Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Questions about yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 403

Questions about yesterday

Apr 19, 2019, 8:47 AM

1. There was no legal obligation to release the report in any form, correct?
2. Trump had the opportunity to use executive privilege to further redact anything he wanted and did not, correct?

Had it not been released there would have been widespread assumptions of guilt or a cover up. Releasing it to find some cases of pushing the envelope but maybe or maybe not actually committing any crimes is being pretty transparent.

It makes me wonder how many other presidents and campaigns have behaved like this and it just never made its way to the public.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not believe any president was investigated who didn't

Apr 19, 2019, 9:04 AM

exercise executive privilege. I remember Nixon and Clinton doing it.

You also left out the part where Trump ordered his staff to preserve everything no matter how trivial or unimportant it seemed. That along with not using exe privilege is unprecedented and reflects the attitude of a man who knows he's innocent and understands he needs to allow transparency to support it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I do not believe any president was investigated who didn't

Apr 19, 2019, 9:06 AM

lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You live and die by process violations.

Apr 19, 2019, 9:31 AM

That's all Mueller got. Trump answered Mueller's questions in writing about things which happened before the inauguration. He refused to respond to questions pertaining to the time after that.

Why didn't Mueller get a subpoena to force Trump to testify? It's because he had no evidence of a crime. Sure it would have gone to the SCOTUS but probably with the prosecution doing the appeals. Why? Because he had no evidence of collusion and there's not a court outside California which would find a sitting POTUS should be interrogated without solid evidence of a crime.

Have you (or anyone else here) read the constitution's impeachment clause? Strap this on.

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Best of luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You live and die by process violations.

Apr 19, 2019, 10:43 AM

Process violations....nah. It's clear there wasn't a "crime" committed except for those who have been indicted.

But from a practical perspective it's also clear that Trump was saved from an obstruction charge by his staff who refused to follow his orders. Not to mention his families willingness and acceptance of Russia helping Trump's campaign...not illegal, but certainly dishonest and not in our countries best interest to say the least.

I suppose that since the bar for Trump is "if it's not illegal, it doesn't matter", Reps outrage at Omar speaking unpopular thoughts seems rather hypocritical.

Having said all that, I still think Trump was involved in illegal midget bowling. But it appears people are afraid to look into that. This in spite of credible information of a tape showing Trump peeing on the midgets...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watching Jimmy Kimmel last night, his skit on redaction

Apr 19, 2019, 9:19 AM

didn't just imply guilt and cover up, it came out and said it. With some folks, it won't matter what you say to them or show them.

Further proof this is the dem version of Obama being born in Kenya.

starts at 4:57

Apr 19, 2019, 10:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB7ZMczCXEM

Replies: 6
| visibility 403
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic