Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How is GT losing $$$ ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,087

How is GT losing $$$ ?

Feb 26, 2019, 10:39 AM

What are they spending it on ?

www.ajc.com/sports/college/future-home-games-mercedes-benz-stadium-could-ahead/5BNNY9QVBsRTTGXsuimIgL/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is GT losing $$$ ?

Feb 26, 2019, 10:41 AM

Nobody is spending it on them.

There have hardly been any fans in the stands at their football games the last couple of years.

Feb 26, 2019, 10:48 AM

I think it's pretty cool they will play games in the Benz. Imagine when we play them there, filling that place up with our fans.

Feb 26, 2019, 3:47 PM

If we're going to pay for over half the seats at the get games at the Benz, then the Peach Bowl needs to give us over half the premium seats. We don't need to be subsidizing gt athletics without getting a lot back. Treat like a neutral site game.

Feb 26, 2019, 3:51 PM

To be sure I wasn't too subtle on my feelings about gt, let me say screw them.

For background, I lived through the period when gt wouldn't come to Clemson to play us.

Exactly !!!!

Feb 26, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: How is GT losing $$$ ? ]

The only games Georgia Tech comes even remotely close to selling out are against Clemson and Georgia, and that's largely if not entirely due to the fans from the opposing teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 26, 2019, 10:48 AM

Spending too much money on basketball without an good return. Actually, it is likely that the non-revenue sports are not being assisted by the revenue sports as well as they should.

GT football has struggled a bit in the last 3 years. Basketball has been a mess, baseball is ok/good, but they are not in the bigger $$$ game.

Really, the ATL pro teams have been better-ish of late, GT's teams have been stale.

Feb 26, 2019, 10:53 AM

I think pro sports in Atlanta have killed the interest in GT sports. Well that and Paul Johnson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2019, 10:55 AM

I bet if they had our team their stands would be full and the merchandise would be flying off of the shelves in ATL.

and if their basketball team was top 10

Feb 26, 2019, 10:58 AM

They would certainly be more popular than the sorry Hawks

Feb 26, 2019, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: How is GT losing $$$ ? ]

Well, then the Hawks and Falcons were dumpster fires and GT had something interesting, yeah, GT is fine. However, only being one game under .500 in your last 4 season (3-9, 9-4, 5-6, 7-6) isn't going to do it when the Hawks haven't been THAT bad and the Falcons have made a SB run in that span.

You would think the "ambulance" watch factor for the flexbone would help. Every play has a big chance of a season ending knee injury. At least the student-surgeons from Emory should be happy to attend.

Feb 26, 2019, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: How is GT losing $$$ ? ]

I'm gonna miss Pauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul Johnson!!!

Feb 26, 2019, 10:52 AM

Classic car repairs.

Translation: Games against Clemson and Georgia***

Feb 26, 2019, 10:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

And ND. The ATL has catholics too.***

Feb 26, 2019, 10:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2019, 11:18 AM

Typically occurs when expenses exceed revenues

You can't spend it if you don't make it because......

Feb 26, 2019, 11:19 AM

if you didn't know any better you'd swear Tech is located in the middle of nowhere somewhere, instead of downtown Atlanta. They get virtually no press/media coverage here in Atlanta compared to Georgia. The media in Atlanta just swoons over Georgia.

And they don't have any fan following to speak of. This new coach needs to shed the past ASAP and come up with brand new ideas, etc. first of all which will help their recruiting. Now that they'll be running a 21st century offense finally that's GOT to help.

Re: You can't spend it if you don't make it because......

Feb 26, 2019, 12:09 PM

Will take them a few years to change that, with recruiting, developing and then doing some winning. The Tigers should continue disassembling the Wreck from Tech for some time to come.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,087
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic