Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't feel so bad now ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,634

I don't feel so bad now ...

Jan 16, 2019, 8:04 AM

As you know, VaTech got absolutely blown out by UVa last night ... something like 22 points. UVa right now, looks like the Clemson Football of basketball ...

As you know, 2nite we turn our season around. We play GaTech. They are a good team and I think we win, then go on a eight game winning streak. Matter of fact, looking at the rest of the schedule, there is a distinct possibility we could win out the ACC regular schedule, and end up with 25 wins before the ACCT, real good shape.

Remember, the prime directive is to score more points then the other team. THAT, is the key to winning any game IMHO.

Now as for UVa, Duke et al ... how do you beat them ? You foul them alot. You stick in your second and third team out there FIRST, their job is to rattle them. Then when the second and third team fouls out, you stick in your first team, who will be fresh and finish will them off. I did this a lot with my Youth League team and we did all right with that strategery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't feel so bad now ...

Jan 16, 2019, 8:48 AM

I just want to win this game. Then we can take the next 7 in order.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 8:50 AM

Your humble opinion serves you well. Over 50% of the time the team that scores more points than the opponent wins.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 9:24 AM

Someone, whose basketball knowledge I trust, told me earlier this year after watching UVA that it is the same UVA team as far as style but way more athletic this season. He thought that would allow them to not only win the slow game but also be able to run and score with people if needed.

We will see how that plays out at the end of the season. So far UVA is doing what they always do in the regular season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 11:26 AM

Well, they got that Guy guy who makes 3 pointers like its an uncontested layup. I say foul the heck out of him. Rattle him. Then he will get all flustered. UVa students are known to be "sensitive". Charlottsville is a YUGE "bubble" enclave in Virginia you know. Protesting this or that is a big passtime there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,634
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic