Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College Football Pet Peeves
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

College Football Pet Peeves

Jun 24, 2019, 12:10 PM

I hate teams that number their field at every 5 yard line, instead of every 10 yard line. LSU comes to mind.

I hate teams that still use the H goal post design instead of the Y goal post design (thanks for adding another potential injury hazard in the form of an unnecessary additional post coming out of the ground in each end-zone. I'm sure players like Mike Williams really appreciate that). FSU and LSU come to mind

I hate any team who uses smoke as part of their field entrance. Its not intimidating, its not motivating, its not unique, its just an annoyance fogging the air up before kickoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: College Football Pet Peeves

Jun 24, 2019, 12:25 PM

I hate any team that uses a song from a movie's soundtrack in their pregame ritual. Especially those that keep using it 51 years after said movie's release.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1***

Jun 24, 2019, 2:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jun 24, 2019, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: College Football Pet Peeves ]

I have only one pet peeve and that is when I have an urgent need to go to the restroom when the Tigers are on our opponents three yard line with a first and goal and our opponent calls a time out.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why I wear Depends to all the games***

Jun 24, 2019, 3:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I hate it when the yellow down marker line that

Jun 24, 2019, 12:28 PM

only people on TV can see gets confused when A ref walks by. One time it blocked all of the players for several series. I hope that person got fired.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While the first two are great points . . .

Jun 24, 2019, 12:28 PM

the +1 came from your finale'!

and . . . que the "wooo hooo" haters in . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sound of rooster crowing after every other play. Same goes

Jun 24, 2019, 12:30 PM

for wolf howling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate it when my team loses

Jun 24, 2019, 12:32 PM

which thankfully is pretty rare these days

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jun 24, 2019, 12:43 PM

I hate it when the scar band plays there little jingle anytime their defense prevents a first down, on any down, even if its a 9 yard gain. Which brings to mind, are they going to have to insert an "of" in their chant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate it when a male mascot wears a dress***

Jun 24, 2019, 12:54 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Male?

Jun 24, 2019, 1:45 PM

Why would you think cocky is male?

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 24, 2019, 1:13 PM

I have two Pet Peeves. When a player is half way in the end zone and gets tackled and when a player is tackled three to five yards out of bounds with no penalty called on either tackle. We do not violate these rules, but our players continue get abused.

I hate teams that have fans that rattle their keys on 3rd down.

Jun 24, 2019, 1:13 PM

It doesn’t intimidate anybody. And I’m surprised more people don’t lose their keys during games doing that crap (specially the drunk ones).

~JKB

Similar in nature

Jun 24, 2019, 1:21 PM

1. Cowbells
2. Waving "Surrender Towels"
3. $EC Shakers (Pom-Poms)
4. Annoying whistlers (applicable to baseball)

.... Ok, all can be summed up with "anything $EC"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

OMG this is the worst. +1***

Jun 24, 2019, 2:26 PM [ in reply to I hate teams that have fans that rattle their keys on 3rd down. ]

Best Is The Standard

Jun 24, 2019, 1:40 PM

The NC St hand gesture comes to mind as annoying and very weak looking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I think wuffies I think throwing dead batteries and spitting...

Jun 24, 2019, 2:34 PM

What a pack of punks.

~JKB

The overuse of the word "physicality"

Jun 24, 2019, 1:49 PM

on ESPN.

I'm talking about you JESSIE P!

Re: The overuse of the word "physicality" and trickeration

Jun 24, 2019, 2:14 PM

neither are words as far as I am concerned

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Along the same lines, "So-and-so squirts through the line!"

Jun 24, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to The overuse of the word "physicality" ]

That just sounds gross!

Likewise, when in basketball, "He flushes it!".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: transfer portal

Jun 24, 2019, 1:52 PM

like it has to be an exclusive group or something.

Wanna leave? Go.

Want some press and attention? Make a portal that you declare to enter - like a draft or something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate it when receivers throw an imaginary flag when they

Jun 24, 2019, 1:57 PM

think they've been interfered with. Or when they think they might have been interfered with. Or when they know they weren't interfered with.

NFL problem too.

No sir. I don't like it.

Re: I hate it when receivers throw an imaginary flag when they

Jun 24, 2019, 2:24 PM

In the same vein, players signaling “first down”. Let the officials call the game.

Also, bands that just will not shut up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: College Football Pet Peeves***

Jun 24, 2019, 1:57 PM

RA'd

Jun 24, 2019, 2:06 PM

because bewbs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: College Football Pet Peeves******

Jun 24, 2019, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: College Football Pet Peeves*** ]

????????????

Jeez, what a mess . . .

Jun 24, 2019, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: College Football Pet Peeves*** ]

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/389198080/h2CF6BBC4/

Jun 24, 2019, 2:37 PM

Anything less than a 7:00 PM kickoff when you are the defending national champion and playing a top 25 team at home.

Jun 24, 2019, 2:55 PM

Can I just say the entire Big 10?
Lives in the (wrong) carolinas, ABC gives me Rutgers vs Iowa rather than Clemson.
31-0hio State
Maryland Benedict Debtor Turtles

Lottery Uniforms Designs. I am fine is Oregon does it but why does everyone else like to randomize their Unis? Every time I see that and my son asks me why they don't play in their colors, I tell him that their parents are embarrassed at they don't want to know they are playing.

Copycat sideline "totems". Chains, garbage cans, lunchpails.... all for folks to hold when they can't hoist trophies.

False rivalries. Yeah, just because there are a couple of good years in one sport doesn't make it a rivalry. Rivalry are when EVERYTHING matters in all sports because you are neighbors.
But I definitely want this trophy.

Jun 24, 2019, 3:01 PM

When our radio broadcast is 4 seconds ahead or behind TV coverage, which brings me to another pet peeve. That dame on ESPN2 or U.
While I’m thinking about it (baseball) teams with half of the players wearing their pants around the ankles and the rest with pants at the knees. What is it with sunglasses on their hats in full sun or a night game.
Stop putting camera on guys in garnet and gold glitter or at our stadium with the guy with orange spiked hair. All co-eds in tiger body paint is welcome.
Domed stadiums.
Stadiums that make both teams enter and leave through same entrances and exits.

I’m sure there are more.......but I need to go count all the deer walking through my backyard.

Jun 24, 2019, 4:00 PM

I hate those cowbells of Mississippi State, it's another (fill in the blank) first down, boos for a football team player (boo the refs all you want) and most of all, the chicken first down or crowing. The Wolf pack howl can get on your nerves too.

My biggest issue is disrespectful fans to visitors.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2019, 7:38 PM

Three things:

1. The sound of Jesse Palmer’s voice
2. The sound of Beth Mowin’s voice
3. Neutral site kickoff classic games

Jun 24, 2019, 8:22 PM

Quinnen Richardson posing for the camera after making a tackle when his team was down 2 touchdowns in the National Championship.

Jun 24, 2019, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: College Football Pet Peeves ]

Quinnen Richardson posing for the camera after making a tackle when his team was down 2 touchdowns in the National Championship.

interview with random ex-coach/player "in the booth"

Jun 24, 2019, 8:53 PM

while the game is going on, and said game being completely ignored while ex-coach/player blathers on about "what they are up to now".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic