Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saban is 100% spot on here . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Saban is 100% spot on here . .

Apr 7, 2019, 10:05 AM

and I also am sure Dabo feels exactly the same.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26458754/saban-players-lose-entering-nfl-draft-early

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's 0% right.***

Apr 7, 2019, 10:11 AM

Re: He's 0% right.***

Apr 7, 2019, 10:16 AM

There are two ways to look at it. Being in college for four years, getting that degree, forming life long friendships, developing as a person, and being part of the Clemson program (for example) will pay dividends over the years. Clemson does it right. A lot of our early departures normally have their degree when they walk out the door. It's all a choice and the players have to make it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's 0% right.***

Apr 7, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to He's 0% right.*** ]

But I'm 100% right here, you're a jackarsie

Saban might as well have just admitted

Apr 7, 2019, 10:18 AM

Dabo's way is kicking my way's butt, so I'm going to try his way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Saban might as well have just admitted

Apr 7, 2019, 10:32 AM

That’s exactly what happened and why all the coaches are now copying Dabo. Living in cootlumbia and hearing muscoot talk, i really do think he listens to Dabo’s pressers and practice what he says... pretty sure tanner told all of em to try and copy Clemson. Which will never happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah Alabama's recruiting has taken a nose dive

Apr 7, 2019, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Saban might as well have just admitted ]

the last couple of years.

2019 Alabama #1
2019 Clemson #10

2018 Alabama #5
2018 Clemson #7

2017 Alabama #1
2017 Clemson #16

2020 Alabama #1
2020 Clemson #2

We definitely get better classes after we win championships

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know what point you're making

Apr 7, 2019, 12:26 PM

but my point is Saban would be the Calipari of football if football had a one and done rule. And to whatever point you're making, Saban has won simply by recruiting superior talent, not by developing talent. He just out-recruits you just like Calipari.

Dabo has built a culture based on academics first. He gets kids who actually value a college degree, not just mercenaries making a stop on their way to the NFL. Saban has come to the realization that Dabo is going to continue to kick his butt because of the difference in cultures.

He can try to copy Dabo (ironic after his copycat statement), but he's years behind the wave. And he's no Dabo, so there's that, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree on Saban not developing players

Apr 7, 2019, 12:37 PM

Put way too many in the nfl to not be developing them also.

He averaged playing about 58 per game

Apr 7, 2019, 12:49 PM

Dabo averaged 72, at least, per game.

During the natty there was the observation that Saban didn't sub on the DL like Dabo. Something was even said to the effect that he hadn't developed as much depth as Dabo.

One reason Clemson may never see a Heisman winner under Dabo is this very thing. Dabo gets young guys in games early. That's developing players/depth. Saban runs up the score. Dabo wins while developing players. The difference is obvious in the postseason.

Re: Saban is 100% spot on here . .

Apr 7, 2019, 10:40 AM

I think he is right in that way too many players go early now. It used to be only the truly elite players would go early but now it seems like you have guys who arent even full time starters on college teams going early just to get on some practice squad or similar.

A lot of them are going to ride pine their senior year

Apr 7, 2019, 11:00 AM

and believe that will hurt their chances so the jump when they can

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Saban is 100% spot on here . . ]

And that is all he said. Too many leave early. They get bad info, think the money is good, which it is, compared to what most make. But in the long run, poor decision. Having money has nothing to do with making good financial decisions.Look how many broke ex pro players there are.

Apr 7, 2019, 10:44 AM

Each player has to way up the options for himself.

How likely is he to make a long career in the NFL?

Is he going to be a superstar, a regular, or just a bench player?

Will he make enough money in the NFL to last a lifetime, or does he have to have something to fall back on?

How will his Draft stock be affected by staying in College for 4 years, compared to coming out early?

Every player's answers will be different, and will affect his decision. Saban shouldn't generalise.

I believe that you are 100% correct

Apr 7, 2019, 11:35 AM

Saban is not wrong but he has a different perspective since his pocket is already full. Leaving money on the table is not necessarily a bad decision. What would you choose if someone told you that you could have 5 million now or you could wait a year and then have a 70% chance at 25 million, a 25% chance at keeping the 5 million, or a 5% chance at not getting anything? I am taking the 5 million now. Some kids are going to make wrong decisions and some kids suspect decisions will prove to be correct, but it is not as easy of a choice as Saban or a lot of others thinks that it should be.

Re: I believe that you are 100% correct

Apr 7, 2019, 12:50 PM

Too many people who make bad financial decisions have nothing to show for it later.

Apr 7, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Saban is 100% spot on here . . ]

I'm not a fan of Saban (Satan), but he is right in this statement. The players are getting bad advice from agents who want them to declare for the draft whether they are ready or not. To go in the draft one year early can cost players millions of dollars and the opportunity to enjoy their senior season with all the honor that comes with it.

This is a silly comment by Saban

Apr 7, 2019, 10:49 AM

Saban said after Alabama's spring game. "If you're a third-round draft pick, and we had one here last year -- I'm not going to say any names

Alabama had exactly one player selected in the 3rd round last year.

Early admission, summer school and college credits in HS_

Apr 7, 2019, 11:21 AM

Easily provide opportunity for obtaining a degree within three years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 12:03 PM

...yeah only Saban should be allowed to cash that check.

Apr 7, 2019, 12:54 PM

Say what you like about Nick... He is a brilliant mind (like Dabo) who knows the in's and out's of the game... No known NCAA infractions and not ONE former player that i am aware of who has claimed that Saban was a "meat market" coach...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban saw our DL come back and win the title. He jealous.***

Apr 7, 2019, 1:48 PM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic