Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Howdy and Farewell Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,137

Howdy and Farewell Clemson

Sep 9, 2018, 10:05 AM

Howdy Tigers,

Fantastic game last night! The loss sucks, but that was easily a classic battle and a fun one to experience. Wish the weather was a bit better, but hopefully it didn't dampen the experience too much for those of you that traveled to Aggieland.

A few notes:

Travelling Tigers: You guys traveled well! We love it when opponents come in droves. Same reasons I mentioned in other posts this week, sharing it has been a source of pride and a celebration of the experience with guests. Guess you can say hosting is a tradition as well, hand-in-hand with "Howdy". Kinda hard to do that if the other school brings an expeditionary force... you guys showed up... in battalions... Next time bring your full band!

Midnight Yell (Friday) and March In (Saturday): Normally we suggest opponent fans come out for this if they wanna, and get only a handful. You guys really came out and really seemed to enjoy. I didn't get to go to Midnight Yell, but watched it stream online from Houston. Yell leaders even acknowledged and said Howdy to your fans at Midnight Yell, and in the video can see some Tigers mixed into the crowd. On Saturday, while walking around waiting for March In, you guys lined the streets and snapped photos of the Band and colors passing by. Well done, Tigers, well done.

(Tiger messin up my Band video... lol)
https://youtu.be/nm3-C50C5kM

Tiger neighbors: I had a family of Tigers show up next to me in the former student section. Great ambassadors for your school, great guests and really added to my experience of the game. As stressful as the game was for both of us, the night ended with me being handed a $2 with a paw print on it. Will keep it all season for good luck. Hopefully we win out and I have your $2 bill to thank for it... haha...

Choked-Up Moment: I usually do, but choked up at the Singing of the Spirit of Aggieland at the beginning and when they introduced and announced the pilots standing on Kyle Field who did the flyover to start the game, each holding their babies... There's the game, then there's life... Aggies know this well for many reasons, one of them being the 1999 Bonfire Game.

Halftime Performance: For those that couldn't travel and may be interested in... here's the Band's halftime performance last night, below.

Good luck the rest of the way, Tigers! And I don't mean that in a self-serving way. Enjoyed having you.

Gig 'em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sl8S1q6WGs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Howdy and Farewell AGGie!

Sep 9, 2018, 10:14 AM

ThX for everything shared, Salute & You Come Back (at Death Valley #1 in 2019), you hear!
??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Howdy and Farewell AGGie!

Sep 9, 2018, 10:16 AM

Good Lord, willing, bulb. Take care!

Interested in your take on our perception of the (poor)

Sep 9, 2018, 10:29 AM

officiating. Do you think our observations have merit?

And thanks for being a great guest on Tnet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Interested in your take on our perception of the (poor)

Sep 9, 2018, 10:50 AM

Well, have to be honest here... I normally don't like to enter in this type of chat on opponents boards, but you seem to be a fair bunch. So here it goes...

We can pick at many, but I also a fan of "let 'em play" to some extent. I think we fans start losing the overall game when we're looking for every little thing to draw a flag or make a call go another way vs putting it in all in perspective and enjoying the game.

That said... Really only have two calls to really mull over...

1 - The "Touchback": Should have "stood". Both sides want to claim it was "CLEARLY!!!" this or that. When I look at the video, it's incredibly hard to determine whether it went over the pilon or not. So after review it was "the call stands", not "confirmed". I think it could have easily been out of bounds or a touchback. But I have to trust the sideline judge since I have to admit the video is not conclusive. So on this one, I side with Clemson fans - it was fair to call it the way it was called. The End.

2 - The Offensive Pass Interference: On this one, you guys definitely should have been called. This is the big play down field that set up a TD. Your guy clearly pushed our defender. Should have been called. (I was at the game, bear in mind I haven't watched the game film yet, but it seemed flagrant on the replay in the stadium for sure.)

That really is the only two real debates. Most of the rest is noise, trees in a forest. I am seeing a lot of chatter on this board about us holding. Haven't watched the game film, but I didn't notice it last night and no one around me (even some Clemson fans) were saying anything about holding. Regardless, the only two issues I can remember that REALLY mattered in this one are the two above.

I respect you and your measured response

Sep 9, 2018, 11:03 AM

My guess is after you have a chance to watch it, you'll see our point.

Anyway, thanks for being a good guest and congrats on the toughness of your team. That's a very good squad.

Ya'll will win a lot of games, but Saban ain't gonna let that amount of holding happen. Good luck!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Howdy and Farewell Clemson

Sep 9, 2018, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the kind words. Your team fought and played to win last night. Also thanks for the band performance. Just awesome.Good luck the rest of the year and BEAT BAMA!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 10:24 AM

Our Universities are a lot alike in heritage & direction. This game was great for both teams, showing us some areas that need to be cleaned up to keep improving through the season. I believe by the end of the year we’re both going to be pleased with the results!

Thanks Aggie!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 10:26 AM

Great post and thanks. Need more input from opponents like this. As I read the post, could not help but think that if we had lost the game, the post would not have been much different.

You folks are classy in a way only Texans and former SWC members

Sep 9, 2018, 10:30 AM

can be. You're definitely not the typical traditional SEC crowd.

I'll always have a soft spot for TAMU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 10:34 AM

PS - Still going through videos I took... More Clemson folks getting into my March In snaps... LOL

https://youtu.be/mVbnCX_vbBM

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,137
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic