Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know I’m going to get slammed for this but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

I know I’m going to get slammed for this but

Sep 9, 2018, 12:30 AM

this almost feels like a loss. Sh!t! We let them gut the middle of the field on us. I’m feeling a lot like Brent is feeling tonight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cry me a river Morris. ALL WE DO IS WIN***

Sep 9, 2018, 12:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I get that. I think it's a gut punch because everyone...

Sep 9, 2018, 12:39 AM

on this board wanted to build us up to be the greatest thing ever and tonight exposed to two major weaknesses: the OL and the DBs. Idk that anyone wanted to admit at the beginning of the year that we had an weaknesses. I for one didn't think we'd be that bad in those areas.

Re: I know I’m going to get slammed for this but

Sep 9, 2018, 12:39 AM

You know, it does feel a lot like those losses to Notre Dame, Loserville, and Nancy Tate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 9, 2018, 12:41 AM

When I think a win against an SEC team on the road in front of 102k people feels like a loss I will know it's time for me to quit following sports. Thankfully I am nowhere near that. Tonight was a great win!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This

Sep 9, 2018, 12:45 AM

The DBs played decent, they (A&M) had some amazing catches, also maybe our OL should have held like theirs did and they would have looked better.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^This

Sep 9, 2018, 12:49 AM

agreed. We definitely could have looked better. I was disappointed in a few areas but I believe a game like tonight will pay more dividends down the road than an easy win.

Let's wait and see if A&M is any good before we feel good...

Sep 9, 2018, 12:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I know I’m going to get slammed for this but ]

about this win though. Right now, I just feel fortunate. A&M did play 4 (all SEC) teams in front of this crowd last year and scored: 14, 19, 24, and 27. It doesn't feel like we did anything other teams that aren't elite haven't done to them. at their place.

Re: Let's wait and see if A&M is any good before we feel good...

Sep 9, 2018, 12:50 AM

You can't compare this years A&M team to last years.

How do we know yet?

Sep 9, 2018, 12:53 AM

I think they look better, but for all we know they go 7-5. I think we have to wait and see.

Re: Let's wait and see if A&M is any good before we feel good...

Sep 9, 2018, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Let's wait and see if A&M is any good before we feel good... ]

This team doesn't compare to last year. They have a huge upgrade at headcoach, a quarterback with a year experience and a very good defensive line. Enjoy the win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possibly, but we need to see them play other big boys before

Sep 9, 2018, 12:55 AM

we know for sure.

Sep 9, 2018, 1:03 AM

Thats the problem people want to judge things off what they have seen. They say well A&M did this so this is going to happen or Clemson did that so this is going to happen. That is why football is a beautiful thing because everything you think you know usually comes back to bite you. It's what many call the immeasurables. Things that happen that you just can't prepare for and when you count on 11 guys to play to a standard it doesn't take but one guy to not do his job to throw it all in disarray. Kind of how you beat 3 top 15 teams in a row and then lose to Syracuse. Or lose to Pitt during the national championship run. I'm sure people are going to try and judge Clemson's other outcomes on this game and that is just foolish. You take the win and move because it absolutely means NOTHING. Yes you are going to try and correct the mistakes but we are talking about if Clemson just puts the game away maybe A&M's team folds it up but you give them a little reason for believing then the whole team starts playing above their head. Just too many reasons to name for why a game turns out the way it does but trying to make some grand gesture based off this game is just dumb. Maybe this is the worse Clemson will play all year, who knows. What I do know is that not every team or every week or every game or every minute or every snap is equal and the number a variables for each second of the game changes. So just take the game for what it was and be happy that on a rainy night where you missed opportunities to put the game and where your defense didn't play well in the latter half of the game that you came out of it with a win no matter how good or bad it looked. In a few weeks all anyone will remember is that Clemson got to 2-0.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic