Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I suspect that this has been discussed.. but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I suspect that this has been discussed.. but...

Jan 17, 2019, 3:28 PM

Did you read about Chicago businessman and co owner of the Aleina Group, Nick Kokonas, who has invited the team to Chicago for a proper celebration of the teams accomplishments.? He is quoted as saying “ I could care less about college football but this is about showing them how a proper celebration looks into manhood”. I’m guessing he voted for someone other than McDonald.

Clemson has nor responded to the invitation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suspect that this has been discussed.. but...

Jan 17, 2019, 3:32 PM

unless he does this for every championship team, it sounds like an improper benefit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I suspect that this has been discussed.. but...

Jan 17, 2019, 3:43 PM

I’m sure it isn’t something that he has done previously. To me he obviously is trying to do a “one upmanship” on the President. I don’t think that neither Clemson nor Dabo wishes to get into a pi$$ing contest with the main man! It would be a great tribute to the seniors and those who have received their degrees however. All the others are probably getting into the second semester mode.

Heard that on SirXM. Was offerering to cover meal at a 3 Michelan star restaurant.

Jan 17, 2019, 3:47 PM

That's fancy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Heard that on SirXM. Was offerering to cover meal at a 3 Michelan star restaurant.

Jan 17, 2019, 3:51 PM

He co owns Aleina, Next, Roister and the Aviary. All fine dining in Chicago.

Why not just go Red Lobster and spend a heck of a lot...

Jan 17, 2019, 3:49 PM

less than driving or flying to Chicago for one meal? Obviously the guy knew Clemson wouldn't violate common economic sense just because he made an offer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why not just go Red Lobster and spend a heck of a lot...

Jan 17, 2019, 3:56 PM

If I was a young guy just finishing my college career and being a part of a national championship team recognized by millions I’d probably go crazy with the opportunity to fly to the Windy City and dine at the Aviary with my teammates but that’s just me I guess. The Red Lobster in Greenville in pretty nice! I know hundreds who have eaten there... including me. Anyone can do it.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic