Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FGF, the way it isn't.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

FGF, the way it isn't.....

Jun 18, 2019, 9:53 AM

In the midst of any difficult day, it is a pleasant diversion to stroll on over to FGF to read how it isn't. FGF gold just posted:

The first key to winning is first getting the right players in school and assembling a solid staff. Muschamp is doing that. Dabo followed that formula to two NC and a solid program. Dabo isn't a big X and 0 coach but he can recruit and anyone can win big with enough big time players. It's like making a hot dog it's hard to really mess it up with the right ingredients available. I refuse to believe Dabo Swinney is a better football coach than Will Muschamp with Muschamp's resume it just ain't possible. Muschamp got hired into some strong programs and that's not a sign of a poor coach. Dabo was a WR coach who has a horse shoe up his a.. who could talk a bear off a fish truck. He's hired good assistants and he let's them coach. Muschamp can be a little hard headed but again, strong players will cover some of that. Gamecock fans are the most impatient fans in the world but given time Muschamp with earn his money. This is only year four and the pieces are coming together nicely but we still might be a year away.

Yeah, just keep believing Muschamp is a great coach. Actually, I love his record against us!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to argue with him after what Muschamp is doing at SC and has done at Florida

Jun 18, 2019, 9:57 AM

Of course I don’t argue with people like that I just sit back and listen with a smirk on my face then I laugh while shaking my head as they walk off.

Seriously though I hope your day gets better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots heard that Muschamp turned the FL program around...

Jun 18, 2019, 10:01 AM

just failed to realize which direction he sent them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots heard that Muschamp turned the FL program around...

Jun 18, 2019, 1:27 PM

He's turned them around 360 degrees

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree with Dabo NOT being an X&O guy.

Jun 18, 2019, 10:01 AM

Anyone that's talked to him him KNOWS that he knows every detail of his team.

Re: I disagree with Dabo NOT being an X&O guy.

Jun 18, 2019, 1:10 PM

Dabo is an excellent X&O guy. His assistant coaches even talk about him coaching THEM. It’s hilarious how he’s depicted in the media & by other (especially one) fan bases.

They also perfectly ignore the fact that Dabo

Jun 18, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to I disagree with Dabo NOT being an X&O guy. ]

hired his assistants based on HIS vision for the team to accomplish the goals that HE set for the program.

DABO had a vision for an uptempo NH offense and hired Chad Morris as OC when NO OTHER program in the country would hire a HS head coach to be a D1 OC after the failed Spence experiment... even releasing good friend Napier to make the hire

DABO hired Scott & Elliott to Co-OC when the rest of college football smirked at his decision to NOT hire a veteran OC from anywhere but a promotion of position coaches... Both of those guys had to rely on DABO to learn and grow into the coaches they are right now...

DABO didn't fully agree with Kevin Steele's defensive philosophy and gave him all the rope he needed to hang himself, and Steele did just that with the 70 points given up to WV... and DABO recognized in Venebles the kind of defensive mindset, acumen and intensity that he needed for HIS vision of the Clemson D to be able to delegate that responsibility to Venebles

DABO sold HIS vision for Clemson football to a veteran AD... that takes knowing the X's & O's of the game, and not just the WR position...

I'm not going to say that he is the most creative X's & O's coach in the game, but he's not just holding a clipboard while all of the other coaches do their job by his delegation...

DABO is a GREAT college football head coach, and I am so glad that he is on my team!!

#AllIn #GoTigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They also perfectly ignore the fact that Dabo

Jun 18, 2019, 1:41 PM

I love your enthusiasm and agree with most of what you said , but I think Chad Morris had one year as Associate HC and OC at Tulsa before Dabo hired him .

Tulsa? HS?? What's the difference??

Jun 18, 2019, 2:58 PM

Chad Morris was only known for his exploits for running that HS team like a well primed Texas oil drill... ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After listening to CDS MANY times, I’d argue - name a BETTER

Jun 18, 2019, 10:20 PM [ in reply to I disagree with Dabo NOT being an X&O guy. ]

X’s & O’s guy.

AND......

I feel the X’s & O’s crap is a media created, talking head, load of steaming bull crap diversion. In college football as it is right now:

ALL

THAT

MATTERS

IS

WINNING

AND

GRADUATING

PLAYERS.

THERE’S your X’s and O’s, jack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: FGF, the way it isn't.....

Jun 18, 2019, 10:05 AM

I refuse to believe Dabo Swinney is a better football coach than Will Muschamp with Muschamp's resume it just ain't possible.

The ignorant is strong with this coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

"Dabo isn't a big X and 0 coach"

Jun 18, 2019, 11:06 AM

People keep saying that. Where do they get that from?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: "Dabo isn't a big X and 0 coach"

Jun 18, 2019, 11:21 AM

I actually agree this this...he doesn't spend any time with "x" and "o's"

I don't believe Dabo sits around and plays tic tac toe....

I believe he has more important things to do, Like running the Number 1 Football program in the Universe.

Jun 18, 2019, 11:25 AM

Dabo is a X-0 coach.... as in a 15-0 coach and a two X natty winner.

Jun 18, 2019, 7:58 PM [ in reply to "Dabo isn't a big X and 0 coach" ]

They all say that because he never was a coordinator and went from a WR coach straight to a HC. National perception about the hire and talking heads at the time were saying he was a bad hire. Also, Spurrier was trash talking about him being just a talker and Morris was doing all the work. I really believe some of their fans knows he's a d- good coach and see the long term danger for them and want to fuel that perception on a fan message board in a misguided belief it will hurt our recruiting/reputation and help theirs.

Jun 18, 2019, 11:29 AM

Dabo not a great X and O coach? That assessment has to come from someone who doesn't know the difference between a burro and a burrow. (That's an a$$ and a hole in the ground). Dabo has hired assistants who certainly know the X's and O's and Dabo knows and lets those assistants know when they make the wrong call. Jealousy and envy clouds one's mind to truth and facts.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2019, 4:35 PM

This Dabo not knowing the intricacies of the game he's spent his whole adult life in is urban legend. He works too hard and studies too much film for that to be remotely true. There are BS artists in this world who skate on personality and glibness but that's not Swinney. And then there is Jeff Scott who has publicly said Dabo calls several plays a game and is in on the game planning.

This legend is nothing more than Coots' wishful thinking and clutching at straws.

I continue to marvel at people who think all you have to do

Jun 18, 2019, 11:32 AM

is recruit great players and discount the coaching aspect. We have some fans like that, too, and we've had a coach or 2, who shall remain nameless, who thought that way, as well.

Regardless of God-given talent, players still have to be developed physically and mentally, learn new more complicated schemes, and have egos and behavior managed. Coaching is more important than filling a locker room w/ 4 and 5* players. You don't just wind them up and let them go. FSU has been a great example of this over the last nearly 20 years. They've always recruited extremely well but the coaching left a ton to be desired most of the time.

The coots who think like this guy are in for a rude awakening because Will Muschump couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. There are reasons he didn't become Texas' HC and didn't last at Florida and wasn't even the coots 4th or 5th choice when Spurrier split. He'll land some good players but managing that situation is another matter.

Anybody who thinks Dabo can't coach needs to watch this

Jun 18, 2019, 12:01 PM

year's spring game where he was with the commentators on the field. He was recognizing and describing minute details of what, how and why each player did this or that. I was lost in the detail. I believe he gets that reputation because his personality is so rah rah that people think that's all there is to him. Go Dabo!!

Re: Anybody who thinks Dabo can't coach needs to watch this

Jun 18, 2019, 3:53 PM

Gee, I'm confused. I watched this past N/C game and seemed to see Dabo consistently out-coach Nick Saban, a truly great coach. Now, Dabo's not a good coach? Hey, did I watch the wrong game? See the wrong score? Didn't Clemson win that game 44 to 16?? Wasn't that really Nick Saban next to tears on the sideline? I'm very concerned because according to the Alabama folks, they didn't really lose the game so I'm thinking I got on the wrong channel, and watched an entirely different contest. I'm very worried.

Jun 18, 2019, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Anybody who thinks Dabo can't coach needs to watch this ]

A common mistake and one that will mess you up is listening to someone's dialect and gauging his IQ...

Jun 18, 2019, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Anybody who thinks Dabo can't coach needs to watch this ]

^This.....I thought the spring game was just a little hint of what Dabo sees on the field. My fav broadcast of any spring game..

Re: I continue to marvel at people who think all you have to do

Jun 18, 2019, 12:19 PM [ in reply to I continue to marvel at people who think all you have to do ]

It now appears the Coots want to be like their SEC East rivals at UGA, be #1 in recruiting, never develop their players and always end up the brides maid.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

muschamps took over for

Jun 18, 2019, 12:59 PM

Meyer at UF and had ONE good season with better players than he has now at Usuck! That one good season sent the Gators to the Sugar Bowl where they promptly lost to Louisville. Am I remembering correctly? The next year after the Sugar Bowl I think he only won three or four games! He has NEVER been a good coach .... and he will not become great in Capitol City either??

Jun 18, 2019, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I continue to marvel at people who think all you have to do ]

coots would kill to be as good of losers as Georgia is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

the problem is that they REALLY do think that they are!!

Jun 18, 2019, 3:17 PM

EVERY... SINGLE... YEAR....... they're fans and homer talking heads are always touting how the game is going to come down the minutest of differences that could bounce their way and give them a win... they are ALWAYS a uga mistake away from being SECLeast champions and getting another division champ banner...

and through the absolute best 10 years in the entire history of the program, they have only finished second in that division twice and won it once... so that means that since being added to the sec in 1992, those are still the best finishes they have ever had... and only because the division was in some of the worse shape in the history of the conference...

silly coots... championships are for winners...

Jun 18, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to I continue to marvel at people who think all you have to do ]

Didn’t UF go with Ron Zook after SS jumped ship? Zooks record at Florida was as bad as Muschamps except for the one good season. Meyer came next I believe without counting Charley Strong’s one game career at UF! lol. UF should be a solid team every year ... but they rarely are.

If you can't recruit at Florida, the problem is staring you

Jun 18, 2019, 1:24 PM

in the mirror every morning. Florida has everything a kid could want and the state is slam full of great players. So, if you suck at Florida, you're going to suck about anywhere.

Re: If you can't recruit at Florida, the problem is staring you

Jun 18, 2019, 4:08 PM

Clemson recruits the he## out of Florida, and why on earth would a quality player there choose Florida over a chance to play at Clemson?? Clemson is a conduit to the NFL if a player has talent, and look at the exposure: Quite likely an undefeated season, very likely an ACC championship, very likely a place in the national championship playoff game, and very likely playing for the national championship itself!! Who's advising some of these kids who appear to be going to dumpster-fire programs where they will probably lose, and likely gain minimal exposure?? It's likely that every game the Tigers play this year will be on national TV.

Jun 18, 2019, 1:31 PM

In the midst of any difficult day, it is a pleasant diversion to stroll on over to FGF to read how it isn't. FGF gold just posted:

Gamecock fans are the most impatient fans in the world but given time Muschamp with earn his money. This is only year four and the pieces are coming together nicely but we still might be a year away.

Yeah, just keep believing Muschamp is a great coach. Actually, I love his record against us!

This is the best line in the whole quote.....ONLY year four. Earn his money. What was Dabo doing at year 4? :)

Dabo was 11-2 regular season, 2nd to FSU in the Atlantic

Jun 18, 2019, 3:23 PM

but putting a 4th and 16 connection on LSU to beat a "vaunted" sec team...

This notion of Dabo not being "a big X and O" coach...

Jun 18, 2019, 1:34 PM

just makes me laugh.

Jun 18, 2019, 1:48 PM

Coot fans are so adorable with their blind faith in the coaching abilities of Willy M. I'd go over there and tell them the truth but I'd feel like I'm telling a 5 year old that there's really no Santa Claus. It's just mean. Let them figure it out on their own when they grow up.

Jun 18, 2019, 2:09 PM

Right at the end of it there were two HUGE errors in his assertions .
The first was that Coots are impatient fans . To the contrary , they're the model of patience in the CFB realm . They've been patiently waiting for something positive to happen for 125+ years and still they wait . Bet on that .
Second thing and the most glaring of the two but somewhat related to their patience is where the OP explains that they are " only " in year 4 of Muschamps tenure and great things should start happening because apparently ...( stifled laughter )... yeah apparently they are only a year away .
If that isn't comedy gold then my dudes y'all don't know a single thing about the Dirtpecker mentality .
That fuse is never reaching the dynamite . Will Muschamp is not EVER going to get their eggs to market . They'll sit on their hands again and again and they'll never figure it out .
I promise you there isn't a dumber , more self-deceptive fanbase in the whole of sports ... worldwide .

Let's enjoy these salad days my friends ... while the chickens run around bumping into each other in the darkest basement of their own creation .

Go Tigers

DB23

Jun 18, 2019, 4:18 PM

I really disagree. I think that Muschamp will lead a a total turn-around in Carolina football, and that USC just needs to give him time. I mean years and years. It would be a terrible mistake for them to fire him in anything less than ten years.

Musky will lead a "total turn around"??

Jun 18, 2019, 10:09 PM

that would imply that they were as some point in history actually going in the right direction...

nah... that never happened... so all Musky can do is lead them where no man has lead them before...

LOL

Jun 18, 2019, 3:10 PM

That had to be a fellow Clemson fan trolling them. There is no way anyone can be that stupid. Muschamp isn’t a good coach at all. If he failed at FLORIDA then guess what.... he’s gonna fail at u of 5c too.

Jun 18, 2019, 4:21 PM

No, don't say that. Muschamp is a great coach who should be retained at Carolina for untold years. We should offer to pay a portion of his salary. You really want him to leave?

Jun 18, 2019, 3:30 PM

Poor guy needs to get back on his medication. Sad.

Jun 18, 2019, 4:23 PM

Dabo has a horseshoe up his ssa? Im messing letres howleeng... LOL Good stuff...

Jun 18, 2019, 8:29 PM

Lumpy recruited well at UF (especially on D). UF played over their head in 2012 (they were good but got exposed in the Sugar Bowl). Injuries plagued UF in 2013 and Lumpy did a poor job coaching around the injuries. In 2014 he coached "not to lose" and lost his job. McTrainwreck comes in a wins two SEC East titles with Lumpy's players by just being a better game day HC (the only thing he was better than Lumpy at) UF will be OK with Mullen, but he still has a lot if damage to repair.

Jun 18, 2019, 9:06 PM

So you're saying he needs one more year ?

DB23

biggest mistake ever at usuck

Jun 18, 2019, 9:31 PM

Was getting rid of Brad Scott .

They still don’t understand Dabo and his attention to detail

Jun 18, 2019, 10:15 PM

Including X’s and O’s. Dabo leaves no stone unturned.

Have you noticed how all the "cheerleader" and most of the

Jun 18, 2019, 10:24 PM

other nonsense has died down on their boards? Sure there is the occasional idiot like the poster you referenced but only a fool (and yes UofSC has plenty of them) can argue with 2 national championships in 3 years.

As for his argument, I really think the hot dog analogy is funny - that idiot doesn't realize that the average recruit rankings for the Alabaman players was higher than ours?

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic