it's basketball season and football is long gone ]

Had zero penalty yds. The entire game

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, they had an extra week

Jan 30, 2018, 11:35 AM

to heal up, and they had one less game to play. I doubt they would have beaten UGA in the SECCG in the condition they were in. Just saying. I'm glad you coots have something to hold your hat on, though. What's it like to be a wimminz basketball school and then have your wimminz fight Mizzou?

I don't know if the U really counted as a game.

Jan 30, 2018, 11:59 AM

More like a late night practice vs the 3rd string.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

24-6 & destroying Clemson's spread would suggest otherwise.***

Jan 30, 2018, 11:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 24-6 & destroying Clemson's spread would suggest otherwise.***

Jan 30, 2018, 11:50 AM

Let's see if PhyscoTea or anyone else calls you a coot after saying that....

Doesn't matter how dominant they were the credit still shouldn't go to Saban and him having a whole month to prepare, that's BS.... That's like saying Dabo had a whole month to blow it.

It's not just about Saban moving X & Os around, it's about

Jan 30, 2018, 11:59 AM

the time allotted in teaching a game plan to a healthy defense, where it was an injured one before that many felt was the root of their late regular season swoon.

Sorry, I have no problem with giving Coach Saban, his staff & players or his 6 National Championships their due. He's won 5 of the last 9, not sure of all the turnover in players and staff alike, but one thing stands alone, his 5'6" shadow over his program.

He's the modern day goat and proved it once again between the lines.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Considering the modern-day scholarship limitations (which

Jan 30, 2018, 12:04 PM

the Bear didn't have to bear), I'd go as far as saying Saban is the GOAT, period.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Thanks bob, & if you'd like, I could asked B-Meist if he...

Jan 30, 2018, 12:09 PM

could spare the extra bandwidth for you to start another thread about that separate issue, k?

You're a coot

Jan 30, 2018, 5:10 PM [ in reply to 24-6 & destroying Clemson's spread would suggest otherwise.*** ]

QueenClemson. DSP, nice to see you again.

Jan 30, 2018, 11:48 AM

Sycophantic behaviour is common in underlings .
That was the easiest way to accept praise for being right , should the fawning Sabanites be right about picking Bama .

DB23

Great point. Also...

Jan 30, 2018, 11:58 AM

I think I found you a new home. Somewhere you can really spread your wings and fly.

https://www.clemsonsportsnews.com/single-post/2018/01/29/Clemson-DB-Recruiting-Breakdown-as-we-head-to-Signing-day

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

great story. compelling and rich

Jan 30, 2018, 12:00 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jan 30, 2018, 3:02 PM

Cool rant completely worthless like 99% of your posts.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jan 30, 2018, 6:35 PM

@ClemAlum07

Todd, for the love of God please get off my case.. it's starting to creep me out, you've been saying my post are worthless for almost 2 years straight. You've been trolling for 2 years as well, does it not tire you out?

2 years skrate-joined 6 months ago

Jan 30, 2018, 6:38 PM

who you used to be

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 years skrate-joined 6 months ago

Jan 30, 2018, 6:39 PM

I've already talked about it. You're a couple months late...

Jan 30, 2018, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I know it's basketball season and football is long gone ]

@ClemAlum07

Todd, for the love of God please get off my case.. it's starting to creep me out, you've been saying my post are worthless for almost 2 years straight. You've been trolling for 2 years as well, does it not tire you out?

Jan 30, 2018, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I know it's basketball season and football is long gone ]

@ClemAlum07

You don't even post. You just troll the unpopular people on here and give people a hard time. That's literally all you do... I haven't had much communication with you since I lost my other account but we can definitely get this thing started again.... Todd

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic