Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence jumps in the Clemson record book after one game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence jumps in the Clemson record book after one game

Sep 2, 2018, 8:01 AM

Trevor Lawrence jumps in the Clemson record book after one game

It took Trevor Lawrence one game to enter his name in the Clemson record book. Lawrence completed 9-of 15-passes for 137 yards and three touchdowns Saturday afternoon against Furman in his collegiate debut, joining Deshaun Watson as the only true freshmen quarterback in program history to throw three touchdown passes in a game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence jumps in the Clemson record book after one game

Sep 2, 2018, 8:08 AM

TL is a PUMPER!...keep bringing it SUNSHINE!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the 2 QB System this year may work & win for Clemson..

Sep 2, 2018, 8:17 AM

plus make our opponents work harder, keep both guys happy & give Tigers a chance to win that 3rd Natty.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the 2 QB System this year may work & win for Clemson..

Sep 2, 2018, 8:46 AM

A two QB system does sound a little strange to me bc, old timers like you and I and many other old timers have always said and believed the old saying that if you had a two QB system, it meant that you didn't have one really good QB as a Tajh Boyd or a DW4!!! It is always good that your #2 QB could get through a game or part of a season if they had to, but when really good QB's get in their groove they are hard to beat, and if you get a score down near the end of a game, a really good QB can become a championship QB in just a few seconds. Who do you call on in that same situation in a two QB system???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it works, why not? Just win.***

Sep 2, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to I think the 2 QB System this year may work & win for Clemson.. ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 2, 2018, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence jumps in the Clemson record book after one game ]

Not sure Pumper is the right description, I'd call him a Winner. It's just part of his DNA

Sep 2, 2018, 8:42 AM

He will break the record. Only question is which game, but I have some ideas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:55 AM

Just about every record DW4 set at Clemson will remain bc TL is trapped in a QB system. I personally would rather seen him red shirt than to be in a two QB system. Spitting the time behind center spits the stats and their numbers, and that means that the records set by one QB can not and will not be broken by 2 QB'S playing in the same season!!! If Trevor Lawrence hadn't been the only starter on his HS, DW4's Georgia records would still be standing!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 9:20 AM

The biggest problem I see for TL redshirting, is that he will probably only be here 3 years. To me, that wastes a year for him. He's not the average QB.

Sep 2, 2018, 11:21 AM

Above average QB'S shouldn't be sharing snaps is what I'm saying!!! I had concerns of TL being the starter right off, but after yesterday, those concerns are gone. If he would have been in long enough to get into rhythm, he would have showed out!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Sep 2, 2018, 11:33 AM

It did look and feel different when TL was in the game. More energy and intensity. If it stays this way the pendulum will shift to more time on the field for him. But the great thing about having KB is there is no need to rush things with TL. As he gets more comfortable and confident we will see more of him.

What a great time to be a Tiger!!!!!

Sep 2, 2018, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence jumps in the Clemson record book after one game ]

Above average QB'S shouldn't be sharing snaps is what I'm saying!!! I had concerns of TL being the starter right off, but after yesterday, those concerns are gone. If he would have been in long enough to get into rhythm, he would have showed out!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Geez idk you could be right. I wonder if the coaches have thought of this ^^^

Smh...

Sep 2, 2018, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence jumps in the Clemson record book after one game ]

Who cares if QB's break records so long as they win games?

Sep 2, 2018, 11:04 AM

rwellis said:

Who cares if QB's break records so long as they win games?

Exactly

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 12:58 PM

Exactly right. Good grief. This isn't about records. Listen to the players.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence jumps in the Clemson record book after one game ]

WE may say "who cares", but when you have guys capable of moving to The League, THAT comes into play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Redshirting TL would be totally stupid, unless injured!!

Sep 2, 2018, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence jumps in the Clemson record book after one game ]

We will not get an extra year out of him if he redshirts, and he is gaining valuable experience this year, even if he only takes half the snaps!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO redshirting TL would be insane. He may end up as our

Sep 2, 2018, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence jumps in the Clemson record book after one game ]

best chance to win in games this year. This is a year that we can compete for a natty.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was so unexpected.***

Sep 2, 2018, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great photo! You could tell Kelly is happy for him.***

Sep 2, 2018, 9:11 AM

Rare Time When The TWO QB System Will Work

Sep 2, 2018, 10:08 AM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The combo worked well Saturday. Each QB very good in their own unique ways. Adds yet more twists and turns to the "look" of the offense. I say do it until its obvious it doesn't work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rare Time When The TWO QB System Will Work

Sep 2, 2018, 10:27 AM

How long do you think it will be until we see both of them on the field at the same time????? Maybe in College Station Saturday??? Talk about confusing the defense!

Now BOTH QB's on field At SAME TIME would be a cool play !

Sep 2, 2018, 11:09 AM

Now, Bryant can run ! AND can throw ! So snap to Trevor, latterals to Bryant who at that time has the OPTION to run it, throw it OR yet another option latteral it BACK to Trevor ... meantime, Bryant then runs a deep post AND Trevor hits him perfect for a TD !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now BOTH QB's on field At SAME TIME would be a cool play !

Sep 2, 2018, 11:19 AM

Or hand it to KB on a jet sweep and he has the option to run or pass, maybe even back to TL. ??

Sep 2, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Now BOTH QB's on field At SAME TIME would be a cool play ! ]

Now, Bryant can run ! AND can throw ! So snap to Trevor, latterals to Bryant who at that time has the OPTION to run it, throw it OR yet another option latteral it BACK to Trevor ... meantime, Bryant then runs a deep post AND Trevor hits him perfect for a TD !!!

Exactly what I’ve been saying for months... TL @ QB, 2RB formation w/ KB @RB... Option game gets crazy

Sep 2, 2018, 12:17 PM

I hope you are kidding. There aren’t many OLs that are that good and Clemson ain’t one of them!Running around in the backfield is NOT a good idea!

I Jest Not !

Sep 2, 2018, 12:36 PM

Of course all these offensive schemes are predicated on the assumption of safety first ! If Bryant receives the pigskin on the lateral he only runs IF there is a clear wide open running lane, three yards and a cloud of dust is NOT his objective ... IF no wide open lane, and no apparent receivers he would then lateral BACK to Trevor, would would then resume his normal QB reads ... also this would free up Bryant who in turn would then become yet another throwing option after he runs down the field ! Surely the D will become dazed and confused facing this !

AND THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE... BOTH ON FIELD

Sep 2, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Rare Time When The TWO QB System Will Work ]

At same time!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AND THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE... BOTH ON FIELD

Sep 2, 2018, 1:46 PM

Ok, you guys saying KB looked so great, an improved. Tell me where? One pass. I saw the same KB as last year. One progression. Just as the receivers would work open, he would pull it, and run. He struggled against FCS Furman. Had a horrible completion rate, a terrible QBR, and didn’t put as many points on the board as a kid who is still learning the system after 5, FIVE years in the system. Listen, I want every Tiger to succeed. But, when Lawrence is out there it looks easier, because it is. The defense has to defend everything. Not just one progression, then crash in on the running qb. Go back and watch the game again. I’ve watched it three times now. Lawrence improves the running game by making the LB’s backup, the S’s backup. Lawrence will only get better with experience. If he’s already better than KB as an 18 year old after just a few months in the system. Imagine after three games! KB would make a great slot receiver. Or, RB. I just don’t think he can beat Alabama, or Georgia, or is our best QB anymore. That doesn’t make me a bad Clemson fan. I think highly of KB, but he’s done about all he can, with the gifts he has.

Message was edited by: OneJedi

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 2:03 PM

Our guys seem content with a 2 player rotation. If you watched the Ala-Lou game, Tua looks like he cemented his spot as #1 and Hurts looked like he walked around a corner and was robbed at gunpoint.

Sep 2, 2018, 3:06 PM

I might be wrong.I believe T-Law will stay four years at Clemson. He will be like the D-line members! Gooooo Tigers!

How is that a record? DW had 6 TDs his first start

Sep 2, 2018, 6:00 PM

as a true freshman

Re: How is that a record? DW had 6 TDs his first start

Sep 3, 2018, 1:39 AM

Exactly. I’m like what is he talking about other than trying to lean everything towards Trevor. The kid is great but so is Kelly. Please don’t go down this road TigerNet. Please keep it clean and unbiased

Sep 3, 2018, 4:51 PM

No, it says he joins DW4 as the only true freshman to throw 3 (implies or more) tds in a game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 8:41 AM [ in reply to How is that a record? DW had 6 TDs his first start ]

It's not a starter record. Trevor didn't start the game.

DW4's debut was vs UGA, which he threw 1 TD. So for debut first game played (it never said started), his was more than Deshaun's.

Sep 3, 2018, 8:23 AM

Could TLaw have made that 35 run? Three rushing attempts resulted in 1 yard gained and a sack. I'm willing to bet those weren't designed runs just Trevor trying to avoid the pass rush. It's early but it doesn't appear that TLaw is the 2nd coming of DWatson as far as mobility.

Sep 3, 2018, 8:28 AM

They were zone reads where he pulled. Line gave up one sack when a TE busted his assignment. TLaw may not be the next coming of DW4 from a running standpoint but make no mistake he can move. Also, why run when he already has the best arm in college football.

Also, you seem active here this morning. Can you update me on the Justin Fields highlights from game 1?

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic