Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help me out here...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Help me out here...

Jun 20, 2018, 11:38 AM

Is there ANY Power 5 program with a worse resume than the Gamecocks?
I thought of NC State, but they have 7 conference titles.
Vanderbilt? 14 conference titles before the SEC and two possible national titles.
Wake? Nope, 2 conference championships, also played in a BCS bowl (Orange)
Anyone?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indiana and Iowa State maybe?

Jun 20, 2018, 11:48 AM

That's all I can think of but I'm too lazy to actually look up their accomplishments

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Indiana, nope. Played in a Rose Bowl and won 2...

Jun 20, 2018, 12:04 PM

Conference championships

Iowa State is close, but theyve actually won 2 conference championships.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help me out here...

Jun 20, 2018, 12:00 PM

While USC has been bad, historically, in football, they're not at the bottom among Power 5 schools. In the SEC, it could be argued that Missouri, Vandy and KY have experienced less success than USC. Duke would certainly be lower than USC, as would WF, Virginia and Syracuse.

Arizona, Kansas and Iowa State would also be lower.

I'd say USC is somewhere in the middle. The problem comes from their self-perception. They're a "5" but strut around like they're a solid "10".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are 25th worst

Jun 20, 2018, 12:06 PM

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=1869&end=2017&rpct=30&min=5&se=on&by=Losses

That's not a list of P5 schools***

Jun 20, 2018, 12:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

At least they're in the top 25 of something***

Jun 20, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to They are 25th worst ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom...???***

Jun 20, 2018, 12:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are 25th worst

Jun 20, 2018, 1:40 PM [ in reply to They are 25th worst ]

coots are the SEC floor. That is the thing the doormat sits on top of. Vandy is the door mat

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Missouri? They've already had more success in the SEC

Jun 20, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Help me out here... ]

than the coots have, and they have 15 conference championships.

Re: Missouri? They've already had more success in the SEC

Jun 20, 2018, 12:45 PM

Are you sure about that?

Missouri hasn't won a conference championship since they were in the Big Eight in 1969.

They are .500 against USC all-time.

They won the SEC East 2013 and 2014, and USC won it in 2011.

Since 2010, Missouri has won 5 fewer games than USC.

They both suck and it can be argued (as I said before) that one is worse than the other.

So USuCk has 1 SEC division championship

Jun 20, 2018, 12:54 PM

while Missouri has 2 SEC division championships.

2 > 1

So yes, I'm sure about that.

I somewhat agree with what you are saying for now, but...

Jun 20, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Help me out here... ]

Im talking historically.
Every team you listed is far superior historically to the Gamecocks, with multiple major bowl games and multiple conference championships.

Don't know what your criteria are for successful football

Jun 20, 2018, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Help me out here... ]

programs, but Duke was considered a strong program for many years (up to the late 60's/early 70's) and have won or shared 7 ACC titles. The Blue Devils were strong years before the ACC started as well

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A septic tank is more useful than USuCk's football program.

Jun 20, 2018, 12:07 PM

Then there's toilet paper, urinals...USuCk ranks just behind them in usefulness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A septic tank is more useful than USuCk's football program.

Jun 20, 2018, 1:37 PM

Septic tanks, urinal, toilets and toilet paper are all extremely useful. Where would we be without them?

USuK on the other hand has no usefulness and the world would be better off without them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A septic tank is more useful than USuCk's football program.

Jun 20, 2018, 2:25 PM

coots are useful in keeping septic tank’s, urinal’s and toilet paper’s self esteem up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia?

Jun 20, 2018, 1:06 PM

They haven't been good at much, except losing big games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Hey, they got rings one year!

Jun 20, 2018, 1:11 PM

You can't just get them anywhere!

Hejj Naw...

Jun 20, 2018, 2:11 PM

Re: Help me out here...

Jun 20, 2018, 5:19 PM

Oregon State is pretty bad but then again so is USuCk

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20