Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Gamecock Fan/Friend Was - Ungrateful
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

A Gamecock Fan/Friend Was - Ungrateful

Nov 19, 2018, 9:00 PM

2 years ago, this friend of mine (Gamecock) whom I'd met years ago when his wife & mine worked together (we had socialized off & on as a result through the years) - I GAVE him my 2 tickets at the Valley to see the CU/SC game. I had work I HAD to do that weekend, so I gave him my 2 tix.

He came by to get them & off he & his wife went to the big game.

Know what? AFTER the game he came by my house again - LATE NIGHT - not to thank me. Instead, he started in on a rant about how rude & awful CU fans were to them! He went ON & ON!! I was getting more & more ticked off but bit my tongue. I finally made a snide remark (but FAR less than I wanted to say) - "Well, I'm sorry you had such a ROTTEN time! I wouldn't have GIVEN you the tickets if I'd known it would go so bad for ya." (Well, it WAS the 56-7 beatdown.)

So he left soon after - still ranting out the door - "I'll NEVER go THERE again!"

I thought, "You sure won't - not on MY tickets - for FREE!!" Can you believe the GALL of that clown? And no - never got one "Thanks for the tix."

Sure learned my lesson that day. Oh, last time we spoke/saw them since. I'm SO GLAD TOO!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would one ever allow gamecocks to come into our house?***

Nov 19, 2018, 9:01 PM

null

Message was edited by: tigerdrummer®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Why would ever allow gamecocks to come into our house?***

Nov 19, 2018, 9:12 PM

Actually, he called asking if I knew of any. They had invited us over for meals & such - - we had dinner out together too - numerous times. Never figured he'd go "total jerk" on me, but should have known. I don't think it was that bad for him @ game (fan-wise) - he was just PO'd SC got crushed.

Nov 19, 2018, 9:22 PM

Granted! He is a coot, after all, so it's not a mystery that he can't foresee the perinneal whipping they take from us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Why would one ever allow gamecocks to come into our house?*** ]

He dances to the beat of a different "Drummer".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You did what?! I can’t get past the fact that you gave them

Nov 19, 2018, 9:04 PM

tickets to begin with.

Re: You did what?! I can’t get past the fact that you gave them

Nov 19, 2018, 9:16 PM

I guess sometimes, ya learn the hard way. But I NEVER expected such ludicrous behavior - POST-GAME!

Re: You did what?! I can’t get past the fact that you gave them

Nov 19, 2018, 9:18 PM

The guy is a coot. Need I say more? Hope the lesson is well learned!

Re: A Gamecock Fan/Friend Was - Ungrateful

Nov 19, 2018, 9:15 PM

That's like inviting in the plague!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 9:24 PM

I know. What I couldn't buy was the "alleged" terrible treatment by CU fans. I know those people in our section & never have seen the stuff he said happened. I've always thought our fans have been some of the nicest to visitors anywhere in the country. I think he wanted to take out his frustrations on somebody, so he "bit the hand that fed him."

Nov 19, 2018, 9:17 PM

Pretty sure he and his wife/date sat in seats next to us. We experienced the same thing. When they win, it's all good, but when they lose, and that is often, they revert to there true persona. I learned a long time ago never to give tickets to a coot. The fans sitting around you do not deserve to be treated that way. Now, I just sit by myself, or leave the seats empty. The cost of the ticket is a small price to pay for affording the true Clemson fans the respect they deserve.

Nov 19, 2018, 9:30 PM

Dugatiger - you're totally correct. Some morons you just can't be hospitable to. Was trying to be a good guy & got a swift kick in the pants for it.

Nov 19, 2018, 9:47 PM

its pitiful, but true; USuC fans are just different and those who are not cannot understand them. it's truly a different worldview.

Nov 19, 2018, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: A Gamecock Fan/Friend Was - Ungrateful ]

its pitiful, but true; USuC fans are just different and those who are not cannot understand them. it's truly a different worldview.

Classic Coot Behavior.***

Nov 19, 2018, 10:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me get this straight--you GAVE your tix to a coot???

Sep 10, 2020, 11:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Hudhud- Your a knucklehead

Nov 19, 2018, 10:45 PM

Sorry to be mean- but your are a knucklehead. No way I would sell- much less give my Tix to an opposing fan.

When we played Notre Dame I had 2 extra tix. I held them up outside the Stadium for sale. A lot of Notre Dame fans wanted to buy them. I refused to sell to them. They got mad - but I would not sell to an opposing fan.

Re: Hudhud- Your a knucklehead

Nov 19, 2018, 11:27 PM

I can't really argue w/you on that. At least I'm a REFORMED knucklehead. As many times as we'd had perfectly fine social experiences with them, I assumed it would be OK. NEVER expected to get "cussed out" by someone I gave tickets to. What a.....what a.....STUPID GAMECOCK he was!! One of those "life lessons" you NEVER forget.

Re: Hudhud- You are not a knucklehead...

Nov 19, 2018, 11:49 PM

you're a good guy and a great Tiger fan, and you did the right thing. Shrew him if he didn't appreciate your "kindness" to watch his chickens get kicked by the Tigers, which he knew was going to happen in the first place. As Thomas Jackson said when "those people" destroyed Fredericksburg, "Shrew them. Shrew them all!"

Go Tigers!!!

Re: Hudhud- You are not a knucklehead...

Nov 20, 2018, 12:02 AM

Thanks "Sean-the-O." That's classic - "Shrew them all!" But ya know, those tough lessons, you never forget what you learn, so I'm always grateful to learn, even if it's the hard way. As George W put it - - "Fool me once - shame on me. Fool me twice - well, shame on....uh...guys who need shaming....or however that thing goes..."

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic