Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Health Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Health Question

Oct 18, 2017, 10:56 PM

I am 27 years old and have recently started feeling abnormalities in my heart. For instance i will be sitting on the couch and it will suddenly speed up for like 5 beats, slow down to normal, and then speed up again. And then sometimes it will be normal and then pause and have one hard beat then back to normal. Does anyone have this problem? Any ideas to help?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Health Question

Oct 18, 2017, 11:00 PM

go see a doctor dude, ASAP. you were either having a panic attack or there is a possibly something more serious is going on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^understands things***

Oct 19, 2017, 7:49 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like some sort of arrhythmia

Oct 18, 2017, 11:07 PM

My guesses from your description would be atrial fibrillation, premature atrial contractions, or premature ventricular contractions. Regardless, it’s a good idea to get it checked out. You will want to see a cardiologist. They will do an exam, EKG, and possibly an echocardiogram (heart ultrasound). They might have you wear a Holter monitor for a few days if the previous tests are normal (I bet they will be), especially if they think you only flip into an abnormal rhythm occasionally.

There can be a lot of causes for irregular heartbeat, including stress, dehydration, and electrolyte abnormalities to name a few.

It’s probably not anything serious, but still important to get checked out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 18, 2017, 11:12 PM

I know men don't like to hear this, but you should really get this checked out. If you don't have a doctor, go to urgent care, or a minute clinic, or the nurse practitioner if your employer has one. Hopefully you'll get a clean bill of health and a simple explanation, but you can't be too careful with your heart or your vision!

Oct 18, 2017, 11:53 PM

In my low 30’s I had heart palpitations such as the ones you described. It lasted for a couple months and then never saw them again. I got a full checkup and everything was fine in the tests. Doc things is was stress related and maybe due to vitamins I was taking. I haven’t had any problems since (it’s been years).

Just go get it checked out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2017, 7:25 AM

GO SEE A DOCTOR!!!

maybe cut back on the caffeine too....

Quit rewatching the Clemson syracuse game...

Oct 19, 2017, 7:36 AM

It gives me heart issues too!

But seriously - go see a doctor. Advice from TigerNet is not adequate medical treatment!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of folks have unusual heart rhythms...

Oct 19, 2017, 10:46 AM

I've read that a sudden speeding up of heart rate for no apparent reason can be, amongst other things, for the following reasons:

1 - A nerve problem that ehibits itself in certain postures.

2 - Anxiety

3 - A heart valve issue

4 - A thyroid issues

5 - A blood sugar issues

6 - Too much caffeine

The list above is by no means exhaustive.

Talking with your cardiologist is the best way to get the answers. Perhaps wearing a monitor for awhile which will tell the story of what your heart is doing. If it's atrial tachy bursts, then there's probably no problem. If it's ventricular, then the cardiologist may want to take some additional steps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 19, 2017, 12:02 PM

Go see your doctor immediately. It may be something minor or nothing at all, BUT, the longer you wait you will worry yourself sick and that becomes another problem.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same chit happens to me when Deon Cain drops the ball.***

Oct 19, 2017, 12:20 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The next time it happens try to determine...

Oct 19, 2017, 12:38 PM

whether your heart causes the issue or your awareness that there is an issue. I know it sounds impossible but you described a panic attack.

Panic attacks are like nonpoisonous snakes. They scare you out of your skin but they are almost always harmless. I deal with panic attacks just like I deal with snakes.

When I first encounter a snake I go batchit crazy but I try to focus on the snake long enough to determine what kind of snake it is. If it's poisonous I back away. If it's just a king or chicken snake I move on. If it scare me too much I kill it just to get even.

In extreme conditions I recommend drugs to handle the condition but no one should ever self medicate. If you can't control it by identifying the problem and recognizing it as a panic attack then see a doctor.

Beware of the doctors/drugs. The drugs to treat panic attacks will create a situation in which you will need to take the drug to sleep. When that happens you've gone too far. You won't know it until it happens. Breaking the drug habit is as bad as having panic attacks. It takes two weeks to get over the drugs and get a restful nights sleep again. Oh yeah, the panic attacks return and you end up right where you started.

Good luck

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic