Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know for certain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,163

I know for certain

Aug 21, 2019, 5:21 PM

That all of you Tiger fans enjoy Tiger history so let me share some recent Tiger history with you today. With the new season about to begin I want to remind you that Coach Swinneys very first game as head coach was against our rivals from Atlanta, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Terry D Phillips told Dabo when he named him interim coach to “Do what you have to to right the ship”. Coach Swinney wisely decided that the best thing to do was unite the team with the fantastic fan base that the Tigers already had in place. Swinney told Phillips that the first thing he wanted to do was install the Tiger Walk to build an even closer relationship between the team and its loyal fans. I’m not sure if Phillips felt like this was important but he remembered his challenge to Dabo. So, prior to the GT game our Tigers, dressed in coat and tie, began the Tiger Walk tradition that is still a very popular part of game day. Prior to that day the Tigers had been through some rough times. The week before they had lost a close game to Wake Forest and Tiger
Fans needed a boost, and quickly. All of a sudden, the Tiger players and their unbelievable fan base felt good about themselves. That very first Tiger Walk was much more important to our present success than anything that has happened since. I can’t say enough good things about Coach Swinney and his group of assistants. Support this team AND this university because Clemson is something special and it always has been! Ignore the naysayers that we hear everyday. It’s all good at Clemson University.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know for certain

Aug 21, 2019, 5:32 PM

I always loved that Dabo had a plan of what to do. He was ready when called upon as a HC even though he had never been a coordinator. He had a notebook with thoughts on what he wanted to do as HC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 5:34 PM

And here we are. At the Top!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 6:50 PM

Talking about the fans, a few days ago there was a thread about the 03 fsu game, and I've thought about that game a lot since. After what happened the week before at Wake, I didn't think we had a chance to even keep it close against #3 fsu, but before the game started there was something in the air. The fans were bringing it and you could feel it. When Radio ran down the Hill, I knew we had more than a chance, I knew we were going to win. I believe The Tigers felt it too. I haven't been able to make a Tiger Walk yet, It's usually very close to kick off when we get there, but to the fans that do make it, let The Mighty Tigers know how much you love 'em.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,163
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic