Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How dare we!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

How dare we!

Jul 20, 2019, 6:40 AM

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/u-s-military-has-begun-reestablishing-air-base-inside-saudi-n1031916

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: How dare we!

Jul 20, 2019, 8:08 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try again. You failed!

Jul 23, 2019, 8:34 AM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

That base is roughly equidistant from both Iran and Yemen

Jul 20, 2019, 8:18 AM

I wonder what this is really about. Countering the Iran threat makes for much better PR than dropping bombs on Yemeni civilians.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/07/saudi-uae-led-coalition-unleashes-air-raids-yemen-capital-190720085657869.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/18/world/middleeast/saudi-prince-yemen-emirates.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29319423

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That base is roughly equidistant from both Iran and Yemen

Jul 20, 2019, 8:24 AM

We will stay out of the Yemen cluster puck. That is on the Arab coalition , it could end but they will not really commit boots to the ground. They tried to buy Pakistani boots but that was turned down.

Be circumspect, JD.

Jul 20, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to That base is roughly equidistant from both Iran and Yemen ]

If Trump starts a war he will pay for it in 2020.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 8:21 AM

Yeah, that will stir up the 10%-15% of hardcore crazies for sure. Gonna get interesting for expats working in KSA again, I was over there when the Khobar bombing happened, also for the many gun battles and deaths around the Kingdom the occured later. I had 1 National that worked for me call asking us to fly over his house and drop off a carton of smokes, I laughed and asked why , he held the phone out the window to better hear the automatic rifle fire from the assault on the house across the street when 4 Al-Qaeda gunmen holed up in it. Was there for the shooting at gas stations, grocery stores,an oil facility, attempted bombings of oil facilities and the takeover of the Oasis compound. Fun times for sure.

Jul 20, 2019, 9:48 AM

when the war machine starts revving up, that means we are nearing the end of the business cycle and the executive branch is doing anything by any means to keep the Fed from contracting the money supply.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 9:59 AM

By any measure we are past due for a recession going on past history. In truth we have only had the present cycle due to cheap FED money and nothing was actually fixed from 2008. That is why even a hint of FED trying to unload the balance sheet or raise rates kicks the markets in the nuts.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:03 AM

that is just investor willingness/ confidence. Market speculation have little bearing the on the health of our economy which is more so tied to the money supply. Every recession since 1914 is a direct result of the fed contracting the money supply to keep interest rates above inflation.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:30 AM

Markets are a predicator of where it thinks the economy is headed, thus interest rate rises kick it in the nuts. It also becomes a self feeding prophecy in that they cut back on expenditures and expansion.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:00 AM

USA...making war is what we do...probably have Bolton to thank for this one.

Jul 23, 2019, 10:17 AM

What happens when Pakistan sides with Iran, then India. What kind of mess will that be? The dooms day clock is currently set at 2 minutes to midnight BTW.

https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/current-time/

Jul 23, 2019, 11:53 AM

Seems we'd learn our lesson from Vietnam, Iraq, Congo, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Afghanistan...etc, etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic