Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can’t help but laugh when I see our class is #10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I can’t help but laugh when I see our class is #10

Feb 6, 2019, 5:05 PM

And we beat the Gold Standard Alabama who is #1 almost every year 44-16 and could have easily hung 50 on them. We are not getting as much talent as the other guys but yet we’ve won 2 National Championships in 3 years. That stat is staring every single one of those other schools right in their faces. I guarantee those other schools are asking ‘how are they beating us and everybody else when they don’t recruit as good as us’? We develope like no one else can in the entire country and I absolutely love it!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I can’t help but laugh when I see our class is #10

Feb 6, 2019, 5:10 PM

Truth betold is we may not get the sheer numbers or overall grade-outs as some others , but our talent is specific and fits . Also , our coaches are the best in the country at teaching and developing talent .
We Too Deep

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 6, 2019, 5:17 PM

anything between 1 and 10 really doesn't matter. the differences are insignificant.

Feb 6, 2019, 5:21 PM

I sat in the 13th row, 30 yard line, at Levi's stadium one month ago, and I sat in Raymond James Stadium two years ago, and nobody can tell me Alabama has more talent that Clemson.

My eyes tell me Clemson has more talent than Alabama.

Tweet that!!!

Feb 6, 2019, 5:49 PM

I twill.

Feb 6, 2019, 6:33 PM

Do you know what makes me laugh? Seeing a clip of Muscoot on the news just now inviting recruits to come be a part of the "first SEC championship". I wonder for which team he's recruiting because I don't see the U of Suck winning an SEC championship in the next decade.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look here.

Feb 6, 2019, 7:11 PM

Talent is one thing, skill development is another. Each player has a level which is the limit of their skill. Some players leave high school with greater skill level which means their growth toward that asymptote is less than a player with less talent and the same ceiling.

Sometimes 3 star turn into NFL players and 5 stars never make the cut. Imo, that's the biggest reason for the oddity we see when we put 3 and 4 stars in the league after winning a lot of games with them.

Most of the time recruiting services evaluate the skill level and ignore the raw talent because of time constraints. Obviously, some coaches do too. It satisfies their fans and often preserves their jobs.

Character, you've heard a lot about character. I know this will offend some good Tiger Fans but character and integrity seem to go hand in hand with work ethic. When you find a 3 star skilled kid with a 4 star ceiling he can reach that ceiling a lot quicker because he works hard.

Imo, Christian kid by whole are more faithful workers and aren't consumed with pride and self aggrandization.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our players believe in themselves and I don’t mean like

Feb 6, 2019, 7:31 PM

Mack Alexander talked about how good he was. He was good. He was very good but guys like Hunter Renfrow, Ryan Carter, the Davis twins, Jalen Williams, Nolan Turner, Adam Humphries. You could maybe even say Denzel Johnson. He was a 3* but also a 2* that had very few offers. Remember when Dabo offered Braden Galloway and he wasn’t even listed on any recruiting services, then we offered and other offers came in and then the stars came by his name? When you truly believe in yourself & and you are constantly being given positive reinforcement around you, you can achieve more than you ever thought possible and no one has that type of atmosphere or feel than we do at Clemson. No one else is even close when it comes to that and it all starts with the head man Dabo.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Feb 6, 2019, 7:42 PM

You can't quantify character and include it in anyone's dumb moneyball formula. Our kids are #1 every year where it counts.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic