Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow..just heard a Clemson fan say he tried to warn Danny Ford of the Puntrooskie play..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Wow..just heard a Clemson fan say he tried to warn Danny Ford of the Puntrooskie play..

Dec 7, 2018, 11:56 AM

but Danny didn’t seem to be too interested.

The fan had heard thru Butler’s High school coach that FSU would run it near first of game when needing to punt deep but instead used it successfully at last of game.

Come to think about it you can see in old film Coach Ford yelling at his D to be aware of a fake, But too late!

Bam, the #2 Clemson Tigers went down in DV!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow..just heard a Clemson fan say he tried to warn Danny Ford of the Puntrooskie play..

Dec 7, 2018, 12:00 PM

I just got off the phone with Dabo. I warned him Nick Saban would call for an onside kick due to our alignment on kickoffs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow..just heard a Clemson fan say he tried to warn Danny Ford of the Puntrooskie play..

Dec 7, 2018, 12:08 PM

First time i teared up over a football game. The last was a night in January 2 years ago. Opposite ends of the spectrum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 11:03 AM

If BT Potter was born a few years earlier we would have had 2 national championships while DW was here.

that game and the UCONN game.***

Dec 7, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow..just heard a Clemson fan say he tried to warn Danny Ford of the Puntrooskie play.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe you, but I don't believe him.***

Dec 7, 2018, 12:16 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe you, but I don't believe him.***

Jun 30, 2016, 7:50 AM

Don't like yo beard......butt like yo beer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Wish he’d have warned a Dabo about the on-sides kick.***

Dec 7, 2018, 12:22 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 1:01 PM

I've actually heard this story from another Clemson fan. Bowden was practicing the puntrooski for a "special moment" and Danny heard rumors that FSU would try to run a fake, but they didnt have enough recon to know what it was. Heard that Bowden had more security and secrecy around the puntrooski practices than Area 51.

Dec 7, 2018, 1:21 PM

The reason we lost that game was incompetent officials. FSU was driving around mid-field and fumbled the ball. At least that's what the official right there at the play called. But one official who was at least 20 yards from the play came running up and over-ruled it. So FSU was given the ball back. I was recording the game back at home on my video recorder. When I got back home that night, I ran the game forward to that play. And sure enough, there was a clear fumble before the ball carriers knew went down. The commentators even when they replayed it, when it was obviously a fumble, did not even comment on it. It was in the fourth quarter. I still have that video. It's probably on You Tube also.

Dec 7, 2018, 9:07 PM

I was 10 years old at that game so my memory might be off but I remember another controversy like an illegal timeout by FSU or something.

We on the Hill tried to warn the team when it was happening

Dec 7, 2018, 2:17 PM

too, but unfortunately nobody heard us.

It was an illegal play and should never had been allowed***

Dec 7, 2018, 4:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there were lots of fans hollering "it's a fake"

Dec 7, 2018, 5:36 PM

and i was one..back then, a loss meant the y(fsu) were out of the natty race..they were kings at the time..no way bobby was gonna punt that ball..but also no way it was "pre=programmed"..they surely practiced it, but only did it because they would have lost the game otherwise.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: there were lots of fans hollering "it's a fake"

Dec 7, 2018, 8:59 PM

what's funny is that here we are about 30 years later and we're still talking about it.

I heard a similiar story except it was that the coaching

Dec 7, 2018, 8:59 PM

staff knew they had a punt fake play before the game in 1988.(another coaching staff had told them)
This was told to me by one of the coaches wives (Rick Bacissca) sic .... that worked at the First Federal of SC bank (now Skins Hotdogs). He was in the bank in the spring of 89. “We are kicking their @## in Tallahassee”. and they did.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I heard a similiar story except it was that the coaching

Dec 7, 2018, 9:06 PM

richie B wasn't on ford's staff. he came in when tommy west was hired.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic