Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have recently read articles that say
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,141

I have recently read articles that say

Mar 26, 2018, 11:05 AM

That Clemson will not be able to sneak up on other conference teams next year as they did this year because of our great success. I’m not sure I buy this approach. Perhaps early in the year some teams may have taken us lightly, but as the year progressed we got everybody’s best shot. Even after Granthams injury every team we played showed up to play forty minutes.

This will be a great off season for Clemson basketball. All the guys know what rewards the hard work will provide.
You know that Thomas will be especially good next year after the good season he just completed. The new kids as well as Simms will add a lot. I didn’t get to see William enough to evaluate him. What do you think he will bring to the team next year? Trapp and Oliver showed that they can play in the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have recently read articles that say

Mar 26, 2018, 11:22 AM

Clemson has a wealth of talent returning if everybody stays. I think we see one potential transfer as we need another inside presence to compliment Thomas. We could also use a true point guard, but that likely is being recruited for the following year.

The ACC will be strong once again, but Clemson will not be picked lower than sixth preseason in ranking. Now the team has to focus and prepare during the off season and we should be fine.

Go Tigers!

Malik W, etc...

Mar 26, 2018, 11:32 AM

he has a good skill set. maybe needs to get used to the speed of the game a bit more.
i think he will be a solid contributor

i think Simms will be a star

if Trapp and Oliver can show some of the improvement that DeVoe exhibited, they will be very very good. no doubt that both will see increased minutes next season

i said before the season that Brownell had perhaps his most 'ACC-ready' freshmen in years..hoping this year's group will be as ready

Re: Malik W, etc...

Mar 26, 2018, 11:36 AM

Newman has real good basketball skills. Whether he can come in and play right away In the ACC is the question.

I know little about the big kid from Alabama but there certainly is a place for him on the team

Mar 26, 2018, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Malik W, etc... ]

That and how this team bought in to the system was the difference. In years past we had everyone waiting on our best player to make the play instead of playing team ball as much, within the system. No doubt that our core had been together and after the departure of our best player they took it in themselves to make this year different.

But yeah, now we have a season to show our future teams what can be achieved if they work hard and follow our coaching. Hopefully that translates to a boost in recruiting as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 1:53 PM

I'd like to add that our coaching staff showed even more when Dante went down with the adjustments they made. It took a few games and we lost a few more when Mitchell went down, too, but the proof that our coaching staff can get it done is right there.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 12:34 PM

I dont think we sneaked up on conference teams as much as we did the media this year. Opponents who play us knew from last year we'd give them a tough game; Last year many of those game went against us where the opposite was the case this year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 1:08 PM

i think that's exactly right.

but from one perspective, can't really blame them. a team that doesn't know how to close out or win close games loses it's best player? unless you followed them closely, no reason to have expected much from them

plus all the attention given to Dook and their freshmen, the defending champ Heels, etc... it's easy to see how the media totally missed what was really going on here

but for those of us who watch(ed) we knew this year's team had tremendous potential.. and lived up to it!

Mar 26, 2018, 2:20 PM

Not being able to sneak up on our opponents does have some advantages and we have seen first hand from our football program just how that can work. The objective is not to rest on our laurels but to improve each year. Our players personally accept the responsibility to work harder as an individual team member. The coaches are under more pressure to make the team better through coaching and recruiting better players. Positive results and attitudes gained through success permeate the program and in turn, stimulate fan interest which creates an environment conducive to success. We often speak of the "domino effect". I can see this at work in our athletic program. The various programs supporting and encouraging the other programs and now the addition of administration support. Success breeds success and we are beginning to see this in our major sports programs. This, no doubt, will spread to our minor sports and to those sports that have not attained the success we would desire.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,141
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic